Wikiposts

K1 Visa

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

fluffy82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa

Hi,
I recently received the I-797C with regards to our I-129F petition. I know its early and I still have months & months to go but I was wondering if there is anything I can get ready now while I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs!? (work is quiet this time of year!) I was thinking maybe the police checks and also get my father in law to be to fill in the I-134? Is it too early to do either of these or do I have to wait until I am told to get them by the uscis?
Thanks.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa

Originally Posted by fluffy82
Hi,
I recently received the I-797C with regards to our I-129F petition. I know its early and I still have months & months to go but I was wondering if there is anything I can get ready now while I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs!? (work is quiet this time of year!) I was thinking maybe the police checks and also get my father in law to be to fill in the I-134? Is it too early to do either of these or do I have to wait until I am told to get them by the uscis?
Thanks.
You can get you police report, I believe they are valid for 1 year.

You can have your fiance and father in law fill out I-134's, but hold off on sending them to you with backup documents, just in case anything in their income/employment changes. If I were you, I'd have the I-134's signed and dated much closer to your interview date.

You can go to your consulate's website and see what visa application forms they'll be sending you, and you can practice filling those in so you can do so quickly when they do send you the real ones (with a bar code on them).

Start making lists of things you want to keep, pack, get rid of, etc, for when you want to make the big move.

Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

fluffy82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Visa

Thanks Rene, thats lots to keep me going on with. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.