Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K2 - AOS biometrics (required)?

K2 - AOS biometrics (required)?

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default K2 - AOS biometrics (required)?

I've received an ASC Appointment NOtice dated 8th September (appointment date for OCtober 14th). Both myself and my 8 year old had our AOS biometrics done May 2004. I've spoken with the customer services and they told me that as she's only 8 she may not be required to have them done again. (To date, I haven't received an ASC Appointment Notice for her).

IF that's the case then why did she have to have them done in the first place!! Anyone have any thoughts/advice??? Please???
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

PHILLY2004 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: K2 - AOS biometrics (required)?

Originally Posted by Lara45
I've received an ASC Appointment NOtice dated 8th September (appointment date for OCtober 14th). Both myself and my 8 year old had our AOS biometrics done May 2004. I've spoken with the customer services and they told me that as she's only 8 she may not be required to have them done again. (To date, I haven't received an ASC Appointment Notice for her).

IF that's the case then why did she have to have them done in the first place!! Anyone have any thoughts/advice??? Please???

Sounds like they made a mistake the first time. The instructions on the uscis.gov site for the I-485 states that people age 14-79 need biometrics.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

jujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura about

I Believe PHILLY2004 is correct by the way have you has your fingerprints redone since May 2004?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

lovenlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jujubar
I Believe PHILLY2004 is correct by the way have you has your fingerprints redone since May 2004?
the fingerprints are only good for 15 months, if her case is still pending after 15 months they will require you to have them redone, if you don't they will likely not proceed with your case. Or so i heard from an IO, we recently had to deal with this just to try and TALK with someone.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lovenlife
the fingerprints are only good for 15 months, if her case is still pending after 15 months they will require you to have them redone, if you don't they will likely not proceed with your case. Or so i heard from an IO, we recently had to deal with this just to try and TALK with someone.
Well I've just been on the phone yet again, explained that both my fingerprints and my 8 year olds were done at the same time last May 2004, said that I"ve received a notice to get mine done again but have not received anything for my daughter. He told me I'd just have to wait ... nothing I can do about it.

Im wondering whether I should write a letter to our local office asking if there's any way in which I can get an ASC appointment for her so that BOTH of ours can be done on the same day.

OH and I also asked why our AOS files were transferred to California on 20th September and was told it was due to a backlog and that I should hear something within 60 to 90 days. I"m just so totally fed up of all of this!!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

istoleabloke is a jewel in the roughistoleabloke is a jewel in the roughistoleabloke is a jewel in the roughistoleabloke is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lara45
OH and I also asked why our AOS files were transferred to California on 20th September and was told it was due to a backlog and that I should hear something within 60 to 90 days. I"m just so totally fed up of all of this!!
From what I have heard, that *MIGHT* be very good news for you. Some of those cases transferred to CA are having their AOS approved without an interview and receiving their green cards in the mail.