Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Visa Approved...Waiting......

Wikiposts

K1 Visa Approved...Waiting......

Old Jul 10th 2015, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

stumac76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy K1 Visa Approved...Waiting......

So last month, 18 June, I had my interview and was approved. Unfortunately, this was during the time when there was a global crash of the visa system and they weren't able to print. Since then, the embassy in London has removed all links to updates about the crash. When I check the CEAC status, it says it has been changed several times, most recently the 6th and 10th of this month, but it hasn't changed from READY. I tried sending an email to the embassy requesting any info they can give me at all, but they haven't replied. My fiance and I are at a standstill, I can't quit my job or give up my flat yet as I don't know when (if) I will be getting my visa back any time soon. They told me at the interview that it expires 27 October. I feel like the expiration date is fast approaching and I won't have time to get everything in order before my visa is expired.

Has anyone else had this issue recently? What have you been told? Have you received your visa yet, if so when was your interview date? This waiting period is doing nothing for our nerves.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 1:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa Approved...Waiting......

Originally Posted by stumac76
When I check the CEAC status, it says it has been changed several times, most recently the 6th and 10th of this month, but it hasn't changed from READY.
Don't read anything into the non-change. Keep in mind that there are many thousands of visas that must be created and issued - and they will do them in order. It takes time... but it'll get done.

I feel like the expiration date is fast approaching and I won't have time to get everything in order before my visa is expired.
You quit your job, you give up your flat, and you move. You can do that within a week. How much time do you need?

Ian
Old Jul 11th 2015, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

You quit your job, you give up your flat, and you move. You can do that within a week. How much time do you need?

By my contract with work I have to give atleast 2 weeks notice, my flat 30 days. So no I can't do it within a week.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 7:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think will happen if you don't give 2 weeks notice at work, or 30 days notice on your flat?

Rene
Old Jul 11th 2015, 8:10 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What do you think will happen if you don't give 2 weeks notice at work, or 30 days notice on your flat?

Rene
Indeed - unless of course you're expecting your marriage to fail and to have to move back
Old Jul 11th 2015, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Well I was trying to do things the right way and not do a runner on my responsibilities here.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
Indeed - unless of course you're expecting your marriage to fail and to have to move back
No. But I don't know if in the future we will decide to move to the uk. In which case I don't want to return with any potential issues. As I said, I was intending on closing out my responsibilities here in a courteous and responsible manner, not just running off.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 8:20 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you have paid your last months rent before you move out, the repercussions would be non-existant.

Failing to give 2 weeks notice might make you non-rehireable, but thats about it.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
As long as you have paid your last months rent before you move out, the repercussions would be non-existant.

Failing to give 2 weeks notice might make you non-rehireable, but thats about it.

Thank you. That makes me feel better. I just wish I could get some answers on the visa now so we can finalize our wedding plans.