Wikiposts

K1 Process confusion

Old May 28th 2004, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Default Re: K1 Process confusion

Originally posted by nkem4ever
Yepper, good point. We (I) just got a teee bit carried away for a minute.

jess - meet the man first, all other info will come in due time.

I agree, but there's no harm in being prepared. If it feels right then you're ready to go, if it doesn't feel right you've risked nothing and gotten some forms in the mail for free. I guess it's the romantic in me that wants to hope for the best My husband and I met the old fashioned way, we lived in the same apartment complex and my outgoing roommate invited he and his friends over for chocolate chip cookies. I don't personally have experience with falling in love before meeting in person. I hope it works out for them

MarDae
Old May 28th 2004, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MarDae
I agree, but there's no harm in being prepared. If it feels right then you're ready to go, if it doesn't feel right you've risked nothing and gotten some forms in the mail for free. I guess it's the romantic in me that wants to hope for the best My husband and I met the old fashioned way, we lived in the same apartment complex and my outgoing roommate invited he and his friends over for chocolate chip cookies. I don't personally have experience with falling in love before meeting in person. I hope it works out for them

MarDae
things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Most from this forum met on line and you say you didnt'. that just makes me curious. how did your husband end up in the UK if you lived in the same complex? was he or you visiting or something? am i being too nosey? inquiring minds want to know.
Old May 28th 2004, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Most from this forum met on line and you say you didnt'. that just makes me curious. how did your husband end up in the UK if you lived in the same complex? was he or you visiting or something? am i being too nosey? inquiring minds want to know.

In 2000 he was here for the summer on a J1 and I was staying at school for the summer and we were living in the same campus apartment complex. We were together about 6 weeks before he went home.... He only stayed home for about two weeks and then came back to stay with me for four. We've been doing the long distance thing since then until this January. We once were apart for 9 months which was strange getting reacquainted but then we also had lived together for 5 months by that point when I had a work visa for Ireland. We knew we were compatable after living together, cleaning together, doing laundry together, etc and so it was actually after our nine month separation that we started the K-1 process. We never wanted to have to go through that again! Don't worry you weren't being nosey. I love talking about when we met, it was the best thing that ever happened to me

MarDae
Old May 28th 2004, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MarDae
In 2000 he was here for the summer on a J1 and I was staying at school for the summer and we were living in the same campus apartment complex. We were together about 6 weeks before he went home.... He only stayed home for about two weeks and then came back to stay with me for four. We've been doing the long distance thing since then until this January. We once were apart for 9 months which was strange getting reacquainted but then we also had lived together for 5 months by that point when I had a work visa for Ireland. We knew we were compatable after living together, cleaning together, doing laundry together, etc and so it was actually after our nine month separation that we started the K-1 process. We never wanted to have to go through that again! Don't worry you weren't being nosey. I love talking about when we met, it was the best thing that ever happened to me

MarDae

Cool!! thnks for sharing. i think your's is the first I've heard that went that way. Meaning, not meeting online. I can imagine the re-acquainting that went along after 9mths of separation. How strange must that have been. I know your' glad its all benind you now.

take care
Old May 28th 2004, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
A perfectly valid question in my not very humble opinion..

Tell me Ray, What is your education level and how have you aquired such a vast amount of immigration knowledge? I hope the posters here have other resources available or they might be in for a long ride awaiting their visa approvals. I myself have been through the entire process of the K1 visa and AOS and am thankful i never read any of this great knowledge that seems to show up here.
Old May 28th 2004, 5:55 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by wesleygolf
I myself have been through the entire process of the K1 visa and AOS and am thankful i never read any of this great knowledge that seems to show up here.
Why are you thankful for NEVER having read any of this "great knowledge" Then why are you here?? Have I missed something??
Old May 28th 2004, 6:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me Ray, What is your education level and how have you aquired such a vast amount of immigration knowledge? I hope the posters here have other resources available or they might be in for a long ride awaiting their visa approvals. I myself have been through the entire process of the K1 visa and AOS and am thankful i never read any of this great knowledge that seems to show up here.
You really want to flame me .... It sems your statement above about yourself is not quite true.. you got the K-1 ..you got your brazilian fiancee in the country and get married and of course you have not been thru AOS as you claim because at the beginning of this month you state:
what are my legal responsabilities? Any help would be appreciated as this is not working out for me. I am the US citizen. I have NOT filed AOS papers yet.
And of course just before that you was whining about the cost of it all.. So it seems you have not got a pot to piss in..you marriage ain't doing to well... and yet you want to flame me for nothing...

I think more attention to your own problems would be adviced
and I really do hope you can work things out with your wife..broken marriages hurt many people...
Old May 28th 2004, 6:49 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ranjini
Why are you thankful for NEVER having read any of this "great knowledge" Then why are you here?? Have I missed something??
wesleygolf may have interpreted my teasing comment about ray as something serious and joined in the bandwagon? Dunno!

Personally, I've always found ray's advice to be very helpful, both on the forum and personally, and I enjoy his sense of humor greatly. I believe he does possess a great deal of useful knowlege about the process and is willing to share his experiences in a helpful way. My intent was certainly not to insult ray with my comment about not listening to him, but simply to tease.

~SecretGarden

P.S. Just to clarify, I absolutely *DO* think it's crucial for two people to meet in person before committing to spending the rest of their lives together, but having been through the development of an internet relationship, I certainly *knew* that my husband was right for me before I laid eyes on him.
Old May 28th 2004, 7:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool!! thnks for sharing. i think your's is the first I've heard that went that way. Meaning, not meeting online. I can imagine the re-acquainting that went along after 9mths of separation. How strange must that have been. I know your' glad its all benind you now.

take care
Hi,

My husband and I also did not meet online (now you know 2 of us type! LOL) We met when I was on vacation in Turkey in 1997. After 4 years of NO communication at all, I went back to Turkey on another vacation in 2001, looked him up, and lo and behold...he was still there, still single, and it still clicked. We then had a 2-year telephone relationship (not even email or chatting!), and last year we decided to make it permanent. I went back again to get engaged, and started the K-1 process in March of 2003. He finally got his visa in April of 2004, and now we're husband and wife

And, as MarDae said....and I agree 100%...."it was the best thing that ever happened to me"!!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 28th 2004, 7:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SecretGarden
wesleygolf may have interpreted my teasing comment about ray as something serious and joined in the bandwagon? Dunno!
Who Secret Garden? never heard of you...
Just get back in the kitchen wench.. where you belong.
Old May 28th 2004, 8:09 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Personally, I've always found ray's advice to be very helpful, both on the forum and personally, and I enjoy his sense of humor greatly. I believe he does possess a great deal of useful knowlege about the process and is willing to share his experiences in a helpful way. My intent was certainly not to insult ray with my comment about not listening to him, but simply to tease.

~SecretGarden
Lol You're probably right And I agree with you on the rest of your comments as well. Ray keeps the tone light and that's important with all the stress and strain this process can place on many.
Well, here's someone who doesn't get Ray's humour obviously
Sometimes it takes awhile...
Old May 28th 2004, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
You really want to flame me .... It sems your statement above about yourself is not quite true.. you got the K-1 ..you got your brazilian fiancee in the country and get married and of course you have not been thru AOS as you claim because at the beginning of this month you state:

And of course just before that you was whining about the cost of it all.. So it seems you have not got a pot to piss in..you marriage ain't doing to well... and yet you want to flame me for nothing...

I think more attention to your own problems would be adviced
and I really do hope you can work things out with your wife..broken marriages hurt many people...

Well i guess its confession time. Actually I am very happily married to a beautiful brazilian lady and we have a wonderful life together. Sometimes i just like to post a question to have a little fun by reading all the responses. The reason i do this is because back when i was starting out with the K1 process i would read the forum looking for good information. To be very honest, most of the information, with the exception of a few was completely in contradiction of what i needed to do. therefore i like to poke a little fun from time to time. My wife and i with her daughter have a beautiful home here and are very happy.

I would advise anyone on this NG to investigate every avenue they can to get the answers they need. if I hadnt, we would not be here together today and would be a long way off.
Old May 28th 2004, 11:21 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Ray you.. you crack me up!!
What would we do without you!!
Have a very nice weekend!!
Old May 28th 2004, 4:30 pm
Ray

Well i guess its confession time. Actually I am very happily married to a beautiful brazilian lady and we have a wonderful life together. Sometimes i just like to post a question to have a little fun by reading all the responses. The reason i do this is because back when i was starting out with the K1 process i would read the forum looking for good information. To be very honest, most of the information, with the exception of a few was completely in contradiction of what i needed to do. therefore i like to poke a little fun from time to time. My wife and i with her daughter have a beautiful home here and are very happy.

I would advise anyone on this NG to investigate every avenue they can to get the answers they need. if I hadnt, we would not be here together today and would be a long way off.
So all your72 post was just the act of a major troll ..Well that will please a lot of people who wasted their time on you.. I, of course have fun as you put it...chasing trolls...so expect me to follow all your fun postings..
although I still have a feeling this a crap excuse.. after you put yourself in a corner.