K1 Through Madrid

Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:42 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 Through Madrid

Hyper and others may be able to help with this.

I'm living in Spain but am a native English speaker. My Spanish could best be described as advanced restaurant level.

When I go to the consulate will everything be conducted in English? Same with the medical.

If it's going to pose a problem for me I could always ask them if they'd select my consulate as London or Dublin as I'm a citizen of both.

I'm sure this is a really dumb question but it's been at the back of my mind and slowly creeping forward.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:47 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Through Madrid

Originally posted by sibsie

I'm living in Spain but am a native English speaker. My Spanish could best be described as advanced restaurant level.

When I go to the consulate will everything be conducted in English? Same with the medical.

If it's going to pose a problem for me I could always ask them if they'd select my consulate as London or Dublin as I'm a citizen of both.

I'm sure this is a really dumb question but it's been at the back of my mind and slowly creeping forward.
Our experience in Madrid was that the peole there were GREAT! Bi-lingual of course, friendly, very competent and they truely seemed to care. We had the same two women on both occasions- the initial filing of the I-130 and at Cathy's interview. I can not say enough good things about them.

I hope this helps
Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:50 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ironporer
Our experience in Madrid was that the peole there were GREAT! Bi-lingual of course, friendly, very competent and they truely seemed to care. We had the same two women on both occasions- the initial filing of the I-130 and at Cathy's interview. I can not say enough good things about them.

I hope this helps
Thank you so much. That was keeping me awake all of last night. It's a huge relief.

I dealt with the Canadian Embassy in Madrid when I had to get my Canadian passport and they were *so* much nicer than their counterparts in London.

Thanks zillions Iron.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sibsie,

I'm not quite sure on that, but I will say that when I was living in Spain, everytime I went to the American Consulate office everyone who worked there spoke both perfect english and spanish. I imagine that you could have the interview in either language, but don't take my word for that. Hope this helps some, if you're still in doubt, I would just call the Embassy and see if you can find out?

Lily,

Old Nov 14th 2003, 7:53 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by Michi
if you're still in doubt, I would just call the Embassy and see if you can find out?

Lily,
Thanks for that Lily. Some days I'm blonder than others!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:19 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

When I went to the embassy for my student visa interview.. the guy who attended me was very mean, his spanish sucked,I could barely understand him!!, I was about to tell him: "Can we talk english instead".. I bited my tongue and didn't say a thing.. he was rude enough . I am hoping I dont have to deal with him for my k3 interview:scared:, don't you panic though, as far as everyone said they are nice, I had bad luck!!.
Take care hon!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Nov 14th 2003 at 10:21 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
When I went to the embassy for my student visa interview.. the guy who attended me was very mean, his spanish sucked,I could barely understand him!!, I was about to tell him: "Can we talk english instead".. I bited my tongue and didn't say a thing.. he was rude enough . I am hoping I dont have to deal with him for my k3 interview:scared:, don't you panic though, as far as everyone said they are nice, I had bad luck!!.
Take care hon!!
Can you imagine giving HyperTweeky an interview?

Official:"hello, pleased to meet you, do sit down"
HT:"HI!!! *GRIN* don't mind if i do! My name is HyperTweeky"
Official:"yes, i see you are Hyper, i meant sit on the chair, not the ceiling"

Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:25 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mdaitc

Lol Matt, but hey it is true.. I can't stay in the same spot for more than 15 minutes.. I gotta move around!!, I have a hyper nature.. so deal with that Interviewer!!! lol
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:27 pm
C.G.D.S

I haven't known her long but I'm really going to miss her when she leaves Spain. She's become my little security blanket.

I'd love to see the interview though!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:27 pm

Ž„‚�Ž„‚Ì• v‚Æ‚_‚肽‚ ¢‚ÆŽv‚¤!!!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

mdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant futuremdaitc has a brilliant future

is that Spanish?
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:32 pm

I haven't known her long but I'm really going to miss her when she leaves Spain. She's become my little security blanket.

I'd love to see the interview though!
I CAN'T GET ON ANY MESSENGER AND I HAVE 3!!, I AM CURSED LOL. Sibsie honey.. I am gonna miss you too, You are a dear!! but hey we can keep in touch, I don't wanna lose such a good friend like you, I love you dearly!!.
Ok time for me to get something for this HUGE headache!!, It hurts
Love ya guys!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:45 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Hyper, I thought you said you didn't speak Euskara?lol
Old Nov 14th 2003, 10:47 pm

is that Spanish?
Lol, I went on http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/Translate typed in "I miss my hubby so much" in english and choose japanese as the target language, so no.. that isn't spanish lol