Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Visa my gift from father Christmas...APPROVED!

Wikiposts

K1 Visa my gift from father Christmas...APPROVED!

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all
Default K1 Visa my gift from father Christmas...APPROVED!

First of all thank you so much for all your help in providing me all the info i needed...thanks.... thank you

DEC 22 i went to london around 5pm, due to severe delays and cancellation of Southernrailways...even if i leave around Gatwick only. I dont wanna take the risk the next day...I just cant miss my Big day....so i stayed in a cheap hotel for a night.

DEC 23 appointment is at 8:30AM. I woke up at 3 AM and i just cant sleep anymore. At 7 AM i started walking and roaming at Oxford street...reason...my tummy rumble..and grumble...good Mcdonalds was open.

7:30AM Gould's Pharmacy opened and I deposited my fone charger and keys...at the entrance they checked my passport and appointment letter. At the security they'll scan your things. Greetings cards with music/batteries appeared in the Xray and i needed to take them out. But they'll let you bring it inside.

At the reception, (doors are pretty heavy btw!) they'll give you a number...waiting time starts...personal experience ...sitting at the waiting area just kept me nervous...i cant stop my legs from moving and my bottom from changing position...
My number was I 855...I stand for Immigrant....they'll keep on calling ticket numbers starting with N ..which stands for Non immigrant...Some starts with E...i dont know what it stands for...
I was called at window number 1...an asean looking chinese lady who keeps throwing paper clips and ballpens at her desk..but shes not mad..maybe just her hubby...she was kind...ask for my appointment letter/passport/ticket number/birth cert/police clearance and ask if ive been married before. Ask for the Evidence of SUpport / Tax returns...i asked how many does she needs? she told me just 1/2008...she even photocopied it for me and gave me a extra copy...she doesnt like the summary and gave it back to me too. gave me a yellow form and told me to pay at the cashier. I went to the cashier and paid the application fee... rate for today is 1.60..i paid £82. Brought back the slip to window 8. She gave me a pink slip/courier form with a number, told me to wait for my number I855 to be called for my interview.

After a long waiting (so sleepy and nervous already..i feel like floating) my number was called at window 16....an old guy was smiling at the window.
The guy verified my finger print, asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth. Questions: (while he was smiling at me)
1. When was the first time you met your fiance?
2. How did you met?
3. How long we've been together?
4. Whats the worst thing you dont like about your fiance?
....this one i answered with humour...and i made him laughed
(in my mind i know his kind)
then he started talking about the courier service,asked me if i got my Xray film with me which btw I got from the lady at window 1.
I was kinda lost cause he was talking next on how long before i get my passport and that i have to bring my xray,that i should only get my passport from the envelope and i shouldn't open the sealed envelope with it.
Then he stopped and just smiled and stared at me!
"Im done?..." "yes go and pay for the courier".....then i greeted him Merry Christmas.

Courier doesnt accept cash as they've told here several times...paid it and told me to expect it 3 to 5 working days.

OMG! i was relieved and delighted...grateful...and was so happy even though tired and sleepy...i went back to get my things at the pharmacy and called my fiance...

I had a hard time going home cause of the distruption on trains service....cancellation and delays...but it just cant take away the happy mood i'm into.

I know this is just another start of a new chapter..i'll be back for another application some time...I know i need this site so much.

To all... again.... thank you so much and a Merry Christmas to all of us...

jeimz
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kentucky - Green Card came 2 months after marrying! :D
ajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa my gift from father Christmas...APPROVED!

Originally Posted by jeimz7

First of all thank you so much for all your help in providing me all the info i needed...thanks.... thank you

DEC 22 i went to london around 5pm, due to severe delays and cancellation of Southernrailways...even if i leave around Gatwick only. I dont wanna take the risk the next day...I just cant miss my Big day....so i stayed in a cheap hotel for a night.

DEC 23 appointment is at 8:30AM. I woke up at 3 AM and i just cant sleep anymore. At 7 AM i started walking and roaming at Oxford street...reason...my tummy rumble..and grumble...good Mcdonalds was open.

7:30AM Gould's Pharmacy opened and I deposited my fone charger and keys...at the entrance they checked my passport and appointment letter. At the security they'll scan your things. Greetings cards with music/batteries appeared in the Xray and i needed to take them out. But they'll let you bring it inside.

At the reception, (doors are pretty heavy btw!) they'll give you a number...waiting time starts...personal experience ...sitting at the waiting area just kept me nervous...i cant stop my legs from moving and my bottom from changing position...
My number was I 855...I stand for Immigrant....they'll keep on calling ticket numbers starting with N ..which stands for Non immigrant...Some starts with E...i dont know what it stands for...
I was called at window number 1...an asean looking chinese lady who keeps throwing paper clips and ballpens at her desk..but shes not mad..maybe just her hubby...she was kind...ask for my appointment letter/passport/ticket number/birth cert/police clearance and ask if ive been married before. Ask for the Evidence of SUpport / Tax returns...i asked how many does she needs? she told me just 1/2008...she even photocopied it for me and gave me a extra copy...she doesnt like the summary and gave it back to me too. gave me a yellow form and told me to pay at the cashier. I went to the cashier and paid the application fee... rate for today is 1.60..i paid £82. Brought back the slip to window 8. She gave me a pink slip/courier form with a number, told me to wait for my number I855 to be called for my interview.

After a long waiting (so sleepy and nervous already..i feel like floating) my number was called at window 16....an old guy was smiling at the window.
The guy verified my finger print, asked me to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth. Questions: (while he was smiling at me)
1. When was the first time you met your fiance?
2. How did you met?
3. How long we've been together?
4. Whats the worst thing you dont like about your fiance?
....this one i answered with humour...and i made him laughed
(in my mind i know his kind)
then he started talking about the courier service,asked me if i got my Xray film with me which btw I got from the lady at window 1.
I was kinda lost cause he was talking next on how long before i get my passport and that i have to bring my xray,that i should only get my passport from the envelope and i shouldn't open the sealed envelope with it.
Then he stopped and just smiled and stared at me!
"Im done?..." "yes go and pay for the courier".....then i greeted him Merry Christmas.

Courier doesnt accept cash as they've told here several times...paid it and told me to expect it 3 to 5 working days.

OMG! i was relieved and delighted...grateful...and was so happy even though tired and sleepy...i went back to get my things at the pharmacy and called my fiance...

I had a hard time going home cause of the distruption on trains service....cancellation and delays...but it just cant take away the happy mood i'm into.

I know this is just another start of a new chapter..i'll be back for another application some time...I know i need this site so much.

To all... again.... thank you so much and a Merry Christmas to all of us...

jeimz
Many Congratulations!!!

I got my K-1 Visa approved 2nd May 2009... I was in USA by 10th May and I got married (by justice of peace) on 12th May 2009!

What an amazing Xmas gift! It's a GREAT feeling! Of course do not open the packet saying 'Do Not Open' I almost made that mistake! Another note, when looking into flights you are probably going to want to book a return flight, one-ways are EXPENSIVE! I was worried about what would happen if the airline suspected I wasn't going to use the return portion (they can refuse to fly you if they want) ...but anyway they didn't question it and I cancelled the return when I got to USA. Also they keep the ticket open and you can return up to 1 year later + $ for admin fee... anyways...

Also when you get married apply for AOS asap. I was VERY pleased because I got my Green Card 2 months later!

Good Luck with Your Journey and Merry Christmas
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:46 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

congrats....

ps what is the thing about the otehr half that you don't like?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:46 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
congrats....

ps what is the thing about the otehr half that you don't like?

...ok...since the old man was in a joyful mood....first thing that came into my mind...Eating Habits...i told him my fiance wants to try everything that he always gets a tummy trouble and after eating he needs to go to the toilet....naughty me i know....i was thinking atleast even if its a worst thing (which i can tolerate anyway and not really so worst! lol !) ...i was able to answer the question

but...to all those who are about to go to an interview...be serious if the consul is...it just happen the one who interviewed me was jolly

ajcmals:
thanks for the tips about the AOS and tix for the trip..
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your visa!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I stand for Immigrant... N which stands for Non immigrant...Some starts with E...i dont know what it stands for...
E = employment!

OMG! i was relieved and delighted...grateful...and was so happy even though tired and sleepy...
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:18 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Not very pleasant having to travel to the Embassy during transport disruptions, very wise to have gone the day before.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh congratulations, I only hope I get smilely happy lady and man too - only sixteen days until mine
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations! what a lovely christmas present

the thing about the return trip is a good idea, its what i did, a one-way trip was almost double a return ticket. I also booked my return date as far away from when i was leaving as i could i think it eneded up being a year ahead, if they cancel the flight maybe i'll get my money back!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

Happy Christmas!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Congratulations on getting your K1, when do you plan to go to the US?
Old Dec 25th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Thank you guys ...no tix yet...but planning to move by first week of feb.

still searching on how to send all my things the cheapest way but trackable or guaranteed ahead...any advice is great...im just sending one box...and not really in a hurry for this things....
Old Dec 25th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

still searching on how to send all my things the cheapest way but trackable or guaranteed ahead...any advice is great...im just sending one box...and not really in a hurry for this things....
Find out how many suitcases you can take on your airline. I filled up my suitcase with a bunch of possesions and got vaccum bag things for all my clothes in the other one.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kentucky - Green Card came 2 months after marrying! :D
ajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond reputeajcmals has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!

I looked into sending some personal possesions to USA too when I moved (I didn't have many though!). I suppose the question is do you NEED to take all of it? My airline allowed two pieces of checked luggage (2 suit cases) and a carry on. Also was allowed 2 pieces of hand luggage. So in total I took a carry-on, a rucksack and then a carrier bag of duty-free stuff.

I also had skis (one of the things to transport) but I just had my parents bring those in when they came for the wedding. Unfortunately I might have to get rid of the skis now as my wife and I are finding it tough financially...

Also clothes... they are fairly cheap here. Do you / did you live with your parents? Do you have parents or friends that would keep some of your 'old clothes'? Perhaps it would be a good idea to leave non-essential clothes at home, also handy for when you visit home? I got about 10 pairs of shoes at home in England that I didn't bring out here!

Also I managed to put weight on since I been here! I was about 12stone when I came out, now i'm about 14stone! OUCH! So I don't fit most of my old clothes anyway!!! In fact there is also a program here whereby if you donate old clothes to 'goodwill' you can claim it on your taxes at the end of the financial year, which means you could get a rebate on your earnings.

I am excited for your move to USA! Personally I have found it VERY challenging and if I could go back there would be alot i'd do differently.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Happy New Year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.