Wikiposts

K1 Visa interview question

Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:35 am
Just Joined

djsimsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa interview question

Hello everyone.

dumb question for you all...

I'm seeing alot of people giving there personal experiences at the American embassy in London however when it comes to them talking about the end of the process and paying the fee's but they never say how much.. does this vary I ask because I want to save as MUCH as possible before the interview as I've got months before I even get to that point but I'm a major forward planner.

I would also like to know how long do you get between the medical and the interview date as I will have to catch the train ( gulp... I hate trains they scare me ) but will do it to get to my loved one.

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I've been unsuccessful in finding them

Many thanks in advance

Lee
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa interview question

This is the courier company used by the Embassy, somewhere in there it gives you prices, mine was about £20 but I paid for delivery before 8am, I THINK the basic cost is about £14. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...v/courier.html

The length between your interview and medical is up to you, you book the medical yourself. But it cant be booked until you get an LND number this is generated when you get to the NVC stage of the process.

Tracey.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The K-1 visa fee used to be $131, but I think it just went up to $144+/-.

You schedule your own medical, but if you schedule it for the same day as your interview, be aware that the embassy will not be able to approve your visa that day, because your medical results won't be in yet. If possible, schedule your medical at least 4 days in advance of your interview date.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by djsimsuk
Hello everyone.

dumb question for you all...

I'm seeing alot of people giving there personal experiences at the American embassy in London however when it comes to them talking about the end of the process and paying the fee's but they never say how much.. does this vary I ask because I want to save as MUCH as possible before the interview as I've got months before I even get to that point but I'm a major forward planner.

I would also like to know how long do you get between the medical and the interview date as I will have to catch the train ( gulp... I hate trains they scare me ) but will do it to get to my loved one.

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I've been unsuccessful in finding them

Many thanks in advance

Lee
I had my interview on Friday. I paid £87 per visa on Friday. The visa fee is $131 but the Sterling equivalent varies depending on the exchange rate. You can pay the visa fee by card (I can't remember which ones) or in cash (either dollars or sterling).

The courier fee for delivery of your passport and the ominous brown envelope starts at £14 for delivery between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. You can opt for delivery before 12 (which I did) and that cost me £22. The fee for the courier can only be paid by credit or debit card and not with cash.

You can book your medical once you have your LND case number. I had my medical three weeks before my interview. Some people have more time between their medical and interview some people have less. You may see posts on here where people have had their medical and interview on the same day but as Rene has already said, you should leave at least 4 working days between your medical and interview.

I hope that helps a bit.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:06 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

You schedule your own medical, but if you schedule it for the same day as your interview,................................
Rene can you still do that. I thought they had changed the requirement so the medical had to have been done before the interview or they canceled the interview, and they didn't count same day in that. I stand to be corrected.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Rene can you still do that. I thought they had changed the requirement so the medical had to have been done before the interview or they canceled the interview, and they didn't count same day in that. I stand to be corrected.
Yes, the medical must be done before your interview. But you could do the medical in the morning, if your interview is in the afternoon...I guess....?

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, the medical must be done before your interview. But you could do the medical in the morning, if your interview is in the afternoon...I guess....?

Rene
This is the post I've been looking for - re 5 days between the medical and interview.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...medical+5+days
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
This is the post I've been looking for - re 5 days between the medical and interview.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...medical+5+days
OK, thanks. I stand corrected.

Rene
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

OK, thanks. I stand corrected.

Rene
Not really, both points are still correct.

From that blog entry:

You should allow approximately 5 workdays between the medical examination and visa interview. Provided you have attended the examination, we will conduct the visa interview, even if we have not received the results of the medical examination. In such cases, action your application will be suspended until the results are received.

My emphasis added.