Wikiposts

K1 Process confusion

Old May 25th 2004, 5:54 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: K1 Process confusion

Originally posted by AlisonPA
Can I just ask why haven't you met yet if you are so convinced you want to marry? Seems an awful waste of two years.
Wow!! Aren't you being a little nosey
Old May 25th 2004, 6:15 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ranjini
Wow!! Aren't you being a little nosey
A perfectly valid question in my not very humble opinion..
Old May 25th 2004, 6:25 am
Banned

Originally posted by ray6
A perfectly valid question in my not very humble opinion..
Hehehehe!! What I didn't add at the end of my last post was "although I'm sure Ray is dying to know"....
Old May 25th 2004, 6:37 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ranjini
Hehehehe!! What I didn't add at the end of my last post was "although I'm sure Ray is dying to know"....
Well!! I was young once..and would have driven 700 miles to get my leg ov...... I mean for personal contact..
Old May 25th 2004, 6:42 am
Banned

Well!! I was young once..and would have driven 700 miles to get my leg ov...... I mean for personal contact..
Lol You crack me up Ray. Agreed. No more questions.
Old May 25th 2004, 6:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well now Jim and I did just that every other weekend for over four months. He drove from Ottawa to Lake George, NY (4 plus hours) and me from NYC to Lake George (3-1/2 hours) for a little leg pulling ;-)

Rete
Old May 25th 2004, 7:06 am
Banned

Originally posted by Rete
Well now Jim and I did just that every other weekend for over four months. He drove from Ottawa to Lake George, NY (4 plus hours) and me from NYC to Lake George (3-1/2 hours) for a little leg pulling ;-)

Rete
Now Mack the OP is in trouble. He's going to have a lot of explaining to do
Old May 25th 2004, 7:18 am
Ray

Now its 15ft and I'm struggling for an excuse
Old May 25th 2004, 7:26 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

In our case, the K3 was the "fastest" option, Since Nebraska was our service center. It took 123 days from when we first filed until my arrival against the 200+ days people wait just to get their I-129 approved in NSC.
It is true that MSC has slowed down but while I was awaiting for my approval MSC had slowed down also.. Hopefully they will catch up like they did last November.
It doesn't matter if you are married or not, when there is love involved separation is very hard
I believe in marriage but I do not think a marriage certificate makes you love your partner more, it is holy union for life! and I am so glad I took the K3 route.
Old May 25th 2004, 7:33 am
Ray

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I believe in marriage but I do not think a marriage certificate makes you love your partner more, it is holy union for life!
Quite right !!! thats exactly what I said the first three times
Old May 25th 2004, 7:50 am
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi Mack,
Welcome. Jamie (sunflwrgrl13) is right when she says to start thinking "evidence". You are going to have to prove that you have met in person within the last two years prior to filing. Boarding passes from flights, credit card receipts/debit card purchases, hotel reservations (with both of your names, if possible), lots of photographs (if there are any easily recognizable landmarks where you meet up, take pictures there), etc. etc. etc. Keep anything that will prove your presence in the same place at the same time.

Takes some of the *romance* out of it, but it's a necessary thing. Good luck, and I agree with the rest of the group who said K1 through Vermont is probably your quickest choice.

~SecretGarden

P.S. There are plenty of us in the group who met on the net---don't feel bad about that one---quite common. And don't listen to Ray!

very very important to add to this (as we got RFE'd even though this kind of evidence was included already)
make sure in the many many pictures you take when you do meet (and this is important) prior to applying for the visa, that the date shows on the film somewhere. suggestions include using a camera that time and date stamps the film and posing with a newspaper from that day or some other place where the date clearly shows up next to you and your fiance.

You would be surprised how many folks don't take photos because one is shy or don't think to include the date somewhere. then they get the dreaded RFE! (request for further evidence)
Old May 25th 2004, 7:52 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right !!! thats exactly what I said the first three times

Oh no! We think alike :scared:
Old May 25th 2004, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

mpd131 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to let you know that we recently filed for the K-1 through Vermont and it only took a month to be approved as shown in the timeline below. So definitely your best choice!
Old May 25th 2004, 11:31 am

Originally posted by mpd131
Just wanted to let you know that we recently filed for the K-1 through Vermont and it only took a month to be approved as shown in the timeline below. So definitely your best choice!

Lucky Vermonters...
Old May 25th 2004, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

JessInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by AlisonPA
Can I just ask why haven't you met yet if you are so convinced you want to marry? Seems an awful waste of two years.
I can answer that. Neither of us had been financially stable enough to meet. We didn't have a vehicle or the funds necessary to travel the 800 miles to visit one another. We finally will be meeting in a couple weeks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.