Reload this Page >

K1 medical & letter of intent questions

Wikiposts

K1 medical & letter of intent questions

Old Oct 18th 2001, 7:00 am
Megan

Hi everyone,

I've got more questions for ya...

My fiance was diagnosed with high blood pressure...and has been put on a strict diet
by his doctor. His doctor also told him that his hypertension would almost certainly
prevent him from passing the K-1 medical in London. I'm skeptical about that, so I'd
like to know if it's true.

Also, the way things are going, our letter of intent to marry (which extended the
approval and expires Oct. 30th) may well run out before we at last get an interview.
Can a 2nd letter of intent be used to extend the approval another 4 months?

Btw, London has not acknowledged receiving our fax...and when I asked I was told "Oh,
well sometimes they just put the fax on the mail pile and they get to it in the same
waiting period as the regular mail." Before, I was told I'd get a response in a few
days. Aaaaaahh! One woman has now told me if I address it to her, she'll try to help
(I was told before I couldnt send it to anyone specific) - but I dont hold out much
hope. Our best hope seems to be w/ my Congressman...who said that they will try
faxing the paperwork themselves...after the embassy gave them the same initial
infuriating response of "When he sends the forms in, he can get an interview...blah,
blah, blah". We've "only" sent it to them twice in the mail and twice by fax! Of
course, Nick has been having trouble getting to a fax machine cos of working...and
the one at work is broken. It's been 8 months since I've seen him...and it's driving
us crazy. At least we know that if we can get through this nightmare, we can get
through anything. Thanks for your help,

Megan

Old Oct 18th 2001, 7:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hypertension won't stop him from getting the visa. If that were the case, Alvena's husband would still be in Macu.

As for the Consulate in London, what is happening to you is so unusual. Anyway that you can fly there and hand deliver the paperwork yourself if the Congressperson's liaison is unsuccessful? And yes, fax and mail them another letter of intent and request for another extension. Send it via some type of registered mail with a receipt or via fedex or other courier service. In the same bloody package send another set of papers for the interview.

Rita
Old Oct 18th 2001, 9:17 am
Megan

>
    >

Rita,

Thanks...I didn't think so...but with all thats been happening....

>
    >

I'd be more than willing to fly there. By "hand deliver" - do you mean dropping off
the forms in the drop box? London was very quick to respond to my Congressman's first
fax to them, so I'm really hopeful that if they fax the forms, we'll have a quick
response (otherwise I'll go insane..)

>
    >

Hmmm...I've had trouble with their fax # personally...something about needing
an authorization code...not sure why. We've done all the faxing on Nick's side
of things.

>
    >
    >

It will definitely be registered...no use taking chances. I'm beginning to wonder if
our mail goes straight to the trash bin there! I'm also concerned about the police
certificate. We got it in late May...but that was after a delivery error cost us
about 4 weeks...so the date on it might actually be during April. Would they really
make us get a new one if it is more than 6 months old?

Thanks, a slightly relieved Megan

Old Oct 18th 2001, 9:46 am
Sue

[usenetquote2]> >Send it via some type of registered mail with a receipt or via fedex or other[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >courier service. In the same bloody package send another set of papers for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >interview.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Megan

Just to let you know I sent something important (normal letter-sized) by registered
mail and paid for return-receipt, sending from US to UK, and 2.5 weeks later it
hasn't arrived (and I'm getting desperate). Asking the US Post Office, they said
'well we could maybe start a trace but we're supposed to wait up to 60 days', and
'well it could take a week to arrive, or two, or sometimes longer so we can't really
tell you if it should have arrived yet'. The return-receipt form itself said that if
you make a claim (I suppose for compensation), not to enquire about progress until
after 90 days! (Sound like any other organisation you know ..?)

I recommend Fedex, UPS or other courier. I won't try international registered mail
again for sure. (Frustratingly I had sent other letters to the same destination
address, normal Air Mail, and they unfailingly got there in well under 1 week. This
time I thought I should take extra care and I'm kicking myself hard).

Old Oct 18th 2001, 11:48 am
Deb

Think yourself lucky you CAN actually speak to someone there. Im in Australia and
as Im told "they dont take calls" AND she "doesnt take messages". How the hell
are you supposed to find out ANYTHING in this complicated pedantic procedure!!!!
The receptionist is awful. I lost it the other day and told her that i was human
and a little bit of compassion on her part wouldnt go astray!!!!! Hail the day we
never have to deal with immigration again!!!! No matter how many years down the
track it is.

I dont know about your medical questions but we have just faxed through a letter of
intent (US Fiance has to) and request for extension. Dont know if we have the
extension yet because they DONT TAKE CALLS!!!!!!!!

Good luck!! Deb

Old Oct 18th 2001, 10:09 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Megan wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
The INS doctor in looking for medical problems that:
1. might be a public health threat or a threat to others around him.
2. might cause the immigrant to be unable to work.
3. might lead to the immigrant's becoming a disabled "ward of the state."

Hypertension is none of the above. It is the most common cardiovascular disease in
the entire world. It will not cause your fiance to flunk a medical exam. Your fiance
should bring a letter from the physician to the medical exam doctor which states that
he has hypertension and is under treatment and that he is experiencing no undue
problems from the disease. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Oct 19th 2001, 3:14 am
Doug Melville

Hi Deb,

who are you referring to ... the doctor, the consulate or what ???

Doug (Oz)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 19th 2001, 3:58 am
Megan

>
    >
    >

Yeouch, sorry to hear that Deb.

>

Thanks, we need it! Megan

Old Oct 19th 2001, 4:01 am
Megan

>
    >
    >

Thanks Alvena, we sure will!

Megan

Old Oct 21st 2001, 1:45 pm
Deb

"Doug Melville" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Hi doug, the consulate are the trouble. Are you dealing with the Sydney office?

Deb

Old Oct 22nd 2001, 4:04 am
Doug Melville

Yep, sydney

see my website for details of the problems i have been having contacting the
consulate by phone, OTOH, emails sent were answered within 3 hours the next
business day.

the email address is on their website [email protected]

cheers

Doug

http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/ho...elanie-n-Doug/

Deb <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > Hi Deb,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > who are you referring to ... the doctor, the consulate or what ???[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Doug (Oz)[/usenetquote2]
    >
office?
    >
    >