Reload this Page >

K1 Visa Petition Question Stuck help me plz

Wikiposts

K1 Visa Petition Question Stuck help me plz

Old May 23rd 2002, 8:20 am
Matt

Default K1 Visa Petition Question Stuck help me plz

Ok here it goes in a short story

About to start the paper work for our Petition for the K1 Visa. My Finance lives in
Mich,USA and im currrently living in the UK My finacne is just got out of school so
she hasnt any money to support for herself yet and so i believe we require a
Co-sponsor, we have found one her cousin who lives in Seattle, we both want to move
down there but where do i file the papers to?? As we WILL be living there soon. Does
she have to move to seattle first and then we apply or what? The co-sponsor is happy
to let us stay in her house bed and board and give me a monthly alowence to support
myself until i find a job. Should we stay in Mich and file from Mich, can we do
that?? Any view would be help ful

Thanks Matt

Old May 23rd 2002, 10:20 am
Ben

Default Re: K1 Visa Petition Question Stuck help me plz

Hi.....here's a link to the INS site showing which service centre (center
     ) covers which state...

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fi...ces/alphaa.htm

It looks like Michigan and Washington State are both covered by the Nebraska centre
So it's the same in both cases.......my Finacee moved from D.C down to Richmond after
submitting the I-129 petition, she sent a letter when she moved with all the details
saying that she has changed address and they updated it no problem.

"Matt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Ok here it goes in a short story
    >
    > About to start the paper work for our Petition for the K1 Visa. My Finance lives in
    > Mich,USA and im currrently living in the UK My finacne is just got out of school so
    > she hasnt any money to support for herself yet and so i believe we require a
    > Co-sponsor, we have found one her cousin who lives in Seattle, we both want to move
    > down there but where do i file the papers to?? As we WILL be living there soon.
    > Does she have to move to seattle first and then we apply or what? The co-sponsor is
    > happy to let us stay in her house bed and board and give me a monthly alowence to
    > support myself until i find a job. Should we stay in Mich and file from Mich, can
    > we do that?? Any view would be help ful
    >
    > Thanks Matt

Old May 23rd 2002, 8:20 pm
Shelley

You don't have to live with your co-sponsor. And the I-129F petition is sent to the
Service Center, not the local INS office. For all the other K-1 filing details see
the K-1 FAQ http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm Take Care. Shelley

"Matt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Ok here it goes in a short story
    >
    > About to start the paper work for our Petition for the K1 Visa. My Finance lives in
    > Mich,USA and im currrently living in the UK My finacne is just got out of school so
    > she hasnt any money to support for herself yet and so i believe we require a
    > Co-sponsor, we have found one her cousin who lives in Seattle, we both want to move
    > down there but where do i file the papers to?? As we WILL be living there soon.
    > Does she have to move to seattle first and then we apply or what? The co-sponsor is
    > happy to let us stay in her house bed and board and give me a monthly alowence to
    > support myself until i find a job. Should we stay in Mich and file from Mich, can
    > we do that?? Any view would be help ful
    >
    > Thanks Matt

Old May 24th 2002, 2:20 am
Louise

Just a little heads-up on Michigan vs. Seattle - one HUGE advantage to Michigan is
they offer same-day walk-in adjustment of status for K1 (only) - you can get married
and go the next day & get the 551 stamp in your passport- no need for advanced parole
or EAD - i.e. no need to PAY for AP & EAD - something to keep in mind.

Of course there is no guarantee they will continue this with the peocedural changes
they are making, but for the moment, it's good to live in Michigan! And nothing to
stop you from moving to Seattle the next day.

Louise

"Shelley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > You don't have to live with your co-sponsor. And the I-129F petition is sent to the
    > Service Center, not the local INS office. For all the other K-1 filing details see
    > the K-1 FAQ http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm Take Care. Shelley
    >
    > "Matt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ok here it goes in a short story
    > >
    > > About to start the paper work for our Petition for the K1 Visa. My Finance lives
    > > in Mich,USA and im currrently living in the UK My finacne is just got out of
    > > school so she hasnt any money to support for herself yet and so i believe we
    > > require a Co-sponsor, we have found one her cousin who lives in Seattle, we both
    > > want to move down there but where do i file the papers to?? As we WILL be living
    > > there soon. Does she have to move to seattle first and then we apply or what? The
    > > co-sponsor is happy to let us stay in her house bed and board and give me a
    > > monthly alowence to support myself until i find a job. Should we stay in Mich and
    > > file from Mich, can we do that?? Any view would be help ful
    > >
    > > Thanks Matt