Reload this Page >

K1 Visa success in London!

Wikiposts

K1 Visa success in London!

Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Darth Homer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa success in London!

Just wanted to let people know about my experience. I got up at 5:30 this morning and caught the train to London. My first stop was the doctor's office for the medical. I got there around 7:30 and there was only one other person there, a chap applying for a spousal visa. As soon as it opened I went into the surprisingly cozy waiting room where I sorted out all my paperwork. Even though I was one of the first to hand my forms back I had to wait a fairly long time to be called to pay the fee. While I was waiting I used the infamous Hobbit toilet downstairs.
After paying I took my forms downstairs and waited until the nurse called me in to take my blood. After that I was led away with the other guys there for the rest of the examination. We were each told to go into a cubicle and strip to our underwear (but leave our shoes on) then put on a paper smock. I felt like a complete prat standing there. The first doctor gave me a chest x-ray, and then another doctor did all the other standard tests. He seemed happy with everything so I was allowed to get dressed while I waited for the x-ray result. They soon gave me my x-ray in a sealed tube and I was free to go.

I left the hospital and walked a short distance to the American embassy. I was relieved that I was allowed to join the short line. However, I had an out of date visa fee paying slip, so I had to ask the person at the security checkpoint for a new one and hurried to the nearest bank to pay the fee. Then I went back to the embassy and entered the building.
I found my way to the visa applicants room, which was massive. I took a ticket and sat down among the hundreds of other people. Luckily, there were only about five people ahead of me applying for immigrant visas, so I didn't have to wait too long. When my number was called I took all my forms to the booth and gave them to the guy behind the glass. Then I sat down again and waited for my name to be called for the final stage.
After waiting a little while I suddenly realised the guy had taken the wrong copy of one of my sponsorship forms. I panicked a bit, but I was able to hand over the correct form at another booth so it could be put with the rest of my forms. Then I had to wait for about another hour for my interview. It was definitely the most stressful part of the whole day.

Finally, I was called to a different booth. The guy interviewing me turned out to be pretty friendly. He took my fingerprints and got me to sign the forms I had mailed in earlier. Then he went through my sponsorship stuff. He said something like "So you're using the mom as a sponsor - that's always interesting. Well, you won't starve." Then he asked me a few questions about how I met my fiancee, when did I first visit her, how many times had I been over there and simple stuff like that.
After that he said "I have good news and good news. You're eligible for a visa and the doctor says you're healthy. That means you got the visa." That made me grin from ear to ear. Finally he said "Welcome to the United States," which was kinda funny. He never even asked for all the photos and plane tickets I'd brought as evidence of my relationship.

So now the last major obstacle is out of the way, until I get to America and adjust status of course! I'd like to thank everyone here for being so helpful. Reading the topics in this forum has really provided me with a wealth of information. I'd also like to say that if any of you are thinking of visiting your fiance(e)'s while your visa is being processed, go for it! I've heard a lot of scare stories about people being refused entry, but you can see from my timeline that I had no problem at POE on my last visit, not did it delay the issue of my visa. Just take evidence of your intent to return home after your visit, even though you probably won't be asked for it (I wasn't).
Best wishes for the future, everyone!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:47 am
Livin' in America

Bigted1963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Visa success in London!

Congratulations :-)

Mark
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darth Homer
Just wanted to let people know about my experience.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:12 am

Default K1 approval to Sydney consulate

Our approval was sent from NSC December 30, I know i need to be patient but
when should i expect to hear from Sydney, anyone else out there doing K1
through them?

juwellz ;-)
who was hoping to have left sunny Queensland for Florida by now

Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Rete would want you to post your experience on the tamya site found in the faq at the root

Congrats
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations !!!!!!!

Now be a good guy and post this result on the K-1 experience page. The link is after my signature.

Rete

And Thanks.

Originally Posted by Darth Homer
Just wanted to let people know about my experience. I got up at 5:30 this morning and caught the train to London. My first stop was the doctor's office for the medical. I got there around 7:30 and there was only one other person there, a chap applying for a spousal visa. As soon as it opened I went into the surprisingly cozy waiting room where I sorted out all my paperwork. Even though I was one of the first to hand my forms back I had to wait a fairly long time to be called to pay the fee. While I was waiting I used the infamous Hobbit toilet downstairs.
After paying I took my forms downstairs and waited until the nurse called me in to take my blood. After that I was led away with the other guys there for the rest of the examination. We were each told to go into a cubicle and strip to our underwear (but leave our shoes on) then put on a paper smock. I felt like a complete prat standing there. The first doctor gave me a chest x-ray, and then another doctor did all the other standard tests. He seemed happy with everything so I was allowed to get dressed while I waited for the x-ray result. They soon gave me my x-ray in a sealed tube and I was free to go.

I left the hospital and walked a short distance to the American embassy. I was relieved that I was allowed to join the short line. However, I had an out of date visa fee paying slip, so I had to ask the person at the security checkpoint for a new one and hurried to the nearest bank to pay the fee. Then I went back to the embassy and entered the building.
I found my way to the visa applicants room, which was massive. I took a ticket and sat down among the hundreds of other people. Luckily, there were only about five people ahead of me applying for immigrant visas, so I didn't have to wait too long. When my number was called I took all my forms to the booth and gave them to the guy behind the glass. Then I sat down again and waited for my name to be called for the final stage.
After waiting a little while I suddenly realised the guy had taken the wrong copy of one of my sponsorship forms. I panicked a bit, but I was able to hand over the correct form at another booth so it could be put with the rest of my forms. Then I had to wait for about another hour for my interview. It was definitely the most stressful part of the whole day.

Finally, I was called to a different booth. The guy interviewing me turned out to be pretty friendly. He took my fingerprints and got me to sign the forms I had mailed in earlier. Then he went through my sponsorship stuff. He said something like "So you're using the mom as a sponsor - that's always interesting. Well, you won't starve." Then he asked me a few questions about how I met my fiancee, when did I first visit her, how many times had I been over there and simple stuff like that.
After that he said "I have good news and good news. You're eligible for a visa and the doctor says you're healthy. That means you got the visa." That made me grin from ear to ear. Finally he said "Welcome to the United States," which was kinda funny. He never even asked for all the photos and plane tickets I'd brought as evidence of my relationship.

So now the last major obstacle is out of the way, until I get to America and adjust status of course! I'd like to thank everyone here for being so helpful. Reading the topics in this forum has really provided me with a wealth of information. I'd also like to say that if any of you are thinking of visiting your fiance(e)'s while your visa is being processed, go for it! I've heard a lot of scare stories about people being refused entry, but you can see from my timeline that I had no problem at POE on my last visit, not did it delay the issue of my visa. Just take evidence of your intent to return home after your visit, even though you probably won't be asked for it (I wasn't).
Best wishes for the future, everyone!