Wikiposts

K1 visa Wedding

Old Jan 31st 2006, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Englishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud of
Default K1 visa Wedding

Hi.....am due to fly into the states the weekend to team up with my future bride...my visa has 2 months remaining etc...have now been informed that a MA marriage certificate is issued but put on hold for 60days (no blood work needed)...on this information is it still possible to marry even if ones visa has passed its experation date?.....this seems very strange that they issue it but you have to wait 60days before you can use it?...any advice appreciated..
Old Jan 31st 2006, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa Wedding

Originally Posted by Englishoak
Hi.....am due to fly into the states the weekend to team up with my future bride...my visa has 2 months remaining etc...
You have 6 months in which to enter the US and *once you are in the US* you have 90 days in which to get married. I don't see your problem!

Ian
Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.....am due to fly into the states the weekend to team up with my future bride...my visa has 2 months remaining etc...have now been informed that a MA marriage certificate is issued but put on hold for 60days (no blood work needed)...on this information is it still possible to marry even if ones visa has passed its experation date?.....this seems very strange that they issue it but you have to wait 60days before you can use it?...any advice appreciated..

This must be something new or you are reading it wrong. I have friends in Massachusetts and that "law" does not seem to be in their area of the state.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
This must be something new or you are reading it wrong. I have friends in Massachusetts and that "law" does not seem to be in their area of the state.

<snipped because Mexie says you have pre-marriage jitters> The marriage license cannot be used the first 3 days only from the fourth day onward. It must be used within 60 days of obtaining it.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriag...sachusetts.htm

Last edited by Rete; Jan 31st 2006 at 2:01 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:45 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

As I thought you don't read well. The marriage license cannot be used the first 3 days only from the fourth day onward. It must be used within 60 days of obtaining it.

http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriag...sachusetts.htm
Awww, c'mon Rete. Pre wedding jitters, it's gotta be
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:02 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by meauxna
Awww, c'mon Rete. Pre wedding jitters, it's gotta be

Okay Okay, I amended the statement. Damn English can't read American ;-)
Old Feb 1st 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Englishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud ofEnglishoak has much to be proud of

Oh....well i did think it abit strange that you would get issued it....then not be allowed to use the certificate for 60 days(future wifey in MA stated the 60day wait after talking with the townhall so i can only guess she was wrongly informed or mistaken)
Thanks for all your help...
Old Feb 1st 2006, 7:35 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

so i can only guess she was wrongly informed or mistaken)
Thanks for all your help...
Definately wongly informed, women, or more in particular
wives are never wrong/mistaken.

Alan runs for cover....