Wikiposts

K1 Visa mistake

Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:51 am
Irene Ireny

Default K1 Visa mistake

My boyfriend just sent the k1 visa form out and I discovered I made a
mistake. I just want to know if this will slow things down.

On my letter of intent to marry, I put in a wrong address which is
Toronto Consulate. However, I should have put Montreal Consulate
address. The whole package went to USCIS in Texas, but its just the
fiancee letter, the visa journey website said I should put my country
US consulate address, so I automatically thought of Toronto Consulate.
Now, I just know that K1 visa only processes in Vancouver and
MOntreal....
I hope I don't screw my case up.

Thanks for your replies

Old Nov 26th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa mistake

Originally Posted by Irene Ireny

MOntreal....

Thanks for your replies
You have asked this question like five times. The same answer still stands
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

MOntreal....

Thanks for your replies
Go back and read what an immigration attorney with 30 years' experience wrote to you.

The visajourney website has suggestions; you do not have to address that letter to anyone at all (and the visajourney suggestion may be wrong).
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

MOntreal....

Thanks for your replies
Hi:

Please read my prior postings. The application is out the door. It will either be approved or you will get a "request for evidence" -- which is like "shooting ducks in a barrel."

You had earlier posted that the letter of intention to marry was addressed to the Consulate in Toronto. Not only did I tell you not to worry about, but I ANTICIPATED that you made the "mistake" noted above. I then told you not to worry and WHY I was making that statement.

When CIS approves the petition, they send it to the "National Visa Center" of the Department of State in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and it is THEY who will send it to the correct place -- Montreal. You could have designatged Ouagadougou and NVC would see your address in Canada and send it to Montreal. [If you really wanted to have Ouagadougou process the visa, then you would have had problems].

As we say in our office, the application is "out the door" and then you wait until the next step.

Rather than agonizing over what is ALREADY done, it would be useful to begin preparation for the NEXT step in the process.

"The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon
Old Nov 26th 2005, 3:20 pm
Irene Ireny

Thank you Paul.... I am sorry, because I didn't find the message I
posted and I thought there was some error so I sent the same message
again..... Thank you again!!! I read all the info you gave me

Old Nov 27th 2005, 1:15 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Paul.... I am sorry, because I didn't find the message I
posted and I thought there was some error so I sent the same message
again..... Thank you again!!! I read all the info you gave me

Actually folks, we are all guilty of not reading properly. She did not indicate that she wants to interview in Toronto but addressed the letter of intent to Toronto. The address on the letter of intent is meaningless. It is the designated city for the US Consulate that is pertinent. BTW NVC has been known to direct people to Vancouver even if they live in Nova Scotia. Their grasp of geography is the same as it is for most Americans, poor.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:56 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
BTW NVC has been known to direct people to Vancouver even if they live in Nova Scotia. Their grasp of geography is the same as it is for most Americans, poor.
Hi Rita,
This is not really “news” per se, but rather just an interesting tid-bit of information.

I’ve got a K-1 case where the beneficiary will process through the U.S. Consulate in Vancouver. As I do with all of my K-1 cases, as soon as I receive the approval notice I take steps to try to get the Consulate to open a provisional file and dispatch packet 3 (in Canada, they actually refer to it by another name, but that’s off point for this reply) to try to get the case moving along as quickly as possible. Anything I can do to shave off time in my client’s cases is time well spent (IMO).

Today the phone rings and it’s a recording asking if I’m willing to accept a “collect” call from the U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver. I accept the charge, and I’m connected.

She was calling me in reply to my communications with them about the provisional file matter. After discussing that issue, she mentioned that their office had not yet received the K-1 submission from the NVC. She did know of my client’s I-129f petition approval date, and mentioned that she just processed boxes of cases that arrived from the NVC today, and those cases all had the same approval notice dates on them. The approval notice dates on those cases were only 3 days earlier in time than the approval notice on my client’s case, so she felt that my client’s case would be at their office in their next shipment from the NVC.

Again, not earth shattering news, but I thought it was interesting and I always love it when a CIS officer or Consul goes out of their way to give me a call about one of my client’s important cases.

Edit: Oh, it might be helpful for some if I post the notice dates the officer reported to me about the cases she received today. Those cases had notice dates of 11/14/05.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Dec 14th 2005 at 11:08 am.