Reload this Page >

K1 visa approved but not delivered

K1 visa approved but not delivered

Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Moribund is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 visa approved but not delivered

Hi everyone,
I had my interview for a K1 visa in london the 21st after passing my medical (they didn't contact me, so I can only assume I did) and was approved. However, since then I've heard nothing. My status on the CEAC tracker changed from 'Ready' to 'Application Recieved' on the 25th, but since then I've heard hide nor hair of what's happening, and my emails to the consulate are going unanswered. Starting to worry that I made some kind of egregious error during the interview, as I was in and out within 25 minutes and I don't know if there was something I was supposed to do after handing over my documents/passport and being interviewed by the officer. Does anyone have any idea what I can do or who I can contact to see what's happening? Many thanks
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa approved but not delivered

Did you speak to more than one person at the embassy? Typically you see one person who collects your documents, then you take your seat again and wait to be called to a window where you have the real interview (where they ask questions and you answer), and at the end of that they may verbally say you're approved.

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: K1 visa approved but not delivered

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did you speak to more than one person at the embassy? Typically you see one person who collects your documents, then you take your seat again and wait to be called to a window where you have the real interview (where they ask questions and you answer), and at the end of that they may verbally say you're approved.

Rene
That's exactly what happened to me, so it's good to know I didn't miss a step, thankyou . When the officer said I was approved they said my visa and passport would be sent within 7-10 working days though, and that's waaay gone by now.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you make arrangements with the courier?

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

When I booked my interview I arranged to have it delivered to the grimsby depot (far too tightfisted to pay for home delivery), do you think that might have delayed things?
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Have you received any word from the courier that the package was dispatched? Checked your email's junk folder? Try calling them to ascertain if it was sent out for delivery.

However, I thought that your informational site would have been updated at some point to say the visa was issued, etc. You can only check with the courier and continue to try to contact the Embassy for an update.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Moribund
When I booked my interview I arranged to have it delivered to the grimsby depot (far too tightfisted to pay for home delivery), do you think that might have delayed things?
No.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2018, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Update: the status has changed from 'Application Recieved' back to 'Ready', and now I'm completely confused. But hell at least something's happening.