Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

k1 for mumbai your consider phony most likely

k1 for mumbai your consider phony most likely

Old Nov 22nd 2002, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k1 for mumbai your consider phony most likely

ok I am back and so angry that the consulate thinks we are phony cause we did k1 and not k3. Well how stupid is this, meet for the first time and get married, thats fishy if you get married after meeting only for a few days, actually they want you to make arrangements for a marriage without meeting yet. How stupid is this. Lovely I might have to go all the way back to india to get married and the kids have to go with me. This will be hard on the kids esp they will not be use to the life there. How nice is this. My own country thinks I am phony, this is amazing

So if you do fiance visa in india, better not, get married there. Also my parents won't see me get married.

amy
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused. Have you never met your fiance in person before? Please elaborate.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Scout
I am confused. Have you never met your fiance in person before? Please elaborate.

Cheers,

Leslie
I think she met him once in person and then filed the K-1. What Amy is saying is that she might have to go back to get married and then file a K-3.

Amy, did the consulate get back to you about the administrative review with the information that they thought you were phony? You know, if you have to get married in India and do the K-3 visa, you can always have a wedding ceremony in the US with your family. I know it is very annoying, but at least your parents will see you get married

Caroline
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers,

Leslie
YES I did meet him, and they still think we are phony. We have known each other for over two years and I went to see him in february. But still they think I am phony, professional degree, hmmmm

How can I live in this country thinking my own govt thinks I am phony

amy
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for explaining. It just wasn't clear to me. Now, that being said I think this just sucks. It sounds like now is the time to get your Congressperson or Senator involved. It surely can't hurt your case at this point.

Leslie
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for explaining. It just wasn't clear to me. Now, that being said I think this just sucks. It sounds like now is the time to get your Congressperson or Senator involved. It surely can't hurt your case at this point.

Leslie
I have a lawyer on the case, a very powerful lawyer and congressman and senators. I am fighting real hard. I have affidavits from family and friends that they know we are getting married, from my side and his.

amy
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

I guess I have to go back to India to get married. I have to bring my one son there who is young. I have to expose him to different living style plus he will have to get about at least six vaccination shots. I hope he can live through a 20 hour flight. Thanks to the usa govt. I have to tell my boss i need an absence of leave. Very inconvience. I have not got an official word from the consulate yet but all of its hearsay. I guess me being white and have kids makes me a phony and that hes a phony cause he loves me.

amy
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

snake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k1 for mumbai your consider phony most likely

You've only spent a few days with him and you are already engaged?

Maybe that is the cause of their suspicion.
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by amys
I guess I have to go back to India to get married. I have to bring my one son there who is young. I have to expose him to different living style plus he will have to get about at least six vaccination shots. I hope he can live through a 20 hour flight. Thanks to the usa govt. I have to tell my boss i need an absence of leave. Very inconvience. I have not got an official word from the consulate yet but all of its hearsay. I guess me being white and have kids makes me a phony and that hes a phony cause he loves me.

amy
I spent well over a week with him, and known him for over 2 years now, with phone bills of $900 a month and emails that can sink a ship. Plus they have issued visas with people only seen each other for a week with no problem. Why is ours any different.

amy
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

snake is an unknown quantity at this point

Take this with a grain of salt because it is only my opinion ...

I can understand that traveling across the world for most people is quite difficult, both financially and otherwise. However, the idea of marrying someone after only having physically spent a week with them is taking quite a step. Don't expect to be able to determine in the three months your fiancee will be in the US before you have to get married if it is going to work out. You will be too busy dealing with your fiancee's culture shock and getting him acustomed to life in the US.

You say -- why should I have to travel to his country and get married first there. It is too hard to take time off work and take my child out of the country. However, you are talking about marrying this guy. If you can't bear the inconvenience of visiting him again, maybe you aren't emotionally and mentally prepared to get married. Sure there are plenty of examples of people who meet online, go and visit their future fiancee for a few days and then get married. However, I expect the majority of these relationships don't work out. You really need to physically spend time with someone to be able to determine if you are truly compatable as a life partner.
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 10:43 pm
Mrtravel

Your first post confused me.
No one said you had to get married on your first meeting to get a K-3.
Many people get K-3 that got married after more than one meeting.

Your latest post is also illogical.

What's the issue with exposing your son to your future husband and his
family?
What's this "different lifestyle" you are concern about him seeing?
Why do you believe your young son might not live though a 20 hour
flight. Are you really flying 20 hours nonstop? How old is your son? My
daughter flew from Siberia at age 5. This involved about 27 hours of
travel, I think. Guess what, she lived. Not only that, she had to be
exposed to a California lifestyle.

The consulate is concerned about fraudulent marriages. Do you know
why??? Maybe they actually have more experience with this than you do.
If it is quite a bit outside the norm for the country your husband is
from, then why would you not expect some suspicion. Like it or not, it
might not be considered a normal thing for a Indian man to marry a
divorce women with a young son. You say the relationship isn't phony.
Would you not agree that some relationships that go through this
consulate are phoney? What are they supposed to do, take your word for
it? How much time have you actually spent with this person?

amys wrote:
    >
    > I guess I have to go back to India to get married. I have to bring my
    > one son there who is young. I have to expose him to different living
    > style plus he will have to get about at least six vaccination shots. I
    > hope he can live through a 20 hour flight. Thanks to the usa govt. I
    > have to tell my boss i need an absence of leave. Very inconvience. I
    > have not got an official word from the consulate yet but all of its
    > hearsay. I guess me being white and have kids makes me a phony and that
    > hes a phony cause he loves me.
    >
    > amy
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Nov 22nd 2002, 10:46 pm
Mrtravel

amys wrote:

>
    > I spent well over a week with him, and known him for over 2 years now,
    > with phone bills of $900 a month and emails that can sink a ship. Plus
    > they have issued visas with people only seen each other for a week with
    > no problem. Why is ours any different.

"Well over a week"?? Wow........ that's significant. I see you have
taken all of the precautions to protect your son. If you phone bills
have been over $900 per month, then you haven't really spent much time
searching for alternative ways of calling. As someone may have explained
already, yours is different, because it falls outside of the norms for
his culture, and there is a lot of visa fraud that passes through that
consulate.

Old Nov 22nd 2002, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

The best way to call to india is by 42 cent/min by my phone company. I used calling cards before and its horrible they cheat you and very bad connections, like overlapping each other. I talk hours and hours almost every 3 days to talk to him and just cry. I don't want to expose my son to the poverty and diseases unless he really has to.

What gets me (NO OFFENSE), males can pick a russian girl out of a catalog and meet her just once and get her with no problem. (i know its different now but it was like this for a long time). I guess being a women still sucks in this country. Its a mans world still. My case is no different than theirs. And also the consulate has approved cases when the fiance has met only for a short time.

So you are saying mr travel that all people who only met short time should be considered fraud.

I guess we should have done things illegal then he will be here with me. I guess going by the legal ways is wrong. The innocent people lose and the bad people win.

I don't know if you knew deepti case, she was divorce twice and has two kids and went only for a week. They got approved with a k1 that day. SO what makes my case any different than hers. Theres no consistency there. I guess they deny when ever they feel like it. I guess the consular had a bad night with his wife/girlfriend and figure he can screw up our lives.

amy
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Mrtravel
amys wrote:

Ok I get it cause I have a child I am commiting fraud. This makes so much sense. I get it now all along I thought we were legit cause we love each other, but I guess we are fraud cause I have a child. WOW, shame on me for having a child.

See your daughter only had to fly one trip, my son has to travel 2 times then to come back to the states. DO you want to live in India for 3 months. Your daugther is not going to india she went to the usa. BIG difference.My son will be devastated no playstation, no dvd movies, none of his favorate toys. I have to go back to india just to prove to the sadistic bastards that we are real.

Plus my fiance is from bombay he has alot of western values if you know what i mean. He was not grown up in the typical indian cultural family.

amy
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

gracejilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not very clear

Amy,

Did someone at the consulate tell you that they think your relationship is fraudulent, or are you assuming because you have heard nothing. Your posts are not all that clear...more ranting about the country sucks than stating facts of the case. I assume your 129F petition was approved, has your fiance had an interview with the consulate? What did they tell him? I am having trouble following your story.

Edit/delete post | Report this post to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.