Wikiposts

k1 visa interview

Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:02 am
Just Joined

smith_meister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k1 visa interview

Hey, I have my visa interview in london on 14th july. I'm just abit unsure if I need photocopies of the original NOA, or the actual original's? I have everything else birth cert, police cert, etc etc. Also any suggestions of people experiences on the day would be greatful. I 'm stressing out abit!

Kind regards
Gareth
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k1 visa interview

Originally Posted by smith_meister
I'm just abit unsure if I need photocopies of the original NOA, or the actual original's?
If it will help you sleep better at night, go ahead and make photocopies... and then take all of them with you!

Ian
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:05 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi , My fiancee took the originals plus photocopies. They didn't ask for the NOA but he did take it with him. They asked for his Birth Certificate and Police Report and they kept the photocopies so I would definately bring copies of them. They do have the right to keep the originls if you don't.They also asked for the I134 and evidence of support. They kept the I134. I have learned on this forum to make copies of everything! His interview was last month. It went very smooth. You never know what they will ask for. It's up to the individul Con Off. His interview was relatively pain free. The waiting around was the hard part. He was at the embassy 3 1/2 hrs! Most people seem to have a pretty smooth time in London. Good luck!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:07 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

There is a thread on here about recent K1 visa interviews 2007/2008.It might help you to read about some other recent experiences and se that they were relatively pain free!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for all the information, very much appreciated. I have everything from the checklist the embassy sent, also loads of photos of us together, the reciept of my fiancee's engagement ring, photocopy of her birth cert, passport. Do I need anything else or does that sound all ok.

regards
Gareth
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:40 am

Hi Gareth , We also brought copies of phone bills , emails and e tickets.Just make sure that you have copies of your own birth certificate and police report . They probably won't ask for your fiancees birth certificate but my fiancee brought mine just in case. They didn't even ask for any photos, letters or anything but you never know. I was abit dissapointed actually since I put so much work into organising it all!Make sure you have the 2x2 photos for the forms. Some peole have mentioned that they brought the English size instead of American and they were accepted but why take a chance? Gould pharmacy which is right near the Embassy takes 4 photos for 7.50.A lot of people use snappy snaps but I heard they are more expensive. I understand about how stressed you are! I am still stressed about teh AOS but hopefully it will go as smooth as the interview! Apparently London is one of the more Lax embassys. best of Luck again.Please let us know how your interview goes and if you have any more questions! I have learned alot on here!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for your help, Yes I will let you know how it goes. I hope things go well for you too. I have one more question because my fiancee doesnt earn that much money, her brother has also filed the form I-29f for support, so I have one off my fiancee as wholly dependent and one of her brother as partially dependent do you think this will be a problem?

regards Gareth
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:30 am
Just Joined

I mean the I134;
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:48 am

Her brother must meet the poverty level to joint sponsor. You didn't mention how much he earns but you can't combine the two incomes together to reach $17,500. He must make that individually. There is no such thing as a sponsor being partially dependent. He would need to fill out a I134 and have it notarised. You'll need a letter of employment from him, proof that he is a US citizen such as a photo copy of his passport and copies of some paystubs from his current job. Basically the same as your fiancee would have done.My job is mainly commission based so my mom joint sponsered. You can also self sponsor . The US embassy/London allows that and the website has more info on that subject.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Yeah I forgot to mention that he does earn over that amount and he has filled out I134 which has been notarised, plus pay stubs and tax return in my possesion aswell as my fiancee's I134. I hope this will be ok?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:33 am

You should be fine with what you have. Hopefully you will get a nice Con Off. From what I have read on here most peoples London interviews have gone really smoothly! Including ours!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Thankyou once again, I will be in touch to let you know how it goes.

Kind regards
Gareth
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Her brother must meet the poverty level to joint sponsor. You didn't mention how much he earns but you can't combine the two incomes together to reach $17,500. He must make that individually. There is no such thing as a sponsor being partially dependent. He would need to fill out a I134 and have it notarised. You'll need a letter of employment from him, proof that he is a US citizen such as a photo copy of his passport and copies of some paystubs from his current job. Basically the same as your fiancee would have done.My job is mainly commission based so my mom joint sponsered. You can also self sponsor . The US embassy/London allows that and the website has more info on that subject.
$17,500 is not necessarily correct. You do not know if the brother has children etc.

He must meet the 125% poverty level for himself, the proposed immigrant AND any other dependants he might have to be a sponsor.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:11 pm

Tracy is right. If he has dependents the poverty level amount will change
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:44 am
Just Joined

My future brother in law has no dependents, Its just himself. So I should be fine. fingers crossed!
Thankyou again
Gareth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.