Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1'ers - Weddings at a Distance?!

K1'ers - Weddings at a Distance?!

Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:47 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: K1'ers - Weddings at a Distance?!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That's what Sheila and I did. We stayed in Gatlinburg but actually got married here in Townsend a few miles to the west of Gatlinburg. Ate at the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge... had a great time! Wow... in a few months, that'll be 12 years ago! My, but the time does fly!

Ian
YAY Gatlinburg (and Tennessee)! If you do go there, be sure to hit Bennett's BBQ in Pigeon Forge - best BBQ you can have up there!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have no idea how many of our friends and family will make the trip. M's family are all on the east coast and mine obviously in the UK. I do have some friends in Cali though so you never know. In any case, given we'll be living in LA, a drive to Vegas or somewhere on the coast with a package similar to Sunflower's sounds relatively stress free!!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh and if we have guests I might do a red velvet cupcake tower for a wedding "cake". I make pretty great ones!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:53 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

We got married in Gatlinburg as well.... and I planned it all from the UK, Alot of people were in awe at how it could be done but it was sooooooooo easy!

We picked a chapel that had a good package, and for flowers I emailed them a picture of what I wanted and they took care of it all for me. For my cake we took a big of a risk and just hit google for bakers in the area.... we really struck gold and our cake not only looked nice, simple and classy, but it was the best damn cake I've ever had in my life!

We didn't have a traditional reception, there was only 16 of us including the 6 kids so we went to a restaurant in Gatlinburg afterwards and had a big dinner. It was well known in the area for its steaks where the 'chef' comes around and you can pick your steak before its cooked. It was a bit odd wandering around the salad bar in my big ass dress, with people looking, but I didn't care!

Dress wise, I got mine in London. Just a good old Berketex dress. I ordered only 3 months before I needed it and they rushed it through for me when I told them the situation. I had my first fitting on the day I ordered, then they called me and I went down for the second fitting and they made the alterations and I picked it up the following day. Then I sent it DHL over to MIL's house, where it sat until our wedding day. She received it 10 days before we got there, which was about 20 days before the actual wedding. I also did the same with the kids tux's which were ordered from Next!

The only hiccup I had was with the woman that the chapel booked my hair and make up to be done with. I wasn't really that keen on how she did my hair, it was ok, but didn't really have a 'Wow' factor, and for some strange reason she thought bright pink lips with blue eyeshadow and eyeliner would work for me. I ended up grabbing the stuff off her and doing it myself in the middle of the salon!
Attached Thumbnails K1'ers - Weddings at a Distance?!-n592318294_440437_5551.jpg   K1'ers - Weddings at a Distance?!-n592318294_440473_5770.jpg   K1'ers - Weddings at a Distance?!-n592318294_440471_5215.jpg   K1'ers - Weddings at a Distance?!-n592318294_440452_8420.jpg  
Old Jan 28th 2010, 11:05 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
I wasn't really that keen on how she did my hair...
I specifically asked Sheila not to change her hair for the wedding. I wanted her to look like she always does - that's what was familiar to me. Indeed, I think a lot of men look at their brides and say, "Funny, I never knew her hair looked like that... she looks different. I prefer the way she usually looks." But hey... that's just me!

Ian
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I specifically asked Sheila not to change her hair for the wedding. I wanted her to look like she always does - that's what was familiar to me. Indeed, I think a lot of men look at their brides and say, "Funny, I never knew her hair looked like that... she looks different. I prefer the way she usually looks." But hey... that's just me!

Ian
Hehehehhe...I added hair extensions on our wedding day. Since I have extremely short (pixie-ish) length hair, there was nothing for a veil to attach easily to, so I added clip in extensions for the day. It was a bitch getting them out!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

imalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to allimalzrd is a name known to all

"I wanted her to look like she always does "

I"m on board with that! I have very long hair...but don't want tons of sticky hairspray and bobbypins that seem to BREED....lol
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:38 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I think she destroyed 50% of the Ozone layer with the amount of hairspray she put on mine!