K1 Visa Interview Date

Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:16 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all
Default K1 Visa Interview Date

I had my medical on the 7th March (this month) and sent off my final checklist on 11th. Around a week ago I called the consulate, the just gave me the e-mail address - I e-mailed them but got no response.

Its been over two weeks now and I'm desperate to find out when my Interview date is - is there any way I can do this?

Whatis the estimated time frame for me to expect

1. - to be informed of my Interview date via post, and

2. - my Interview date?!

Thanks so much - this is deffinately the part that seems the longest!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:36 am
Rosie

goteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to allgoteamrosie is a name known to all
Default Re: K1 Visa Interview Date

Right - I've managed to speak to someone - here is hoe for anyone who is experiancing the same business ...

Tel - 09042450100
Option - 2

Be warned - it costs £1.20 a minute - but they were very quick and there's no holding or silly business.

I was told I have been fully processed but am waiting for an interview spot to open up. They say I have 3-4 weeks until I recieve a letter (allthough because I am waiting for a date to come available they cannot be certain), and from then maybe another 3 weeks until the actual interview date. Baring in mind that I have allready been waiting for over 2 weeks - does this sound like a good estimate? They say it's hard to tell but to 'expect' the give dates - does this mean it may be faster? I jolly well hope so!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goteamrosie
Right - I've managed to speak to someone - here is hoe for anyone who is experiancing the same business ...

Tel - 09042450100
Option - 2

Be warned - it costs £1.20 a minute - but they were very quick and there's no holding or silly business.

I was told I have been fully processed but am waiting for an interview spot to open up. They say I have 3-4 weeks until I recieve a letter (allthough because I am waiting for a date to come available they cannot be certain), and from then maybe another 3 weeks until the actual interview date. Baring in mind that I have allready been waiting for over 2 weeks - does this sound like a good estimate? They say it's hard to tell but to 'expect' the give dates - does this mean it may be faster? I jolly well hope so!
I would say 8 to 10 weeks sounds about normal, yes.

Rene
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Before I read your followups, my answer was going to be:

About one month from you returning your letter to getting a reply with an interview date.
About one month from appointment letter to interview actual date.

So yes, it sounds about right.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:32 am
Rosie

Yey thanks. Two weeks down allready so not too long really ... plus I get a summer wedding! Yey!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, for Seattle, that will be a boon!

Do you know it snowed at the beach here yesterday? (well, just down the road from you.. it was cold up there too)
I don't know what Mother Nature is up to this Spring. Torturing me, I suppose.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:15 am
Rosie

Wow I just got my letter, interview on the 10th - that's next Thursday. Woot woot! Now I'm nervous though I haven't been employed for ages and they'll think I'm a bum :'(
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I just got my letter, interview on the 10th - that's next Thursday. Woot woot! Now I'm nervous though I haven't been employed for ages and they'll think I'm a bum :'(
Fortunately, your employment history and income don't matter at all. It's only the USC who has to prove a certain level of income. You could actually BE a bum, and they would still give you the visa. lol You'll be fine.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:28 am
Rosie

So the interview is just to make sure you are who you say you are?!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:05 am

That, and for the Officer to go over your forms, make sure everything is filled out correctly, to make sure your relationship with the USC is legitimate, and overall make sure you qualify for the K-1 benefit.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:05 am

Just thought I'd make sure and ask...do you have an I-134 affidavit of support from your USC fiance?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:18 am
Rosie

Yeah I do. The only thing is becuase he is lazy he only filled out his side of stuff - if I put my name DOB ect in, will it look dodgy?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You could actually BE a bum, and they would still give you the visa.
This is true. I am here as living proof. :nods:
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:34 am

Yeah I do. The only thing is becuase he is lazy he only filled out his side of stuff - if I put my name DOB ect in, will it look dodgy?
Hmmm...the form is from his side, but if he left any information about you blank, I'm not sure. Is the form notarized? He was supposed to have it all filled out before getting it notarized, I think. That might be one of the forms that doesn't need to be notarized, though. I guess it would be OK to fill out your information if he left it blank...or just wait until you get to the interview and fill it out in front of the officer. I'm not sure on this one, to be honest.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:47 am
Rosie

Sorry what does notarized mean?? I don't think that it has to be signed or anything. I imagion its all okay because my fiance has a lawyer. But my fiance is terrible at all of this stuff now I'm stressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.