K1 visa process

Old May 28th 2016, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: K1 visa process

Originally Posted by BenK91
We've decided to use a law firm...
You should reconsider your decision.

Ian
Old May 28th 2016, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We're just filling the I-129F out...
To clarify... your USC fiancée is filling out the I-129F.

Or should I just leave this blank?
It's not your form... you don't fill in anything. Every question on the form is to be completed from your USC fiancée's point of view.

I'm not in the US...
In that case, the instructions on the form are crystal clear on what needs to be filled in.

I see that Pulaski has already given you my 3 rules for filling out forms... I suggest you follow them.

Ian
Old May 28th 2016, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we've decided against the lawyer, the flat rate fee they suggested could be spent better elsewhere for sure.

As in we're I mean she's doing it - my handwriting is too shoddy.

We've got all the forms together mostly with help of the Wiki. So once we're satisfied and quadrupled check it we'll be sending it off along with all the other suggestions made in this thread (photos, copy of her birth certificate etc, statement of intent to marry etc).
Old May 28th 2016, 10:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My only concern is that your "law firm", which already has a dubious name, will not get an immigration attorney, but rather a paralegal who is NOT an attorney.

If you feel that you need an attorney, please consult with AILA (American Immigration Lawyer Association) and chose an exactly attorney to handle your case.
Old May 28th 2016, 11:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We've got all the forms together mostly with help of the Wiki. So once we're satisfied and quadrupled check it we'll be sending it off along with all the other suggestions made in this thread (photos, copy of her birth certificate etc, statement of intent to marry etc).
I am going to suggest that you first follow all the instructions for the I-129F, found on www.uscis.gov. Get a packet together according to those official USCIS instructions.

Only then should you double check on here to see if you have everything that belongs in the package. Reason being is that our Wiki Guide could very well be incomplete or outdated. The instructions found on www.uscis.gov are always the most current and only official instructions.

We are happy here to help you go through the final checklist and make suggestions, but this site shouldn't be your ultimate source for information; that is all on www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old May 30th 2016, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your help, you've all been really informative!

My fiancé will be sending off the I-129/package tomorrow.

Maybe jumping the gun slightly - is there anything I can do in the meantime to be prepared for some steps later down the line? e.g. Vaccinations, Police checks or anything along those lines? Or shall we just wait to hear in a month or two once the I-129 has hopefully been accepted and moved along.
Old May 30th 2016, 9:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Eventually you will need a medical exam (so get vaccinations if you need them), and a police report (so look into what it takes to get it. ..but no hurry at the moment). Also the USC will eventually need to send you an I -134, so can start looking at that.

But no hurry, since you have several months of waiting for the I-129F approval.

Rene
Old May 30th 2016, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

It's worth getting your vaccinations done at your leisure. See https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2015/11/iv018a_medical.pdf for a table of what is required.

As for the police certificate, id wait until you receive the 2nd NOA so it's still valid.
Old May 31st 2016, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you both, I've managed to receive my vaccination history from my previous GP this morning and I'm fairly certain I'm missing 2 of the vaccinations required so I'll get this done so it's one less thing to worry about!
Old Jun 14th 2016, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi all,

Just a quick question (please don't read this as me being impatient!)

Our initial K1 package was sent via Fedex and was signed for on the 9th June.

We placed a G1145 in the package, is this a notification of acceptance of the initial application or notification of them actually receiving delivery of it? As my fiancé hasn't received anything yet.

Thanks!
Ben
Old Jun 14th 2016, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Just a quick question (please don't read this as me being impatient!)

Our initial K1 package was sent via Fedex and was signed for on the 9th June.

We placed a G1145 in the package, is this a notification of acceptance of the initial application or notification of them actually receiving delivery of it? As my fiancé hasn't received anything yet.

Thanks!
Ben
The US petitioner should receive the first Notice of Action (Form I-797) in the mail in the not too distant future.

If a G-1145 was included then there is a chance the petitioner will receive SMS and email updates. I say a chance, because USCIS don't always stick to it
Old Jun 14th 2016, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

We placed a G1145 in the package, is this a notification of acceptance of the initial application or notification of them actually receiving delivery of it?
This is for notification that the application has been accepted for processing. It's not unusual for there to be a 2-3 week delay between submission and acceptance. If she wrote a check, your fiancé can also check her bank account... because once the check clears the bank they've accepted it - whether or not you receive any notification.

Ian
Old Jun 15th 2016, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Ian and Tom.

In typical fashion... about two hours after posting my question she received a text message stating the application has been accepted for processing!

Last edited by BenK91; Jun 15th 2016 at 9:54 am.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Ian and Tom.

In typical fashion... about two hours after posting my question she received a text message stating the application has been accepted for processing!
Awesome! Now she should have the receipt number and the service center processing the petition.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do will allow you to track the case.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
Awesome! Now she should have the receipt number and the service center processing the petition.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do will allow you to track the case.
Thanks Tom, I didn't about that so useful to know!

It looks like they've processed our cheque too so hopefully it all goes smoothly. Looks like my fiancé is just waiting for the notification in the mail - is there anything we need to do with that when it arrives or is it just a paper-based receipt of what we've already received via SMS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.