Wikiposts

K1 Question

Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:51 am
Just Joined

sinloki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Question

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

To use a lawyer or not is your choice. A very good lawyer who has very reasonable charges is Matt Udall in Sacramento.

On the part of being apart, I like to remind people that US law does not prohibit the US citizen from staying abroad. I am cognizant of the fact that many AmCits must return for personal and financial reasons, but sometimes that may not be true -- and there is then a reaction "I had not thought of that!"

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. I actually just got back two months ago from an extended (6 month) stint abroad to be with him. Now I can't put off finishing my bachelor's degree any longer and won't be free to travel again until next May or June.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:04 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Question

Originally Posted by sinloki
Ok. Thank you for the information. Do you by any chance know if it is a time-consuming process? While I'm detail-oriented and don't have a problem keeping track of things, I am very short on available time. I also suck at filling out forms - I over think everything. Perhaps I should just hire an attorney.
There are several ways to use an attorney ... one of then you might consider is a consultation.
You need to check out the effects of the previous immigration efforts and how/if that will interfere.

The last thing you want to do is overreact until you've got some concrete info on the other thing. Fortunately, Oct 1 is coming up quickly.

I don't think you should decide how to go forward, whether or not to do it yourself until you've gotten a bit more familiar with things. You've got time!