Wikiposts

K1 visa expires?

Old May 14th 2008, 9:47 am
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of
Default Re: K1 visa expires?

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Wht is the letter of intent? Is that the letters that we each wrote stating how we met? We had mailed those in when we filed for the I129. My fiancees interview is June4th nd the petition is good untilJuly18th. We never got the other letters notarised. Do we have to write new letters or get the old ones notarised? By the wy where do you get something notarised in the UK? Can you go to a bank like in the US?My fiancee is in Scotland and has no idea
Hi

Your fiancee can use the Consular Office in Edinburgh to get documents notarised. They operate a walk-in service Tue and Thu 9am to 12noon for this. It costs $30 for the first seal and $20 each for any additional ones. If she has any questions get her to check in Edinburgh Consular Website.

Lyn
Old May 14th 2008, 9:49 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, those are the letters of intent. To my knowledge, they don't normally need to be notarized, we didn't notarize ours and they worked out fine (not London, though).

To my knowledge, the only place you can get an immigration document notarized in the UK is at the US Embassy.

Rene
Thanks
Old May 14th 2008, 9:50 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LynannC
Hi

Your fiancee can use the Consular Office in Edinburgh to get documents notarised. They operate a walk-in service Tue and Thu 9am to 12noon for this. It costs $30 for the first seal and $20 each for any additional ones. If she has any questions get her to check in Edinburgh Consular Website.

Lyn
Thanks he is in Carnoustie which is a bit far away . I will let him know!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks he is in Carnoustie which is a bit far away . I will let him know!
What is it he needs to get notarized? Nothing about your situation indicated the need to notarize anything. The interview date is before the NOA expiration. No need to re-do any documents and get anything notarized.

Rene
Old May 14th 2008, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by English Muffin
If your petition hasn't expired by the time of your interview you won't need them.
Thanks again. we are just going to bring copies of waht we sent in I guess. They were written in December. Our interview is June 4.
Old May 14th 2008, 10:34 am

What is it he needs to get notarized? Nothing about your situation indicated the need to notarize anything. The interview date is before the NOA expiration. No need to re-do any documents and get anything notarized.

Rene
My attorney said that besidesme sponsering him and my mom co sponsoring because my base salary is mot enough and part of my income is commision he should fill out an I 134 and sonsor himself as well
Old May 14th 2008, 10:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My attorney said that besidesme sponsering him and my mom co sponsoring because my base salary is mot enough and part of my income is commision he should fill out an I 134 and sonsor himself as well
Your attorney thinks he should self-sponsor AND use a joint sponsor (your mom)? Wow. Well, better too much than too little, I guess. I believe he can get the I-134 notarized at the embassy when he goes for his interview.

Rene
Old May 14th 2008, 11:07 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arcmorality
I had my interview 2 weeks ago in London. Our case went past four months from NOA2 to interview. Not a problem. My mistake was I took a letter of intent that was not notarized. Embassy would not accept this, Which meant my case was suspended until I was able to submit the notarized letter. Which I have done now, just waiting visa from courrier.

So if you don't get a interview date before June 5th, make sure you take a notarized letter of intent, or else your case will be delayed.

Goodluck,

Nicky
Hi:

I have never heard of the letters having to be notarized. In lieu of notarization, one can use what I call "magic language" -- "I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct." This has to appear at the end of the document but before the signature which needs to be dated.
Old May 14th 2008, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, those are the letters of intent. To my knowledge, they don't normally need to be notarized, we didn't notarize ours and they worked out fine (not London, though).

To my knowledge, the only place you can get an immigration document notarized in the UK is at the US Embassy.

Rene
I believe the only thing I got notarized was the sponsorship form.

Our letters just said how we met, minor mushy stuff, and how we intended to marry within 90 days of his legal entry to the U.S. with a fiance visa.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I have never heard of the letters having to be notarized. In lieu of notarization, one can use what I call "magic language" -- "I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct." This has to appear at the end of the document but before the signature which needs to be dated.
Hi Our letters that we sent in for our I129 never mentioned that we would get married in 90 days. Do we need a letter stating that?
Old May 14th 2008, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Our letters that we sent in for our I129 never mentioned that we would get married in 90 days. Do we need a letter stating that?
There's probably no one rule. We had an attorney, and he recommended we include that. I'm sure you can state that is your intent if they question it. We didn't include the statement Mr. F recommends, although (of course) it would be a good thing for some to include. But ours worked fine without it.

The "offical" stuff we said (after the how did we meet, and mushy stuff) was:

"I intend to marry Keith ***** within 90 days of his lawful entry to the United States of America with a fiancé visa.

As evidence of our relationship I have attached documentation including copies of photographs, emails, and telephone bills."

I would not worry if you didn't include such a statement - if they want it, they'll ask for it
Old May 14th 2008, 12:38 pm

Your attorney thinks he should self-sponsor AND use a joint sponsor (your mom)? Wow. Well, better too much than too little, I guess. I believe he can get the I-134 notarized at the embassy when he goes for his interview.

Rene
Thanks Rene, I honestly feell ike I've learned alot more in this forum than from my attorney. She has been practicing for over 15 years specializing in immigration nd told me that she has dealt with lots of people marrying people from the UK. Meanwhile she didn't know that we needed to use an I 134 and originally had us do a I84 and I84A. She said it would be ok to have the medical right before the interview and the embassy needs the medical report a few days before hand. She also said Gary could call up to make his Visa appointment which is obviously wrong.She teaches courses on immigrtation and has written several books so I don't understand why she is not more knowledgeable. It's very frustrating. She first said I didn't need a co sponsor because my assets are enough and then said I did.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tracym
There's probably no one rule. We had an attorney, and he recommended we include that. I'm sure you can state that is your intent if they question it. We didn't include the statement Mr. F recommends, although (of course) it would be a good thing for some to include. But ours worked fine without it.

The "offical" stuff we said (after the how did we meet, and mushy stuff) was:

"I intend to marry Keith ***** within 90 days of his lawful entry to the United States of America with a fiancé visa.

As evidence of our relationship I have attached documentation including copies of photographs, emails, and telephone bills."

I would not worry if you didn't include such a statement - if they want it, they'll ask for it
Thanks Tracy, I think I'll write up a letter like that and get it notarised! Where is your Scot from?
Old May 14th 2008, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Tracy, I think I'll write up a letter like that and get it notarised! Where is your Scot from?
Hi

Keith was from a few places, born in Methin I beileve, lately a little town not too far from Dundee.

We did not need the letter notarised - the only thing I got notarised was the affadavit of support. Never hurts I suppose, but it wasn't required for us.
Old May 14th 2008, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kstoss9
We are in the middle of the K1 application. I got the approval notice on March 7th 2008, My fiance who lives in England got his packet on March 14th. He has been working on it since then and he just mailed off his check list packet on May 9th, 2008. I have counted 90 days from the approval notice and that means it expires on June 5th, 2008. He still has not gotten his interview scheduled, we are waiting for them to tell him when to come. From reading other posts I can assume that his interview will be scheduled for the end of June or early July, but that is after the 90 day mark of the approval notice. I was told that the entire application would expire 90 days from the approval notice, so now I am in a panic.

Does anyone know where I can get the papers to file an extension? It took a long time for the two police clearances to come through, as well as his birth certificate. I was yelled at by other people saying "you should have been working on that before he got his check list" but this is the first time I have ever done this and neither one of us knew what to expect so we waited for the check list and did it then, and its taken very long.

So I guess I have to file an extension but I don't know where to begin. There are no forms on the USCIS site or information.

If anyone knows of anything please let me know. I dont want to spend the money to start this process all over again.

Thanks!

~Kate
Hi Kate, Is there not a date on your notice? Ours stated it was good from March 18th until July 18th which is 4 months or 120 days not 90. You can also email the embassy if you have any questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.