Wikiposts

K1 - Process Question

Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:09 am
Just Joined

grindcoreUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 - Process Question

Currently awaiting our I-129F, had the confirmation thats its in process, Fingers crossed. Had a couple of queries:

If in the event of being denied the K-1 at interview in london, is it a matter of re-booking an interview. The I-129F still valid for the K-1 process again? Fingers cross won't have to cross that bridge.

Secondly how much does the AOS process cost once in the US?

Thankyou
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 - Process Question

Originally Posted by grindcoreUK
If in the event of being denied the K-1 at interview in london, is it a matter of re-booking an interview.
No, it's a matter of overcoming the reason why the K-1 was denied.

The I-129F still valid for the K-1 process again?
It might be... but I don't think so.

Secondly how much does the AOS process cost once in the US?
Currently - $1010 not including any other medical costs and incidentals such as photos and stuff.

Ian
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:39 am
Just Joined

wow high stakes then if you think the whole I-129f process has to be done again if denied at interview. Well all the reason to get it right with all ya help the first time.

Another question I had was how long does the AOS process take? Under the I-94 i get 90 days, this is long enough?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grindcoreUK
Another question I had was how long does the AOS process take? Under the I-94 i get 90 days, this is long enough?
The AOS process takes about a year or so... sometimes more, sometimes less. But it doesn't start until you enter on the K-1, get married, and file. Once issued, you have 6 months to use the K-1... and once you enter the US, you have 90 days in which to marry. Once you're married, you can file at any time thereafter to adjust your status. You are not obligated to file within the 90 days that you get on the K-1 visa... but it's a good idea. Once you file (and receive a receipt for the filing), you are allowed to remain in the US until such time as the application is adjudicated.

Ian
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Is there is a reason in your history that you prompt you to think you might be denied the K-1 by the US Consulate?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Not at all, from all that i have tudied here I se no reason why I should b denied. Natural I guess to try and play out all options. All is going to be successful...I know it!