Reload this Page >

k1 petition processing at nebraska

Wikiposts

k1 petition processing at nebraska

Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:33 am
Just Joined

n_cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy k1 petition processing at nebraska

When I looked at the processing times on the uscis website, I noticed that the k1 processing date has actually gone backward. On Nov 18th 2005, they were processing applications received on Oct 7th, 2005 and when I looked again recently, as of Dec 8th, 2005 they are processing Oct 1st, 2005 applications.
Does anyone know what's going on? Why have the dates gone backward, has this happened before? Is it because they are revisiting the applications?
Approximately how long is it taking in Nebraska? Can anyone who has been approved recently tell me how long it took? It's been just over 30 days since we got out 1st NOA.
Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k1 petition processing at nebraska

Originally Posted by n_cat
Does anyone know what's going on? Why have the dates gone backward, has this happened before? Is it because they are revisiting the applications?
If you hang around the forum long enough, you'll come to realize that this is quite normal and happens all the time. Posted processing dates bear little resemblance to real time! I understand that you're naturally anxious about this, but checking online processing times is the first step on the road to madness!

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by n_cat
When I looked at the processing times on the uscis website, I noticed that the k1 processing date has actually gone backward. On Nov 18th 2005, they were processing applications received on Oct 7th, 2005 and when I looked again recently, as of Dec 8th, 2005 they are processing Oct 1st, 2005 applications.
Approximately how long is it taking in Nebraska? Can anyone who has been approved recently tell me how long it took? It's been just over 30 days since we got out 1st NOA.
Thanks
Hi:

The list posted by CIS are quite simple -- on the day in question, the SC sends out a person to take the filing date off the oldest case still "on the shelf" -- that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I can envision a situation where ONE case might "fall through" the cracks and be placed "on the shelf" that morning -- and this becomes the "oldest case."

Also, it happens that typographical errors are made. I note for your particular situtation, the days in question are "1" and "7" -- two handwritten numbers that are often confused [especially since American custom is to not cross the seven symbol. Kind of like the slashed "zero" to distinquish it from the letter "o"].

Also, sometimes, petitions will be transferred from SC to another for resources allocation.

The above is pure speculation. However, the difference is small in this case.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

needhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant futureneedhelp has a brilliant future

Also, the dates have gone backwards for I-751 at NSC . The difference is one month. Is that normal as well?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:43 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by needhelp
Also, the dates have gone backwards for I-751 at NSC . The difference is one month. Is that normal as well?
Hi:

What is "normal"?

In addition to the above speculations, let me add another. Sometimes, the intake contract people don't process all the incoming applications in a timely manner [BTW, don't forget that the SC's handle many applications outside of marital visa petitions. There was a recent "retrogression" in many of the employment based visa numbers which caused a huge increase in combined I-140/485 adjustments.]

Again, it takes but ONE "older" case to cause the report to go backwards.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait until you get to AOS, then the dates really bounce around.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 1:18 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Lord... I remember the days when going through NSC was an 8 month or more ordeal...

Count your lucky stars.

That said, oldest case on the shelf gets the "date". If you've seen Pirates of the Caribbean, think of USCIS dates, and 1-800 given information this way: "They're more like guidelines, anyway."
Old Dec 13th 2005, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

n_cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elenfair
Lord... I remember the days when going through NSC was an 8 month or more ordeal...

Count your lucky stars.

That said, oldest case on the shelf gets the "date". If you've seen Pirates of the Caribbean, think of USCIS dates, and 1-800 given information this way: "They're more like guidelines, anyway."
Wow! Did it take 8 months to just get the k1 petition approved at NSC? That's a long wait! Well, if it comes to that I can't do anything but wait! I was excited that they were already on oct 7th cases on Nov 18th and was a little hopeful. Guess after reading all the experiences on this site, I realized that no 2 are the same and it all depends on my luck!

Thanks to all that replied - will keep waiting
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:12 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elenfair
Actually, the way Donna Coultice explained it to me (she was the Director of the CSC at the time when the CSC was selected to be the guinea pig test office to try out this new thing called the JIT Report) was that the date on the report was the notice date (don’t use the received or receipt date) on the last case that had been “taken off” of the shelf and given to an officer for processing.

They have index cards on the shelves, and when a contract worker takes his or her hand truck into the file room to retrieve a box (or two) of cases for an officer, the contract worker looks at the notice date of the last case he or she “takes off” of the shelf and writes that date on the index card. Sometime (or someday) later when the time comes to publish a new JIT Report, they go collect/record the most recent dates that had been written on the index cards. I’ve toured the CSC (many times), the TSC, the NSC (multiple times), the VSC and the NBC (multiple times), (plus the NVC and NRC although these last two are not service centers) and I always ask how they make their reports, and they follow the CSC’s model.

One small tid-bit of information that I found while on a subsequent tour of the CSC. While in the file room, I asked whether or not a given date on a JIT Report means they moved “all” of the cases from the shelf that had that particular notice date. The answer was no. The contract worker simply records the notice date of the last case he or she took off the shelf, but they don’t wade through cases still on the shelf to make sure they clear out “all” cases with that given notice date (which makes sense if the officer only wants 1 or 2 boxes of cases [the boxes they use usually hold around 25 cases each] but there are more than that many on the shelf with that particular notice date).

So if your particular notice date is the “exact same date” as on the report, than you “cannot” assume your case is off the shelf yet and you would have to wait for the “next” report to come out showing they moved “past” your notice date and then make your calculation of a realistic overdue date.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:28 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Very nifty, Mr U.

And yes, to the OP, the wait at NSC used to be... impossible... in 2003-2004... We filed in February, and were approved in September. My interview at the consulate was in November. People were flipping out, there were petitions... but nothing could be done. It was the year petitions had been shredded at the california service center, the year refugees sued and won (alleluia!) over their case load being ignored for years and years... it was awful, let me tell you.

During those times, waiting 8-10 months was not unheard of.

That was the wait without any RFEs, no hitches no glitches...