Reload this Page >

K1 receipt, yay! and travel question

Wikiposts

K1 receipt, yay! and travel question

Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:58 am
Just Joined

lehall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 receipt, yay! and travel question

After seeking advice on this forum, my SO and I filed for a K1 visa and just got the receipt today, woo hoo! Thanks to all who helped answer our previous questions about what avenue to pursue.

I'm going to go and visit him in London in a couple of weeks, so I wanted to know how I should proceed with regard to passport control. I have a lot of London trips in my passport so they usually ask a lot of questions, but I want to be extra careful this time around to prove I'm not intending to move over there. (Although I usually go into Gatwick, this time I'm coming through Heathrow.)

Is it okay to tell them I'm visiting my fiancee, if I also show them evidence that he's got a pending visa case for the US? What other documents should I bring... copy of apartment lease, bills with address on them, a letter from work?

Thanks!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:53 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 receipt, yay! and travel question

Originally Posted by lehall
After seeking advice on this forum, my SO and I filed for a K1 visa and just got the receipt today, woo hoo! Thanks to all who helped answer our previous questions about what avenue to pursue.

I'm going to go and visit him in London in a couple of weeks, so I wanted to know how I should proceed with regard to passport control. I have a lot of London trips in my passport so they usually ask a lot of questions, but I want to be extra careful this time around to prove I'm not intending to move over there. (Although I usually go into Gatwick, this time I'm coming through Heathrow.)

Is it okay to tell them I'm visiting my fiancee, if I also show them evidence that he's got a pending visa case for the US? What other documents should I bring... copy of apartment lease, bills with address on them, a letter from work?

Thanks!
I don't think you have anything to worry about. UK passport control won't have any knowledge of the visa application as fart as I know, as at the moment it's internal with the State Department of the US. Even if they did, the fact that you've applied for a visa for the UKC to move to the US doesn't make it look like you're trying to move here.

Just follow normal procedure when visiting a foreign country, your situation is no different at the moment. Answer any questions asked, but don't give information that is not asked for. Have evidence you plan to return to your home country incase you are queried on it.

The situation can be different if it's the other way. When the UKC hits US passport control, they can see the visa application.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
UK passport control won't have any knowledge of the visa application as fart as I know...
Totally appropriate typo!

Ian
Old Jun 11th 2008, 2:54 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Totally appropriate typo!

Ian
Excuse my potty mouth
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:50 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lehall

Thanks!
Hi . I have been going back and forth to the UK for several times of year even before I met my fiancee. I was just over last week for his visa interview which was approved! I just say I'm visiting friends and they seem to be ok with that.