Reload this Page >

K1 Montreal - Please Help

K1 Montreal - Please Help

Old Feb 7th 2004, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

tutor4tavana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Montreal - Please Help

Hello All,

My fiance and I had our interview in Montreal on November 4. They put me on admin review, which came back ok, and also requested original divorce certificate. I put my passport and document in the mail to them (as they had instructed) on December 10.

As of this week, they still have not touched my case. My K1 petition expired on 12/14 but my fiance had given the ConOff a handwritten note expressing her interest to still marry me (the conoff said that the note should extend the petition).

Every time I call they rudely tell me that its still being processed. Does anybody know if Montreal is backed up? Will they deny me saying that our petition had expired? Any suggestions as to what I can do to expedite this ridiculous process?

Our lives have been on hold for 12 months and we are both getting very desperate. Please any response will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tavana
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:26 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: K1 Montreal - Please Help

Tavana,

I wish I had an answer for you - I had my interview on Nov 5 and it went without any problems...

I'm bumping up this post hoping someone has an answer for you... I expect Admin Review is somewhat along the timelines of a 601 and may take a few months. It's odd that they haven't been able to really give you much of an answer yet...

Sorry to hear you guys are still waiting.

Elly
Old Feb 8th 2004, 2:03 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Montreal - Please Help

Tavana, my fiance went through Montreal. We had to submit an I-601 and were told we would get a phone call "when" it is approved. He's supposed to fed-ex his passport to them and they stamp it and send it back. Sounds sort of like your situation, but without the waiver.
I think they told him that he could come in person with his passport to get it stamped, to save time (which is what I think he may do). Is it possible that you could go there and pick it up? You did say the review is complete and you're just waiting for the stamp, correct? It sounds like they just have to verify your divorce document....what kind of "processing" could they be doing for 2 more months? As you can see from my timeline, it's over a year since our 1st NOA. I wouldn't worry about an extension, as you already had your interview. I don't know of any delays with Montreal...they told us 6-8 weeks for an answer and it's only a few weeks past that.
I'm so sorry you're still waiting....it's so frustrating!! I hope you get your passport back soon
Clare