Wikiposts

K1 Next Step

Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

mystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nice
Default K1 Next Step

Hi everyone, I have a few questions regarding the next steps in our journey. I have got a letter stating the National Visa Center has recieved and approved I129F petition and that within a week it will be fowarded to the appropriate visa issuing post where your visa interview will take place.

This letter was dated November 20, 2009. It has our case number which begins with LND.

But my fiance who lives in England has not recieved anything on his end.

Question 1: Is this normal? Shouldn't he be getting something that includes all of this information?

"The fiancé(e) visa packet of a biographic data form DS-230-I Part I, Form DS-156 (in duplicate), Form DS-156K, (in duplicate), Form DS-157 (in duplicate), Form DS-2000 and a document checklist, form IV-15K."

Question 2: Is it ok that we already scheduled his medical for January 6, 2010 even though he has not got anything yet?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Jade84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Next Step

Originally Posted by mystasia
Hi everyone, I have a few questions regarding the next steps in our journey. I have got a letter stating the National Visa Center has recieved and approved I129F petition and that within a week it will be fowarded to the appropriate visa issuing post where your visa interview will take place.

This letter was dated November 20, 2009. It has our case number which begins with LND.

Question 1: Is this normal? Shouldn't he be getting something that includes all of this information?

"The fiancé(e) visa packet of a biographic data form DS-230-I Part I, Form DS-156 (in duplicate), Form DS-156K, (in duplicate), Form DS-157 (in duplicate), Form DS-2000 and a document checklist, form IV-15K."

Question 2: Is it ok that we already scheduled his medical for January 6, 2010 even though he has not got anything yet?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice!!!!
Yep, its normal. He won't receive anything for a couple weeks, and when he does, it will just be a letter from the Embassy with a link that he can go to to start filling in the proper forms that he will then need to send off to the embassy to obtain an interview date. I know this because I'm in that step now. (I'm the USC but I'm doing my fiance's paperwork because I'm more organized than he is.)

Don't worry - it will come. In the mean time, your fiance can go ahead and start filling in the forms online and start compiling all of the extra stuff that he will need to take to the interview.

Your medical date is the same as ours! What a small world.

One thing I learned yesterday, you have to take these little passport photos to the interview that will eventually go on one of the forms that has to be filled out in duplicate. When you go for the medical, go to this place by the embassy - goulds pharmacy - they can do the photos for you in the correct size, which is very specific. We live in York and I couldn't find anywhere that I trust to do them properly.

Best of luck!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

He will... give it 3-4 weeks. In the meantime, he should apply for his ACPO certificate.

Ian
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

mystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nicemystasia is just really nice

Already on the police certificate and all the documents needed. Thank you for the tip!! I am very organized when it comes to getting those things together. Its more of the process and times I always seem to have questions on. I will be flying over to be with him for a few weeks on December 23, and I will take care of organizing the paper work and all that. In the event that he hasnt gotten anything by then (which would then be a full month since I got my notification of it being sent over) what would we do? I was really hoping to find a case status checker on the london embassy site, but no such luck.

Jade84, what time is your medical appointment, Chris's is at 10:50am. I wonder if I will just end up sitting in the waiting room. Thanks for the tip on the photographs, for the initial I134F Chris went to some place in Burnley for his pictures, I havent checked but I wonder if they will work for all these photographs that will be needed.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't get too hung up on the photo issue, tbh. All that is required is bog standard US spec passport photos, nothing special. Here are the requirements

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/photo.html

They don't even have to have a white border, so if you have the right bits and peices you can even do them yourself at home.

Failing that, any good photographers should be able to do them, just give them the specs.

Goulds pharmacy is useful but only really if you're actually going to the embassy as it's 100 yards away.

It's good to know about Goulds but if it were me I would have the photos done in advance - it's risky leaving it to the day of the interview or medical. What would you do if they weren't able to do it on the day, for whatever reason? (apart from panic )
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Already on the police certificate and all the documents needed. Thank you for the tip!! I am very organized when it comes to getting those things together. Its more of the process and times I always seem to have questions on. I will be flying over to be with him for a few weeks on December 23, and I will take care of organizing the paper work and all that. In the event that he hasnt gotten anything by then (which would then be a full month since I got my notification of it being sent over) what would we do? I was really hoping to find a case status checker on the london embassy site, but no such luck.

Jade84, what time is your medical appointment, Chris's is at 10:50am. I wonder if I will just end up sitting in the waiting room. Thanks for the tip on the photographs, for the initial I134F Chris went to some place in Burnley for his pictures, I havent checked but I wonder if they will work for all these photographs that will be needed.
Oli's medical is at 1pm. Are you going the Knightsbridge location that they tell you to use "map B" for? If so, we'll probably cross paths at some point!

Regarding the photos for the DS 156 (I think that's the one that requires photos), you can go to this link and click the link that says "photographs".

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

From there, it will show you exactly how they should measure. Its pretty ridiculous.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jade84

From there, it will show you exactly how they should measure. Its pretty ridiculous.
There is a BIG difference between UK and US size it may seem ridiculous but would you want to risk another hiccup by getting the size wrong?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

In the event that he hasnt gotten anything by then (which would then be a full month since I got my notification of it being sent over) what would we do? .
I believe if you look at others' timelines you'll find that it will be about a month before he hears anything.

Then he returns the checklist, and the interview is set for about a month after that..

That's off the top of my head, but several K-1ers have recently posted, so a little subject line reading should net you some results.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by traceym
There is a BIG difference between UK and US size it may seem ridiculous but would you want to risk another hiccup by getting the size wrong?
Of course not. That's why I posted the link to help her know exactly what size photos she needs. Sheesh.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jade84
Oli's medical is at 1pm. Are you going the Knightsbridge location that they tell you to use "map B" for? If so, we'll probably cross paths at some point!

Regarding the photos for the DS 156 (I think that's the one that requires photos), you can go to this link and click the link that says "photographs".

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

Yes it is the map b one! Thank you for the link on the photographs. This site is sooooo helpful!

Thank you so much to everyone for all the advice!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Fatmike85 will become famous soon enoughFatmike85 will become famous soon enough

Can I ask you a question? Did you just book the medical when you received I-129F approval? I thought I read you needed your interview date before that could be booked. I am currently at the same stage, maybe a little behind you. I have all the pack 3 forms filled out, most of the supporting evidence and need to get the medical sorted, but I stalled a bit on the check list as it asked for the date of the medical.

On a thread I started someone suggested just putting down any date, one that I wanted, but it seems to be the case that I can book it without having my interview date? Is this correct?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fatmike85
Can I ask you a question? Did you just book the medical when you received I-129F approval? I thought I read you needed your interview date before that could be booked. I am currently at the same stage, maybe a little behind you. I have all the pack 3 forms filled out, most of the supporting evidence and need to get the medical sorted, but I stalled a bit on the check list as it asked for the date of the medical.

On a thread I started someone suggested just putting down any date, one that I wanted, but it seems to be the case that I can book it without having my interview date? Is this correct?
You can book a medical anytime - although Knightsbridge will ask for your receipt / case number and that only comes with the NOA2 / packet 3 letter.

So you can go ahead and book your medical once you've received the packet 3 letter. The results are valid for one year.

For other people who wish to wait and book their medicial nearer the time of their interview - one way of doing this is to return the IV-15 checklist and write something like "I will book my medical once I have the time / date of my interview".

Generally, it's good to have the medical done and out of the way well in advance of the interview. (Note: It is a requirement that the medical be conducted before the interview). That way, in the unlikely event of further information being needed by the doctor, there's plenty of time to sort issues out without affecting the issuance of the visa.

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Dec 17th 2009 at 10:13 am.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Fatmike85 will become famous soon enoughFatmike85 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
You can book a medical anytime - although Knightsbride will ask for your receipt / case number and that only comes with the NOA2 / packet 3 letter.

So you can go ahead and book your medical once you've received the packet 3 letter. The results are valid for one year.

For other people who wish to wait and book their medicial nearer the time of their interview - one way of doing this is to return the IV-15 checklist and write something like "I will book my medical once I have the time / date of my interview".

Generally, it's good to have the medical done and out of the way well in advance of the interview. (Note: It is a requirement that the medical be conducted before the interview). That way, in the unlikely event of further information being needed by the doctor, there's plenty of time to sort issues out without affecting the issuance of the visa.
Thanks!

One more thing...seems simple, yet it is confusing me. What does 'in duplicate' mean for DS-156/157? How many copies must I complete? It will only be me applying for a visa.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks!

One more thing...seems simple, yet it is confusing me. What does 'in duplicate' mean for DS-156/157? How many copies must I complete? It will only be me applying for a visa.
Yw

Some more info for you about the medical http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...v/medexam.html

Re the forms -

Complete:

1 x Form DS-230-Part 1 Signed
1 x Form DS-157K Unsigned
2 X Form DS-156 Unsigned (two copies of the form that is generated online)
2 x Form DS-157 Unsigned

Note: With the DS-156 you need two copies, not two separate forms - each time you complete a DS-156 online it generates a unique barcode. So, complete one and copy it.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...rocessing.html
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:09 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

FM,

It means 2 copies.
[Middle English, from Latin duplictus, past participle of duplicre, to double, from duplex, duplic-, twofold; see dwo- in Indo-European roots.]

Regards, JEff

What does 'in duplicate' mean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.