K1 visa process

Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa process

Originally Posted by BenK91
.... As I've mentioned before, she currently works part-time due to being in college finishing her degree off. She earns around $16,000 a year not including tips and she has pay stubs to back this up. She currently lives at home.

The figure I've been able to find which I believe is correct is that she needs to earn $11,770 or over - is this correct?

Thank you in advance!
No, that is for a household size of one, she needs the figure for the household size of two, and then multiply that by 125%. .... So $19,913.

If she has a tax return that shows her income including tips, the grossed up number is allowed.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 2nd 2016 at 8:40 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah - thank you both.

Sadly her tax return doesn't show her total income including tips - otherwise I believe she'd just be on the cusp of the figure required.

Looks like we're back to her mum sponsoring me!
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 11:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Not immigration- related, but her tax return is supposed to show all her income. Both paycheck and cash tips.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 11:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... Sadly her tax return doesn't show her total income including tips - ....
Noorah is correct, and you should be careful who you tell that to!
Old Aug 12th 2016, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

So I checked the USCIS Portal this morning and our case has been accepted and we're now awaiting NOA2 in the mail!

(Although a lot of people seem to say on other forums they're not receiving NOA2's in the mail yet on the USCIS Portal they can see they've been approved?)

I know we still have a long long way to go but thank you to everyone so far for answering my questions no matter how dumb they may have been!

It's nice to see progress regardless of how small it is!
Old Aug 12th 2016, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

So I checked the USCIS Portal this morning and our case has been accepted and we're now awaiting NOA2 in the mail!

(Although a lot of people seem to say on other forums they're not receiving NOA2's in the mail yet on the USCIS Portal they can see they've been approved?)

I know we still have a long long way to go but thank you to everyone so far for answering my questions no matter how dumb they may have been!

It's nice to see progress regardless of how small it is!
Having your petition accepted is quite big progress
Old Aug 12th 2016, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Having your petition accepted is quite big progress
I'm trying to downplay it so I don't excited as I know we have a long way to go yet!

Are we now in the position of just waiting for the case to go to NVC and then on to the Embassy in London?
Old Aug 12th 2016, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to downplay it so I don't excited as I know we have a long way to go yet!

Are we now in the position of just waiting for the case to go to NVC and then on to the Embassy in London?
Yup, should be a short stop at NVC before being forwarded to the embassy.

The next you should hear is:
Old Aug 12th 2016, 4:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A case being accepted and being approved are two different things. If your case was just accepted, then as of now you are waiting for approval.

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2016, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Tom! Very useful to know.

Rene - This is the message I see on the USCIS Portal:

On August 11, 2016, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number WAC******. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Old Aug 12th 2016, 4:39 pm

Ah, ok, then it's been approved. So yes, the next step is that it will pass through NVC and then in to the embassy.

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2016, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Ah, ok, then it's been approved. So yes, the next step is that it will pass through NVC and then in to the embassy.

Rene
You had me worried then

Thank you both! Some more sitting on hands then for the next weeks/months.

I'm off to Colorado to see my fiancé at the end of the month so hopefully we have the NOA2 hard copy for me to bring back!
Old Aug 13th 2016, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

You had me worried then

Thank you both! Some more sitting on hands then for the next weeks/months.

I'm off to Colorado to see my fiancé at the end of the month so hopefully we have the NOA2 hard copy for me to bring back!
Have fun! Take evidence of ties to the UK as usual.

You won't need to bring back a copy of the NOA2 as long as your fiancé can find somewhere safe to leave it for now.

The next time you may need that document is AOS.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Have fun! Take evidence of ties to the UK as usual.

You won't need to bring back a copy of the NOA2 as long as your fiancé can find somewhere safe to leave it for now.

The next time you may need that document is AOS.
Thanks Tom, I've had my employer write a letter on company-headed paper basically saying they are away of my holiday to the US and it's approved vacation time etc and I'm due back in the office on xx date.

I may get my landlord to do a similar one too!
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:51 am

.... I may get my landlord to do a similar one too!
A copy of your lease would be equally effective, and easier to produce.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.