Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 - Visa costs - for info

Wikiposts

K1 - Visa costs - for info

Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 - Visa costs - for info

A number of people have asked about this recently so I thought I'd detail what mine were for guidance - oh and I'll switch from $ to £ a bit because obviously the final £ price will depend on current exchange rates - anyway here we go! This was two journeys from Belfast 1 for medical and 1 for interview. Obviously we still have the AOS to go which I reckon with be around another £700 or so.

I129f filing fee $455
K1 Visa fee $141
Courier cost £14

Medical £190
Vaccinations £ 20
Police Certificate £ 30
Birth Certificate £ 10
Photos £ 17
Passport (fast track) £ 130

Train journeys £ 70
Taxis £ 30
Flights £170

Miscellaneous £346 (I've recorded this but can't for the life of me remember what it entailed - sorry!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 - Visa costs - for info

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Obviously we still have the AOS to go which I reckon with be around another £700 or so.
Easier just to say the AOS will be $1,010 (since they'll pay it inside the USA anyway), plus any medical expenses from the US civil surgeon to get the vaccination transcription done, plus misc photocopies, travel expenses, etc.

Rene
Old Mar 8th 2010, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

someone asked me this the other day and i said about £2,000......it is a rather expensive process but at least you can have a proper wedding rather than having to rush on the vwp.....shame it costs so much to do things legally though.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MandyNi
A number of people have asked about this recently so I thought I'd detail what mine were for guidance - oh and I'll switch from $ to £ a bit because obviously the final £ price will depend on current exchange rates - anyway here we go! This was two journeys from Belfast 1 for medical and 1 for interview. Obviously we still have the AOS to go which I reckon with be around another £700 or so.

I129f filing fee $455
K1 Visa fee $141
Courier cost £14

Medical £190
Vaccinations £ 20
Police Certificate £ 30
Birth Certificate £ 10
Photos £ 17
Passport (fast track) £ 130

Train journeys £ 70
Taxis £ 30
Flights £170

Miscellaneous £346 (I've recorded this but can't for the life of me remember what it entailed - sorry!
Well done Mandy. I just wanted to add that Vaccinations can be as little as £0 or as much as £200. My son and I both needed between 5 and 7 jabs. Luckily we got them at our GP surgery but they can be quite pricey if your GP refuses to give them to you on the NHS (for free) or at all.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, my vaccinations were actually free, but I had to pay to attend our surgery travel clinic! I had the MMR, and TDaP, so three lots of injections so not expensive!