K1 Visa Interview Date

Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa Interview Date

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
Sorry what does notarized mean?? I don't think that it has to be signed or anything. I imagion its all okay because my fiance has a lawyer. But my fiance is terrible at all of this stuff now I'm stressed.
Naaaa, don't worry. As long as he is showing the right amount of income, you'll be fine. I think it's OK to go ahead and fill in any blanks he left on the I-134 for your information.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:05 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all

Oh joy, I just found out that he quit the jobon the affidavit of support in order to go to collage. I'm pretty sure they'll check that out and it will prevent me getting the Visa?

Can't believe this.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't know he was going to quit his job?

What's the rest of the story? You both knew about the I-134?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh joy, I just found out that he quit the jobon the affidavit of support in order to go to collage. I'm pretty sure they'll check that out and it will prevent me getting the Visa?

Can't believe this.
The I-134 affidavit of support needs to be current on the day you go for your interview. If he is no longer working, he needs to make a new I-134 to send you, showing his income as zero, and you'll most likely need a joint sponsor whose income qualifies.

Or, he can use assets...but if he's a college student he probably doesn't have enough in assets.

Let us know what happens...
Rene
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:13 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all

Okay thanks I'll get on it. And I have to do it all before 10th April. Argh!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:19 am

Let us know if you need any help or have questions....make sure he knows how urgent this is! He has to fill out a new I-134, find a joint sponsor if necessary, and send you new originals of his and the joint sponsor's paperwork before your interview date!

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:51 am

I just double checked, and yes, the I-134 needs to be notarized. You can read it here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

When your fiance is done filling in the form, but before signing it, he should take it to a Notary Public (if he's a USC, he should know what this is). Most likely place would be his bank, but notaries can also be found at title companies, or even just looking in the yellow pages or online under "notary public services". He should wait until he's in the presence of the notary, then sign the form when she tells him to, so she can watch him sign it. She (the notary) will look at his ID, make him sign a book, and then she will stamp the I-134 with her own notary stamp. THIS is the original he should send you, after everything is all signed and notarized. He should definitely keep a copy for himself so he knows what he sent you.

Same process goes for the joint sponsor, the I-134 must be notarized for that person as well.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:20 am
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Good luck with everything.

Also, thanks - completely unintentional on your part but you did just help me out with this thread. I have my Affidavit of Support from my fiance' here, but she may be changing jobs soon. It hadn't crossed my mind that she would need to do a new form. I'll add it to the mental list of things to keep track of.

Again, good luck!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:21 am
Rosie

Thanks so much for all this info - it would have been a terrible suprise on Thursday if I hadn't have asked these questions and got such good answers!

Everything is done now - the info supplied on the AOS has to be correct atthe time of the interview and must be signed - luckily Johnny has got a new job, done all the paperwork right and now I'm waiting for it to be delivered (hopefully by 6pm today, which is Monday as I need to be in London for 9am Thursday!). I just hope everything goes okay now!

It's madness, all this waiting and the most we've done has been in the last few days. Hahahah!