Old Jul 17th 2002, 9:20 pm
Lincoln884

Default K1 - and sponsership

Hi there , does anyone know the details for the calulation of the 125% poverty
level the INS use to work out if a US cit. is able to someone any info would be
useful . Linc

Old Jul 18th 2002, 3:34 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 - and sponsership

You're question was a little unclear.... I interpreted your question to be, "How do I determine if my income meets or exceeds the 125% minimum of the 2002 poverty level guidelines?"

(If this is NOT what you're asking, I apologize.)

Here's how to find out if your income is enough to meet the 125% minimum for 2002:

1) Go to http://aspe.os.dhhs.gov/poverty/02poverty.htm

2) How many people will be in your household once you and your fiancee marry? That number is the "Size of Family Unit."

EXAMPLE: If your household will consist of only you and your fiancee, then your "Size of Family Unit" is two (2).

3) On the chart, go to the "Size of Family Unit" and see what income is listed according to where you live in the United States. The incomes are higher for Alaska and Hawaii than in the other 48 states.

EXAMPLE: If your household number is 2 and you live in, say, Michigan, the income listed is $11,940.

4) MOST IMPORTANT STEP -- The incomes listed on this site are for only 100% -- NOT 125%!! To determine the 125% minimum, take the income listed on the chart and multiply it by 1.25

EXAMPLE: If the 100% income listed is $11,940, then multiply this amount by 1.25. The result is $14,925 -- THIS is the MINIMUM you must make in order to meet the 125% burden.

Hope this helps!

~ Jenney
Old Jul 18th 2002, 4:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 - and sponsership

Originally posted by Lincoln884
Hi there , does anyone know the details for the calulation of the 125% poverty
level the INS use to work out if a US cit. is able to someone any info would be
useful . Linc
The INS has a page with all the requirements for financial sponsorship including 3/4's of the way down the page the workout of the 125% of the poverty guidelines for your convenience. You don't have to calculate anything ... it is done for you.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm