Reload this Page >

K1 times and Marriage dates

K1 times and Marriage dates

Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:28 am
Dom

Default K1 times and Marriage dates

My fiance and I started the K1 process back in July through Nebraska
and with the current timings it looks like we get the second NOA by
the beginning of February next year - assuming no RFEs.

What sort of timeline is it from Nebraska signing the application off
to the London Embassy receiving it and then issuing the visa?

I ask as we have booked our wedding for the end of April (we thought 9
months would be plenty of time!) so if we need to postpone it by a
month or two then I'd like to know now so I can make some
arrangements.

Thanks for any advice

Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:59 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 times and Marriage dates

Originally posted by Dom
What sort of timeline is it from Nebraska signing the application off
to the London Embassy receiving it and then issuing the visa?
I went through Texas, not Nebraska, but once I got my NOA2 my timeline looked like this (going through London embassy as well):

May 2, 2003: Request police records
June 12, 2003: NOA2, Patrick receives I-129F "Petition approved" (153 days)
June 15, 2003: Receive police records
July 7, 2003: Packet 3, Embassy verifies approved I-129F Petition
August 6, 2003: Packet 4, visa interview letter arrives
August 29, 2003: Visa interview, visa approved

Though I have to add that I was out of town when packet 3 arrived (I didn't think it would arrive so quick so I went to visit my g'ma) and ended up sending it a week after I could have if I had stayed in London. Also, when I sent the package back I was in such a rush that I forgot to add the checklist. After about 2 weeks I started freaking out because my house lease was due to run out August 31st and I would be homeless. So I ended up sending them a letter begging to get an appointment before my lease was going to run out. The day after that I was still panicing and ended up calling them and was told that they were waiting for my checklist. I then ended up getting my interview on August 29th - 2 days before my lease ran out. I don't know if it was pure luck or if my letter had made a difference, but you know...it all worked out in the end. So yeah, just thought I'd let you know my timeline had about 3 weeks of unnecessary delays included.

Also, don't forget to get the police records!

And I don't know if you know the embassy website yet or not, but this is it: www.usembassy.org.uk/ ...in case you would like to see what kind of stuff you need to get for the interview and packets that you will receive via mail.