K1 visa questions

Old Jul 10th 2020, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

JD28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 visa questions

Hello Everyone,

I have been an admirer of this forum for a while!

My fiance and I are in the middle of filling out our Form I-129F for the initial petition of the K1 visa and had a couple of questions regarding evidence (i know you have probably heard these a thousand times so apologies for sounding like a broken record)

1. Form 94 - It asks if I have ever been to the US which I have 4 times this year alone, I came under the visa waiver program for 70ish days (extended as I was stuck during COVID). It asks for record numbers and authorised stay expired. What record number would it be?
2. Evidence - we have many pictures together (outings, with both sides of family, proposal) - would a picture of a sonogram be beneficial? (we are expecting early Jan next year) or wouldn't that be considered proof?
3. Circumstance of meeting - how much detail is considered enough? We met in a bar inthe US, we could go into detail of what drinks we ordered etc?
4. Proof of Citizenship - my fiance USC, has her birth certificate however would it help to include her US passport if it has less than the required 5 years?

I really appreciate any feedback, I have seen RFE with leaving things blank etc and considering we have a baby on the way time is of the essence I understand we can still submit the petition however nothing is being processed?

Many thanks
J&J
Old Jul 10th 2020, 4:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa questions

1. Maybe the I-94 numbers?
2. They want proof that you met in person. Sonogram does not prove that.
3. Not too much detail.
4. Either one is fine.

Rene
Old Jul 11th 2020, 4:18 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
1. Maybe the I-94 numbers?
3. Not too much detail.
4. Either one is fine.

Rene
I agree with these answers.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks you Rene & RICH for the clarification. One more question if I may, I couldnt find an answer online - once the petition is sent off and I changed job would I have to send off another petition to reflect that?

Cheers
J
Old Jul 13th 2020, 11:40 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

With an attached DNA test it sure would

One more question if I may, I couldnt find an answer online - once the petition is sent off and I changed job would I have to send off another petition to reflect that?
No
Old Jul 14th 2020, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Thank you Civil Servant - it may sound like a silly question but I didn't know how it is reflected on their end lol