Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 VISA APPROVED yesterday, my interview.

K1 VISA APPROVED yesterday, my interview.

Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Alex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really nice
Default K1 VISA APPROVED yesterday, my interview.

SO the day finally came. I took my fiance with me and my two elder kids. There was a large queue by 8.30 when we arrived there, unless of course you are David Walliams a british actor who was allowed to skip past us all! When we finally got in we were given a ticket with an "I" number and by the time we found a seat I was called already to the first window booth which kind of took me by surprise and gave a me a bit of a nervous flap! I handed in 4 times everyone's paperwork which really took a while. The lady seemed stern at first but after 5 minutes I had her laughing like crazy, she even said "oh dear I really shouldn't be talking to you like this!" and laughed some more. I didnt have my fiance letter of intent because it had been sent in with the original petition but she over ruled the problem as my fiance was present (which was a huge relief). She did not take any of my passport sized photos and seemed to scan the photos attached to the DS-156 forms that she had in our giant file. She didnt ask me for the I-134 either, or the notarised letter of consent from the kids father ( I just gave it to her at the end!!). We then sat down and waited for two hours before we were called again to a very smiley chap at the second booth, where I had to pledge holding up my right hand, but of course I was so nervous it was shaking to the extent I seemed to be waving back at him!. The first question he asked was "what on earth do you feed your kids" ( they are 6ft5 & 6ft1 ) . That helped break the ice, he asked my son what he planned to do in America (of course I hadnt briefed him so my stomach knotted at what he might reply being 17) ! He replies " I'm going to have one big life adventure"
He then asked my fiance what on earth took us so long to decide to get married, haha, we met 2005. In actual fact he replied he wanted to marry me but with children on both sides, education, and his job with travelling made us wait to make sure we were doing the right thing having both been married before. ANd then BOOM he just suddenly says "Congratulations guys really well done I'm approving you". So still no-one has asked for my fiance's financial support details. So I actually offered them to him after we were approved. He quite funnily asked if Noel Gallagher had personally signed my fiance's earning to date letter, and said he'd better just file a copy anyway. I gave him the I-134 forms because I told him I'd rather know there was something on file! He was really cool about it all. I'm so glad its all done and just am looking forward to the passports arriving here, I'm told 9-12 working days.
Thank you for everyones help so far this forum is amazing at preparing you and just making you feel like there plenty of us in the same boat!
Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 VISA APPROVED yesterday, my interview.

Yay, congratulations!!

Rene
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

What a relief! Congratulations!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Colette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really nice

Congratulations.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

GrappleGoddess is an unknown quantity at this point

That's really great! Thanks for the breakdown, I hope mine is as straightforward!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

masih86 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!!

My letter for my interview arrived yesterday and is scheduled for 28/03/12.

Im a little nervous but more excited to have actually got toward the end of this first part of our journey!!

I will update everyone on how it goes....
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Alex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really nice

Originally Posted by masih86
Congratulations!!

My letter for my interview arrived yesterday and is scheduled for 28/03/12.

Im a little nervous but more excited to have actually got toward the end of this first part of our journey!!

I will update everyone on how it goes....
Brilliant! Its so great to get pass the first stage! My house goes on the market today..its all so very real now!
Good Luck to you!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

mikaela_jan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!

I am scheduled for interview this 24th of April. I am praying that everything will run so smooth. I am really nervous, but I entrust everything to God. His will be done.

I have a question; How did you pay the visa fee?
thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

masih86 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikaela_jan
Congratulations!!!

I am scheduled for interview this 24th of April. I am praying that everything will run so smooth. I am really nervous, but I entrust everything to God. His will be done.

I paid the fee when I got there....I also forgot my photos so had to pay £5 to get them done there aswell...

My interview was fine apart from the interviewer (an American chap) cracking a joke with a complete straight face about me subliminally trying to influence his decision by wearing a t-shirt with a us flag design on it without even realising! as the nerves were already going i didnt really appreciate this! (and who knew americans had a sense of humour?? LOL)

He said he was happy with the answers provided and had no doubt our relationship was genuine, he didnt even want to see the photos or emails ect that i had taken as evidence but gave me a 221g for my affiditiv of support form being a copy and not the original with the signature of my fiancee on it, luckily I had this at home and arranged for the courier to collect the original and my passport the following day.

I would definately take the advice on bringing a book with you as there was a LOT of waiting around....

So now its just a waiting game for my passport to be returned with my 'mystery' envelope!

I will update everone with the time it takes for me to recieve my passport back, but in the meantime just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has helped me through the K1 stage, without your tips and advice i doubt we would have ever got to this point!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

GrappleGoddess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikaela_jan
Congratulations!!!

Not sure how helpful this is, but I've just seen this on another thread:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/03/187114.htm

The fee has been reduced for K1 visa processing fees (I'm assuming this is the fee you pay at your interview?)

Good luck!!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: K1 VISA APPROVED yesterday, my interview.

Originally Posted by masih86
I paid the fee when I got there....I also forgot my photos so had to pay £5 to get them done there aswell...

My interview was fine apart from the interviewer (an American chap) cracking a joke with a complete straight face about me subliminally trying to influence his decision by wearing a t-shirt with a us flag design on it without even realising! as the nerves were already going i didnt really appreciate this! (and who knew americans had a sense of humour?? LOL)

He said he was happy with the answers provided and had no doubt our relationship was genuine, he didnt even want to see the photos or emails ect that i had taken as evidence but gave me a 221g for my affiditiv of support form being a copy and not the original with the signature of my fiancee on it, luckily I had this at home and arranged for the courier to collect the original and my passport the following day.

I would definately take the advice on bringing a book with you as there was a LOT of waiting around....

So now its just a waiting game for my passport to be returned with my 'mystery' envelope!

I will update everone with the time it takes for me to recieve my passport back, but in the meantime just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has helped me through the K1 stage, without your tips and advice i doubt we would have ever got to this point!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I would definitely take your advice.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: K1 VISA APPROVED yesterday, my interview.

Originally Posted by GrappleGoddess
Not sure how helpful this is, but I've just seen this on another thread:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/03/187114.htm

The fee has been reduced for K1 visa processing fees (I'm assuming this is the fee you pay at your interview?)

Good luck!!
Thanks for sharing this. Hope its applicable to me..
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

My passport and big sealed white envelope came back in 8 working days!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

If you're likely to make a profit on the sale of the house you'll want to have it sold before you enter the USA and become a Permanent Resident.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Alex3110
My house goes on the market today..its all so very real now!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

Great news! Many congratulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.