Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Visa Interview Today

Wikiposts

K1 Visa Interview Today

Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:29 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 Visa Interview Today

So i am waiting for my fiance to come home, how soon do they charge your credit card for the visa if it has been approved? The reason I am asking is because we had 400 quid in the account we set aside for the trip to london and the visa and now its down to 250 quid...i figured petrol to london, congestion fee....and visa? or am i jumping the gun?

Fiance's interview was at 930 this morning its now 330 pm there and I am patiently awaiting his long 5 hr trip home so he can ring me.:curse::curse:

ps the bank hasnt actually posted the removal of the funs, but there is a hold, doesnt say who took the money but i cant believe the fiance spent 150 quid just to get to london.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:34 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa Interview Today

You can't judge by that. He will have paid the fee before the interview.

I can imagine your household when you are finally married.

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
So i am waiting for my fiance to come home, how soon do they charge your credit card for the visa if it has been approved? The reason I am asking is because we had 400 quid in the account we set aside for the trip to london and the visa and now its down to 250 quid...i figured petrol to london, congestion fee....and visa? or am i jumping the gun?

Fiance's interview was at 930 this morning its now 330 pm there and I am patiently awaiting his long 5 hr trip home so he can ring me.:curse::curse:

ps the bank hasnt actually posted the removal of the funs, but there is a hold, doesnt say who took the money but i cant believe the fiance spent 150 quid just to get to london.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:42 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I can imagine your household when you are finally married.

whats that supposed to mean?

was just asking, its hard being 3000 miles away and not knowing for the next few hrs whats going on...
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

whats that supposed to mean?

was just asking, its hard being 3000 miles away and not knowing for the next few hrs whats going on...
Rete was just teasing you a little, about your comment "I can't believe he spent this much on...."

It's OK, it will all be fine, try not to stress right now. As Rete said, the visa fee is paid for up front, so that's not any indication of approval anyway.

Let us know when you hear something!

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:14 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

ap,

The fee is not for an approved visa, it is for processing the visa application and so is paid whether the application is approved or denied.

Regards, JEff

how soon do they charge your credit card for the visa if it has been approved?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:20 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
ap,

The fee is not for an approved visa, it is for processing the visa application and so is paid whether the application is approved or denied.

Regards, JEff

LOL ok, this was what i was looking for

Rete, sorry I didnt catch on, nerves, baby, etc etc tends to dull my humor sensor

And yeah, Im the money controller in the family, if it were up to him, ever pence would be spent.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

If it's a 5 hour journey by train to London each way then you better believe it could cost £150.

Sorry to hear the not so great news on the other thread btw.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:40 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by MandyNi
If it's a 5 hour journey by train to London each way then you better believe it could cost £150.

Sorry to hear the not so great news on the other thread btw.
it doesnt matter, theyve asked us to do the impossible...and we simply cant do it.

we cant live our lives like this him traveling back and forth all the time, what kind of life is that for his son?

This is ridiculous, the whole thing.