Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 London interview timescales

Wikiposts

K1 London interview timescales

Old Oct 13th 2009, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Question K1 London interview timescales

Just trying to plan the final bit of our process and wondered if anyone could tell me roughly how long the wait is from telling them you are ready for interview and the actual interview date?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 London interview timescales

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Just trying to plan the final bit of our process and wondered if anyone could tell me roughly how long the wait is from telling them you are ready for interview and the actual interview date?
Hi Mandy,

My interview date was 3 weeks from when I sent back the IV-15 telling them I was ready, so beware, it can come around very quickly. The actual interview letter itself arrived only a week after sending off the IV-15.

(I sent my IV-15 on the 6th of the month, received my interview letter on the 13th of that same month for an interview in just over two weeks time!!!)

Don't forget it also depends upon what someone has indicated on the IV-15 or covering letter regarding when they want to get married or when they are intending to travel.

The embassy will take those dates into account (or at least they usually do). So, for example, if someone sent off their IV-15 on the 1st November saying they want to travel and get married asap then they might expect to get an interview date within 3 weeks / 1 month, like I did.

However, if someone sent their IV-15 back on the 1st November saying they weren't intending to travel before February 2010 then they might expect to get an inteview date in late December / early January as the embassy ususally tries to give the applicant as much benefit from the visa's validity date as possible (6 months to use it to travel).

Hope that heps
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Well thank you kindly Miss YWFWT, I should have saved myself the bother and just pm'd you - I knew you'd know lol!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Well thank you kindly Miss YWFWT, I should have saved myself the bother and just pm'd you - I knew you'd know lol!
Why, I'm sure your most welcome miss Mandy! (trying to get me Anne Of Green Gables accent off pat )

I meant to say in my original reply, irrespective of how near or far away one's interview is, the embassy will usually send the interview letter out about 3 / 4weeks before the interview date. I.e. you will only ever get about a month's notice.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:06 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Why, I'm sure your most welcome miss Mandy! (trying to get me Anne Of Green Gables accent off pat )
Don't get the Canadians after us, please!
(maybe Scarlett O'Hara?)
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't get the Canadians after us, please!
(maybe Scarlett O'Hara?)

Yes, sorry, I meant her. I was hearing Scarlett O'Hara in my head but seeing Anne Of Green Gables!!

A most unnecessary confusion for a body to make

(Ok I'll stop it's getting scary now )
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Yes, sorry, I meant her. I was hearing Scarlett O'Hara in my head but seeing Anne Of Green Gables!!

A most unnecessary confusion for a body to make

(Ok I'll stop it's getting scary now )
I had all those Anne of Green Gables books.. I wonder where they've gone?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

I adored Anne of Green Gables M. Oh and loving that new avatar pic lol!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
I had all those Anne of Green Gables books.. I wonder where they've gone?
I remember watching it on children's TV on the BBC in the early 70s, they made a series out of it. I loved it too
Old Oct 13th 2009, 10:18 am

I adored Anne of Green Gables M. Oh and loving that new avatar pic lol!
She has a pink wig too. I guess that's for Valentine's Day.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh I so wanted to be Anne lol!

Your poor furbie M. doesn't her wee scalp get all sweaty under that
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I so wanted to be Anne lol!
True story... the year before I moved south of the border, there was quite a bad fire at Green Gables in Cavendish, PEI - the actual house around which Montgomery wrote the tales. This was in May 1997. I was living in Halifax at the time and Sheila and I were dating! Because the house was such a popular place for tourists to the island, the PEI provincial government aided with funds from the Canadian federal government, completely rebuilt the house by the middle of June - about 2 weeks ahead of the Canada Day holiday. Later renovations added barns and other buildings to the site.

Ian
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

gingerkitten will become famous soon enoughgingerkitten will become famous soon enough

My experience is from 2007, so take it for what it's worth, but... I got my interview date 12 days after I mailed back all the Packet 3 stuff, and that interview date was set for less than 3 weeks later. VERY (unexpectedly!) quick turnaround for me.

Good luck - it's an exciting time!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: K1 London interview timescales

Well just thought I'd do a wee update. Medical all booked for 20th November and hoping that other than being overweight , there won't be any issues. I did have a short period of depression over three years ago but I've got a letter from my Doctor regarding that. I've had my MMR and DTap jabs as they have none of my childhood vaccination records so hoping it will be relatively painless! Oh and will ask for copy of the DS3025 if no other vaccinations needed so I can add that to the AOS stuff.

I send of my IV-15 today and indicated that I wanted to travel March '10 with no date for wedding until visa granted .......... so we'll see! I'm hoping the interview will maybe happen end of Dec or beginning of January.

Off to see M. in LA on boxing day for a week. Seems strange to think that most likely that will be my last "holiday" in the US. I'm also looking in to studying Interior Design and having a whole career change - nothing like turning your life COMPLETELY upside down lol!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:48 am

Yes, Lady Muck, your good times are coming to an end! You're going to be another desperate housewife like the rest of us soon!

Interior Design.. wow! I hate picking out even paint, so we need more of your kind around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.