Wikiposts

K1 SUCCESS London =)

Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default K1 SUCCESS London =)

Hi All =)

Well I just got back to moms... what a long day =P

It was stinking hot in London...

I stayed in the Bryanston Court Hotel, right opposite the doctors which made the journey this morning very easy =) I was at the Doctors at 7.40 and there was 3 people there waiting... by the time the doors opened at 8 there was around 25 people there, including 2 other k-1 and a k-3.

I was first to be seen by the Doctor (a female... not sure if it was Doctor Phelan as for some reason I was expecting a man =P) and the xray guy does indeed have an awesome sense of humour =)

I had to have two jabs, MMR and Dyptheria, which were done at 9 and I was on the way to the embassy.

After what seemed like forever (about an hour) I was called up to window 2 and gave over my birth certificate,passport, police certificate and the self-support paperwork. I offered the affadavit of support but he told me I didnt need it as I had sufficient funds.

Another 2 hr wait later, I was called back to window 5... I was asked when/where we met, how long we had known each other, whether she had been here and met my family, and when I planned to fly out, then questioned about why there was no affadavit of support. I told him I had one but the other guy said iot wasnt needed... he asked me what Lara did for a job and how much she earnt, then said he would take my word for it and no need for the form.

One and a half hours later I had the visa in my passport and got out of the embassy around 1.30

... then made my phonecall to my sweetheart at work to tell her we had forever starting Friday =) =)

It really is a painless day... =)

The other two k-1 were granted, the k-3 was still waiting to be interviewed when I left as he had an overstay and a removal against him

Thank you to all for all the support and help here over the last few months...

.... and now onwards to the USA on Friday and AOS

I can't stop smiling =)

Lee
Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Lee! :-)
Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you!
Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

I never doubted it, not for a minute! Congratulations
Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 SUCCESS London =)

Congrats and a safe journey Stateside!

Cheers,
Amy
Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

thank you guys

and yes you really do *have* to visit Dr Phealans toilet =P
Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:45 am
Heading home for X-mas...

Endymion is an unknown quantity at this point

Was about time ! CONGRATS!!!

Now keep up the good work!

Greetings,

Rebecca.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:00 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats!!

The wait is worth it isn't it?
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

melanieberns is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!! Good to hear.

I hope my fiance gets as painless an interview as you did. It'd be nice.

I hope all your moving plans are a success and your POE experience, just as painless.

Again...Congrats!

melanie
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Nicola76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leebarton
Hi All =)

Well I just got back to moms... what a long day =P

It was stinking hot in London...

I stayed in the Bryanston Court Hotel, right opposite the doctors which made the journey this morning very easy =) I was at the Doctors at 7.40 and there was 3 people there waiting... by the time the doors opened at 8 there was around 25 people there, including 2 other k-1 and a k-3.

I was first to be seen by the Doctor (a female... not sure if it was Doctor Phelan as for some reason I was expecting a man =P) and the xray guy does indeed have an awesome sense of humour =)

I had to have two jabs, MMR and Dyptheria, which were done at 9 and I was on the way to the embassy.

After what seemed like forever (about an hour) I was called up to window 2 and gave over my birth certificate,passport, police certificate and the self-support paperwork. I offered the affadavit of support but he told me I didnt need it as I had sufficient funds.

Another 2 hr wait later, I was called back to window 5... I was asked when/where we met, how long we had known each other, whether she had been here and met my family, and when I planned to fly out, then questioned about why there was no affadavit of support. I told him I had one but the other guy said iot wasnt needed... he asked me what Lara did for a job and how much she earnt, then said he would take my word for it and no need for the form.

One and a half hours later I had the visa in my passport and got out of the embassy around 1.30

... then made my phonecall to my sweetheart at work to tell her we had forever starting Friday =) =)

It really is a painless day... =)

The other two k-1 were granted, the k-3 was still waiting to be interviewed when I left as he had an overstay and a removal against him

Thank you to all for all the support and help here over the last few months...

.... and now onwards to the USA on Friday and AOS

I can't stop smiling =)

Lee
Congratulations Lee!! I am going through those pre-interview nerves that you had so it helps to read your experience!

Good Luck with your move!!

Nicola

Timeline TSC
NOA1 January 15th
NOA2 June 19th (Online Status)
NOA2 Letter received June 23rd
NVC Letter recieved July 2nd (dated 30th June)
Packet 3 received July 10th
Returned IV-15 July 21st (Delayed due to being in the USA when it arrived)
Interview date received July 25th
Interview date September 2nd

Wedding date November 1st
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:19 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Lee! Well done, and where are the pics of the toilet then??

Debbie
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

mikereid is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Lee, we never doubted for a
minute you wouldn't walk away without that
precious stamp in your passport.
Have a great wedding on Oct14th, I hope to tie
the knot before you on Oct 11th.
Regards
Mike
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:29 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congrats, Lee!

Sounds like you had an easy going officer, and a good day!! Not long now!!!!
Kate. xxxxx
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:34 am
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Lee, I thought you would be ok because I know your preparations had been thorough, thanks partly to this group.

When you travel to be with the woman you love remember that you still have many more stages to get through..... but you will be together and that is what this was all about.

Best wishes to you both

John and Cindy
Old Aug 4th 2003, 9:39 am
finally home with thing1

thing2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Lee

Glad you finally made it through. Doesn't it feel great to get that K-1

Enjoy it and have a safe trip on Friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.