Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Visa NOA2 received after 2 months!

K1 Visa NOA2 received after 2 months!

Old Jul 27th 2019, 4:26 am
Just Joined

pyaasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa NOA2 received after 2 months!

Hi all.
My fiancé and I applied for a K1 visa on 24th April and have already had it approved. It’s currently being forwarded to the NVC now.We were not expecting this whatsoever, having read everywhere to expect waiting times of 5-8 months!We are currently living and working together in China and our plan was to stay here until the end of the year in order to save the most money we can before we each go home so I can visit the embassy in London etc.My question is, how long do we have until I have to attend the interview and have a medical? Can we stay in China for 6 more months or will we have to return sooner?Any info will be much appreciatedThanks!!

Last edited by pyaasss; Jul 27th 2019 at 4:35 am.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 10:28 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa NOA2 received after 2 months!

An application will not be closed until no action has been taken for 1 year.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

LakeTahoe18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pyaass, I'd check the NOA2 letter when you get it. Ours mentioned that it's valid for 4 months. We're on the same boat as you, we didn't expect the approval until much later and now we're having to change our plans.

@civilservant, not sure what you mean with your response, could you elaborate, thanks!
Old Jul 27th 2019, 9:24 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

So you are a Brit and she is a yank and you are In China? Can you get the interview at the us embassy in China instead of London? Seems simpler

Old Jul 27th 2019, 9:31 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't want any more action taken on your case yet because it's ahead of your schedule, you can do nothing for up to 12 months. After 12 months the case will be closed.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 12:35 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
If you don't want any more action taken on your case yet because it's ahead of your schedule, you can do nothing for up to 12 months. After 12 months the case will be closed.
I believe that is only for when it actually gets to the US Embassy in London and not valid for the actual approval of the I-129F. That approval does state it is only valid for 4 months and that means that you have to have started the K-1 process at the US Consulate/Embassy abroad. Once it gets there, you can contact them and tell them that you need to delay further action on the K-1 visa until [blank] month. But I don't believe you can just not say anything to them and let it go for 12 months with them hearing from you.