Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Success in London, UK!!

K1 Success in London, UK!!

Old Mar 22nd 2002, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Success in London, UK!!

Well I got my K1 yesterday a lot easier than I thought, all that worrying for nothing really. I was finished with the medical and interview at 10am, then had to return to the embassy at 11-30ish. Got there at 11 and got called up to the desk at 11-15am and was given the visa and a brown envolope and that was it. No band playing music, no well done boy welcome to the US, no nothing!!
Anyone who is worried about the medical, don't be it's nothing to worry about, and anyone who is worried about having shots/giving blood let me just say the staff there are excellent and the most painfull part of the day was taking the plaster off my arm when I got home!!!!!
If you want any more info on the medical/interview feel free to email me and I will reply.

Rich
Old Mar 22nd 2002, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

gilliankennedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Success in London, UK!!

well done, I am very happy for you. Did you get any injections on the day - or were your vaccinations up to date? Also, when you go to the medical do you have to take a brief medical history with you as well as your vaccination record?

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2002, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

I had to have two injections and they cost £55 for the two!! £125 for the medical! I did'nt take any documentation to the medical only the form they send with packet 4 and my vaccination card.
The guy who interviewd me did'nt want to see any of my photos/email/cards or anything, after I had spent hours getting them all in a nice folder!!

Good luck anyone else who is expecting an interview!!

Rich
Old Mar 22nd 2002, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Fran is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Rich on getting your visa - what are your plans now, when do you plan to travel and get married?

I have my interview on Tuesday morning and have a couple of questions for you.

1) What kind of photos and how many were required for the
interview?

2) What sort of questions did they ask you?

Thanks

Fran
Old Mar 22nd 2002, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Plan to get to the US after I graduate from University here about end of May time, so have plenty of time to find a cheap flight and sell all my stuff.

1) What kind of photos and how many were required for the
interview?

They neede 2 photo's one for the interview and one for the medical and they don't care which style you have I took both the full on and side on photos but they said they did'nt care what type you use.

2) What sort of questions did they ask you?

When did we first meet, how many time have we met since our first meeting, what course in University was my girlfriend doing when we met, and what is she doing now. That's all. It is no problem if your genuine, I was even telling the guy our history and he cut across me and just asked me to be more brief with my answers!! He was nice though and after reading some of the horror stories about other peoples experiances I was very nervous but all the staff at the medical and interview were great as far as I am concerned.

Good luck in your interview, you should not have a problem with it.

Rich
Old Mar 22nd 2002, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Fran is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rich and best of luck to you both for the future. Don't forget to do a price comparison on the flights, buying a return can work out cheaper - this is what I've done.

All the best!!

Fran
Old Mar 22nd 2002, 2:05 pm
Mister Heartbre

Richard1972 <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Well I got my K1 yesterday a lot easier than I thought, all that worrying for
    > nothing really. I was finished with the medical and interview at 10am, then had to
    > return to the embassy at 11-30ish. Got there at 11 and got called up to the desk at
    > 11-15am and was given the visa and a brown envolope and that was it. No band
    > playing music, no well done boy welcome to the US, no nothing!! Anyone who is
    > worried about the medical, don't be it's nothing to worry about, and anyone who is
    > worried about having shots/giving blood let me just say the staff there are
    > excellent and the most painfull part of the day was taking the plaster off my arm
    > when I got home!!!!! If you want any more info on the medical/interview feel free
    > to email me and I will reply.
    >
    > Rich
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Congratulations Rich - you also answered a few of the questions I'd spent about 15
minutes thinking up!

Dave.

Old Mar 22nd 2002, 4:05 pm
Eyal Marantenbo

Congrats!!! )

"Richard1972" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Well I got my K1 yesterday a lot easier than I thought, all that worrying for
    > nothing really. I was finished with the medical and interview at 10am, then had to
    > return to the embassy at 11-30ish. Got there at 11 and got called up to the desk at
    > 11-15am and was given the visa and a brown envolope and that was it. No band
    > playing music, no well done boy welcome to the US, no nothing!! Anyone who is
    > worried about the medical, don't be it's nothing to worry about, and anyone who is
    > worried about having shots/giving blood let me just say the staff there are
    > excellent and the most painfull part of the day was taking the plaster off my arm
    > when I got home!!!!! If you want any more info on the medical/interview feel free
    > to email me and I will reply.
    >
    > Rich
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 23rd 2002, 7:25 am
Synchro1212

Congrats.....My fiance goes for his interview on the 3rd, and he is very nervous. He
had a heart attack about 6 years ago, had surgery and is fine now but is afraid that
may be a problem. I hope his goes as smooth as yours did.

Holly

Old Mar 23rd 2002, 1:05 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Synchro1212 wrote:
    > Congrats.....My fiance goes for his interview on the 3rd, and he is very nervous.
    > He had a heart attack about 6 years ago, had surgery and is fine now but is afraid
    > that may be a problem. I hope his goes as smooth as yours did.
    >
I kindly suggest that when he goes to the medical exam, he bring along a letter from
his doctor, stating that he is doing fine, able to work, and that everything is under
control. That is what my husband had to bring for his high blood pressure. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

Old Mar 24th 2002, 11:35 am
Mit

"Eyal Marantenboim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Congrats!!! )
    >
    >
    > "Richard1972" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Well I got my K1 yesterday a lot easier than I thought, all that worrying for
    > > nothing really. I was finished with the medical and interview at 10am, then had
    > > to return to the embassy at 11-30ish. Got there at 11 and got called up to the
    > > desk at 11-15am and was given the visa and a brown envolope and that was it. No
    > > band playing music, no well done boy welcome to the US, no nothing!! Anyone who
    > > is worried about the medical, don't be it's nothing to worry about, and anyone
    > > who is worried about having shots/giving blood let me just say the staff there
    > > are excellent and the most painfull part of the day was taking the plaster off my
    > > arm when I got home!!!!! If you want any more info on the medical/interview feel
    > > free to email me and I will reply.
    > >
    > > Rich

Congrats Richard! U must be sooo excited now. I know I definetly was. So when are u
leaving and where are u going to? I've actually by some kind of divine intervention
managed to get a flight to Baltimore for the 4th of April. I just couldn't believe my
luck. Anyway, all the best. Cubendri

Old Mar 24th 2002, 1:05 pm
Rick

This is great! I am so happy for you. Seems the times for TSC and London are getting
faster. That is really getting my hopes up that Sheena and I will be together by
July. Waiting for 2nd NOA - first received March 8.

Rick

"mit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > "Eyal Marantenboim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Congrats!!! )
    > >
    > >
    > > "Richard1972" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Well I got my K1 yesterday a lot easier than I thought, all that worrying for
    > > > nothing really. I was finished with the medical and interview at 10am, then had
    > > > to return to the embassy at 11-30ish. Got there at 11 and got called up to the
    > > > desk at 11-15am and was given the visa and a brown envolope and that was it. No
    > > > band playing music, no well done boy welcome to the US, no nothing!! Anyone who
    > > > is worried about the medical, don't be it's nothing to worry about, and anyone
who
    > > > is worried about having shots/giving blood let me just say the staff there are
    > > > excellent and the most painfull part of the day was taking
the
    > > > plaster off my arm when I got home!!!!! If you want any more info on
the
    > > > medical/interview feel free to email me and I will reply.
    > > >
    > > > Rich
    >
    > Congrats Richard! U must be sooo excited now. I know I definetly was. So when are u
    > leaving and where are u going to? I've actually by some kind of divine intervention
    > managed to get a flight to Baltimore for the 4th of April. I just couldn't believe
    > my luck. Anyway, all the best. Cubendri