Wikiposts

K1 Medical Experience

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 Medical Experience

Hi all, thought I'd post this as it was a bit different to what I'd expected from the website. Of course depending on an individuals issues I suppose they could all be different, but I've only been in hospital once for dental work, had no surgery, had one spell of what was described as "reactive depression" and otherwise am in good health, so here's how it went for me.

I duly got up at the screak of dawn (well before dawn really at 3.50 am) and flew to London to be fleeced by those lovely posh doctors in Knightsbridge.

I arrived to a pretty full waiting room for my 1.30 pm appointment and thought it was going to take ages, but similar to what I've read about the embassy themselves, I should have feared not because it is a well oiled machine!

First I completed a supplementary form, just ticking boxes yes or no and permitting them to do the blood test for HIV. I was then taken by a very jolly gentleman, and had to undress my top half, put on a robe and had a chest x-ray taken. I was then put in to a small waiting area, for ladies only, where I waited for my main medical. About 10 minutes later another pleasant guy came and collected me.

The Dr. was another chatty guy who hailed from Cork, he sounded my chest and lungs, checked my height and weight, took a blood sample, asked a few questions about prior illnesses. He did ask me about my period of depression, but I had already got a letter from my doctor outlining how long it lasted, what his diagnosis was and the prognosis too, so other than me confirming the situation (long working hours, exhaustion, end of a long term relationship, death of a 17.5 year old pet) he asked nothing more. He then checked my ears, and throat, I did a short eye test, I got on the couch and he felt around my stomach a little, checked my pulse in my feet and that was it!

No checking of extremities or lady bits as was listed on the web site. So all in all I think it took about an hour. I was automatically given a copy of the vaccination worksheet (for my AOS) and as I'd had to have all the vaccinations recently because my Dr doesn't have any childhood records, the only thing at my age that is necessary when I do AOS is Varicella.

So hoping that if I haven't heard from them by the end of the week that I shall live to fight another day and have another box ticked in the ole K1 journey.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 5:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Medical Experience

Sooooo.. better than you had feared, yes?

I guess we are just going to have to take your word for it that they're lady bits afterall.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Well I could provide a written statement from my fiance if that's any good lol!! Yer a bad woman M!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Well I could provide a written statement from my fiance if that's any good lol!! Yer a bad woman M!!!
I know.. it's the north wind blowing in. I've got the devil.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy,

Pulse in the feet? So on top of erm how shall I put it, having a nice 'hairdo' to prove I'm a girl, I've now got to fork out for a pedicure too! Great, more money

Re the Chickenpox, my doctor has done us a 'free' blood test to prove we've had it and has given us a print out which he's signed, every little helps as they say!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well T. I did have on pink varnish on my toenails, maybe that's why they didn't check my lady bits lol.

Good point on chickenpox stuff, might call the travel nurse and see if they can do that for me.

M
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:03 am
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of

Well done Mandy, glad it was smooth.

Honestly, at the time I had NO idea why she took a peek, I thought she was checking my scars! Oh I am so naive haha!
I was wearing black toenail polish. That was probably why my sexuality was 'verified'... all those emo kids are to blame
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

LOL hmmmmm I also confess that even being fully dressed you couldn't mistake my lady bumps for anything other than old originals. They are a bit in your face and not at all tennis ball shaped so you'd know I was born with them lol!

Yeah that androgenous (excuse most dodgy spelling) nail varnish look will definitely have you tested. Well either that or they thought even if I had some STD's I'm too old to be going to shag my way around the USA (little do they know