Wikiposts

K1 visa fee

Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

mikaela_jan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile K1 visa fee

I am new to this site, and I really find this site very helpful..

I am scheduled for a k1 visa interview this coming 24th of April. I am just quite confused on how to pay for the visa fee. The letter (for interview schedule) they sent me, mentioned about the link (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...sa/iv_019.pdf0 to refer to. It says there,“All fiancé visa applicants and their children who will be immigrating with them to the United
States, are required to pay a non-refundable visa application fee of $350 per person, regardless
of age, at the Embassy on the day of the interview. Visa fees may be paid in cash, with a
certificated money order, or by debit or credit card (American Express, Diners Club,
Discover, Mastercard or Visa only)”
but i read some other blogs, they paid over the phone. Please do help, I really don't know what to do. Any infos are very much appreciated.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa fee

Originally Posted by mikaela_jan
but i read some other blogs, they paid over the phone. Please do help, I really don't know what to do.
You will pay when you go for the interview. Those who pay by phone are likely not doing a K-1 visa in London.

Ian
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

I am new to this site, and I really find this site very helpful..

I am scheduled for a k1 visa interview this coming 24th of April. I am just quite confused on how to pay for the visa fee.
See London's instructions here http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...s/iv_fees.html

Pay note of the paragraph that says:
K Visa Applicants pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Service prior to attending the visa interview. Instructions concerning payment will be sent to you with the appointment letter.

That's where people are getting the info that London prefers K1 visa payments in advance. It speeds up the interview day. You are emailed a receipt to show the visa fee has been paid. Present the receipt to the document collection person on interview day.

Do not ring up until after April 13 when the fee will be $240 instead of $350.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 3:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Many aspects of the visa application process can be consulate specific, methods of paying the fee in particular. Be careful when you read things to be sure that they apply to the consulate you are using.

Regards, JEff

i read some other blogs, they paid over the phone. Please do help, I really don't know what to do. Any infos are very much appreciated.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: K1 visa fee

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You will pay when you go for the interview. Those who pay by phone are likely not doing a K-1 visa in London.

Ian
Thanks for the info. I read some people paid over the phone, others during the interview. But I might do it during the interview, quite expensive to call over the phone. Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Moxie
See London's instructions here http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...s/iv_fees.html

Pay note of the paragraph that says:
K Visa Applicants pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Service prior to attending the visa interview. Instructions concerning payment will be sent to you with the appointment letter.

That's where people are getting the info that London prefers K1 visa payments in advance. It speeds up the interview day. You are emailed a receipt to show the visa fee has been paid. Present the receipt to the document collection person on interview day.

Do not ring up until after April 13 when the fee will be $240 instead of $350.

Thanks for the advice. Yup, the appointment letter they sent mentioned about paying the fee either by cash or debit/credit cards during the interview. I read some thread or blogs, people paid over the phone, and some during the interview. I might probably pay during the interview, quite expensive to call.

thanks again for the info.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Many aspects of the visa application process can be consulate specific, methods of paying the fee in particular. Be careful when you read things to be sure that they apply to the consulate you are using.

Regards, JEff
Absolutely true!! I have some friends who applied for K1 visa as well, but in the Philippines. Its quite different here in London.