Wikiposts

K1 visa expires?

Old May 14th 2008, 1:34 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa expires?

Originally Posted by Tracym
Hi

Keith was from a few places, born in Methin I beileve, lately a little town not too far from Dundee.

We did not need the letter notarised - the only thing I got notarised was the affadavit of support. Never hurts I suppose, but it wasn't required for us.
Hi Tracy My fiancee was born in Dundee! He then lived in Arbroth and moved to Carnoustie when he was 16.They are both near Dundee. I'm sure Keith would know it if he is from the area! I am probably being a bit paranoid bout bringing everything but the kitchen sink! It really helps to hear from people who have beenthrough this!!
Old May 14th 2008, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Hi Tracy My fiancee was born in Dundee! He then lived in Arbroth and moved to Carnoustie when he was 16.They are both near Dundee. I'm sure Keith would know it if he is from the area! I am probably being a bit paranoid bout bringing everything but the kitchen sink! It really helps to hear from people who have beenthrough this!!
I know we were paranoid - I'm sure it's perfectly natural under the circumstances.

Hmmm... actually, I think we're still paranoid
Old May 14th 2008, 1:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Our letters that we sent in for our I129 never mentioned that we would get married in 90 days. Do we need a letter stating that?
The letters of intent my fiance and I wrote, did not include the "marry within 90 day" blurb, and they were accepted. We briefly mentioned how we met, how we continued our relationship, and that we intend to get married in the USA, so my family can attend the wedding. I also mentioned that we intend to reside permanently in the USA. Neither of us mentioned 90 days.

Rene
Old May 15th 2008, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

kstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to allkstoss9 is a name known to all

Wht is the letter of intent? Is that the letters that we each wrote stating how we met? We had mailed those in when we filed for the I129. My fiancees interview is June4th nd the petition is good untilJuly18th. We never got the other letters notarised. Do we have to write new letters or get the old ones notarised? By the wy where do you get something notarised in the UK? Can you go to a bank like in the US?My fiancee is in Scotland and has no idea
I mailed off my letter yesterday, and I got it notarized, only because I figured how would the Embassy know if my Fiance wrote it for me, you know? I don't think my fiance (who is in England now) will need to have his notarized since he is presenting his. I only sent in new ones because I know that my fiance's interview will be past the 4 month date of my approval letter.

Thanks again everyone for all you help on this matter.

~Kate
Old May 16th 2008, 6:50 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

There's probably no one rule. We had an attorney, and he recommended we include that. I'm sure you can state that is your intent if they question it. We didn't include the statement Mr. F recommends, although (of course) it would be a good thing for some to include. But ours worked fine without it.

The "offical" stuff we said (after the how did we meet, and mushy stuff) was:

"I intend to marry Keith ***** within 90 days of his lawful entry to the United States of America with a fiancé visa.

As evidence of our relationship I have attached documentation including copies of photographs, emails, and telephone bills."

I would not worry if you didn't include such a statement - if they want it, they'll ask for it
Hi Tracy It mentions in the Us Embassy London website to include plans made for the applicants reception and support. Did you include that? My attorney told me and my mom to put no where it mentioned if we had specific intentions such as room and board or money since it is a k1 visa. Anyone who can help it would be appreciated
Old May 16th 2008, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracy It mentions in the Us Embassy London website to include plans made for the applicants reception and support. Did you include that? My attorney told me and my mom to put no where it mentioned if we had specific intentions such as room and board or money since it is a k1 visa. Anyone who can help it would be appreciated
Actually, no I didn't say anything like that in the letter of intent. I did however fill out the affadavit of support. I think it's sort of assumed with a K-1 as you fill out the initial affadavit of support, and then must also fill out the binding one when you apply for adjustment of status.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:05 pm

Actually, no I didn't say anything like that in the letter of intent. I did however fill out the affadavit of support. I think it's sort of assumed with a K-1 as you fill out the initial affadavit of support, and then must also fill out the binding one when you apply for adjustment of status.
Thanks I did fill out the affidavit and my mom is a co sponsor. My attorney had ha said as I mentioned to put no as specific intentions of support since it is a k1.
Old May 17th 2008, 1:07 am
Just Joined

himmelstoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kate, Is there not a date on your notice? Ours stated it was good from March 18th until July 18th which is 4 months or 120 days not 90. You can also email the embassy if you have any questions.
It expires 6/29/08, he still has not gotten his interview scheduled. We are waiting for them to respond. He mailed off his packet 3 on May 9th I believe, so I figure its going to take a few weeks. I just have a feeling his interview will be set some July or something like that. Who knows, we have not hit a snag yet so maybe the forces are with us and we will get it all done before the 29th!

One can only hope!

Thanks for all the help!

~Kate
Old May 25th 2008, 5:37 am

Anyone gone on an interview in London in the past few weeks?