British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   K1 visa interview experience - Frankfurt (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/k1-visa-interview-experience-frankfurt-191778/)

Endymion Nov 18th 2003 3:24 pm

K1 visa interview experience - Frankfurt

Dear all-

first of all, here is another thank you hug to everyone out there - thank you tons for all the encouragement, the good vibes and the shoulders to lean on, cry on and bite into...

I am back from Frankfurt, the interview was a *very* pleasant experience, everyone I encountered was absolutely professional and friendly.... Well worth all the wait, smile...

Medical:

After a sleepless night (had to stay in a Youth Hostel in FRN) I made it to the doctor right in time for my appointment at 7.30. No queues (okay, okay- no *lines* (sigh)...) in front of the building but a warm welcome for the first customer :). Finished in less than an hour and rushed to the consulate...

Window 21:

After some little confusion I make it right through the security check - first instructions at window 21. Hand in my forms (DS 156 etc) and take a seat.

Window 17:

The woman behind the window speaks German, verifies the information I put on my forms, has a good laugh about me putting my social security number in the "National Identification Number" field and asks for the rest of my carefully prepared documents (medical receipt, affidavit, birth certificate, police certificate). She gives me an outline of AOS and SSN process and sends me back to the waiting area.

Window 14:

Interview- my officer makes the mistake of asking the obligatory "How are you doing?". "Geee- I can tell you I am sooooo nervous..." Rest is very easy. After flipping through our Vermont petition he asks me to raise my right hand ("no, the other one!"), makes me swear to tell nothing but the truth, asks about how long I have known my fiancé, how we met... What's his email address? Yours? What does he do for a living? Any previous marriages? Did you meet his parents? Where do they live? Are they still together? Where was he born? What was the longest time you spent in the US? When are you planning to get married? Some fun banter about Indian Summer and my world famous place of birth (Remagen). In the end he states that he does not see any problem regarding my visa application. Feeling the urge to hug him, I understand why they put their officers behind glass... He says it might take a week or so to get things ready- 3 weeks maximum... "Call this number in case you have not heard from us till then..." "Thank you very much, Mr. Leighton. Have a nice day". One last smile. Finished before 10.30 am.

GOOD JOB! :D

(to be posted on Kamya.com) :D

Steffi Nov 18th 2003 4:27 pm

Re: K1 visa interview experience - Frankfurt

Congrats on a good interview!! :D

Originally posted by Endymion
She gives me an outline of AOS and SSN process and sends me back to the waiting area.
Wish the London embassy would have done that too...

cutenurse300 Nov 18th 2003 4:50 pm

Congrats to you Rebecca..i m very happy for you!!!Let s have a party next month in the US

Kisses and hugs and stay in touch!!!

Endymion Nov 18th 2003 4:53 pm

Originally posted by cutenurse300
Congrats to you Rebecca..i m very happy for you!!!Let s have a party next month in the US

Kisses and hugs and stay in touch!!!
LOL- you don't think it's so easy to get rid of me, do you??? Waiting for your good news- and most of all- for our December meeting ;).

xxx

R.

cutenurse300 Nov 18th 2003 4:59 pm

BTW you can pm me again..it works again!!!

Hypertweeky Nov 18th 2003 5:10 pm

Hey there Rebecca!!

I am glad to hear your interview went well:):)
About the party.. I am gonna miss it:( but hey you guys have fun ok?:).
Let us know when you get your visa in hand:)
It is time to celebrate :PARTY: :PARTY: :beer: :beer:!!.
PS:I hope you sleep good tonight;)

sibsie Nov 18th 2003 6:30 pm

Well done from another soon to be New Englander. :)

dutchman2001nl Nov 18th 2003 7:27 pm

Congratulations on the interview..... !
:) :)

Karen D Nov 18th 2003 8:45 pm

Congrats again Rebecca. When are you going to be flying out here? Will you make it for Christmas?

How exciting!!!

:)