Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 visa interview document

Wikiposts

K1 visa interview document

Old Aug 28th 2015, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 visa interview document

Hi all, i have my K1 visa interview in a few weeks and i'm trying to get organised and ensure i have all my documents and make sure that I'm not missing anything. If people could have a quick look and let me know that would be a great help!

- Passport (UKC)

- 2 x passport style photos (2x2) (UKC)

- Interview appointment letter and photocopy (UKC)

- MRV fee receipt ( also included home delivery receipt) and copy (UKC)

- MRV Instruction page and copy (UKC)

- Certified copy of birth certificate (includes parents name) and photocopy (UKC)

- 2 x Police certificates (UKC)

- DS-160 and photocopy (UKC)

- I-797, Notice of action informing that the I-129F petition has been approved and copy of this (USC)

- Approved I-129F and photocopy (UKC)

- I-134 and photocopy (USC)

- Letter from bank stating date account opened, deposits made and balance and also a copy of this. (USC)

- IRS Transcripts from 2014 and 2013 and photocopies of these, also going to include a written email stating why there was no need to file 2012 tax return (USC)

- Printed Online Paystubs (only available online) from the past 2 months and photocopies. (USC)

- Online Bank statement from the past 2 months and photocopy (USC)

- Employment Letter stating starting date, permanent position, and full time and also job role and the hourly rate of $13 and of 40 hours a week also a copy of this ( i have included 2 letters from employment due to a recent promotion which changed annual salary of $20,800 to $27,040 for if they question any discrepancies from paystubs which notes the change of pay) (USC)

- Original birth certificate and photocopy (USC)

- Evidence of relationship and continued relationship such as a several photographs together ( dates on the back and brief description of event), photocopies of birthday cards sent over the year, photocopies of airline tickets both from myself (UKC) and also from my partner (USC), chat logs, message logs, print screens of length of skype calls, facebook messages with the amount of messages highlighted.

Hope this isn't too long of a post, and fingers crossed i have everything i could need and that I'm not missing anything!
Old Aug 28th 2015, 1:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa interview document

All looks good, but you don't need to bring all those chat, FB, Skype logs. Your other evidence of relationship is enough.

Rene
Old Aug 28th 2015, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay thanks Rene! I'll try and slim it down a little with the evidence
Old Aug 29th 2015, 1:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraLou07
Okay thanks Rene! I'll try and slim it down a little with the evidence
I agree with Rene. You are required to prove only that you met face-to-face, at least once, during the previous 2 years. Anything that doesn't show that (FB, chat, Skype logs, cards, etc) don't help you at all. The airline tickets and photos together, however, do!

Ian
Old Aug 29th 2015, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Okay, i will take those things out, is everything else okay?