K1 Interview Write Up

Old Jan 14th 2019, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

01morrissonj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Interview Write Up

Given that I have read a few of these and found them very useful I thought I would write a review of my experience during the K1 Visa interview in the hope that someone finds mine as useful as I have found other peoples.My appointment was Friday 11th January at 11:30am.I travelled to London the night before and stayed at a place called The Chelsea Guest House. Small rooms, but cheap (for London) and a 30 minute walk away from the US Embassy.My fiancée and I arrived at the Embassy at 11:15am (15 minutes early as is recommended) we were asked for our passports and I was asked for my DS-160 before we went through airport style security. Empty pockets, belts off, shoes checked, bag checked. Drinks are allowed in if they are in a clear bottle and you are asked to drink some in front of the security guards.After security we walked up to the reception area where again I showed them my passport and DS-160, I was given a waiting number and told to head up to the first floor and wait on the right hand side.The first floor waiting area was a quiet, large area with maybe 100 people waiting. There are a number of large screens showing which interview window your number will be seen at. We waited maybe 30 minutes before my number came up on screen and we went over to the relevant interview window.They asked for my Passport and DS-160, along with my Police Record, Birth Certificates and Affidavit of Support, they checked through all these documents while asking me a few questions about our relationship and if the medical people contacted me about needing and follow up procedures (they hadn’t done). One thing that did catch us was when they asked for the passport or birth certificate of my future father in law as he is my financial sponsor, we didn’t realise that they would ask for something like this but having my fiancée there seemed to help and in the end not having those documents didn’t stop anything.They returned my documents and passport and asked us to sit back down and wait until my number cam up again, after 20 minutes or so we went up to another window where someone else asked us to take the pledge that all information we were giving was accurate and truthful. They then asked how and when we met, how long we’ve been in a relationship and how often we see each other, some pretty basic stuff really. Then they asked if I had a job to go into and or what line of employment I would be looking for once I was able to work and I explained that im a design engineering and would be looking for something in that field. The last question was how my future parents-in-law would be supporting us financially and what arrangements we had come to.After all that we were told that everything was successful and handed back all my documents as well as the photographs we submitted as part of the petition (they kept my passport) and we walked away happy.All in all we were in there for maybe an hour and a half, but most of that was just waiting around, they were quite busy but seemed to process people very quickly.

Hope this write up helps someone!

Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2019, 10:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Interview Write Up

Always great to see someone 'giving back' to BE, it keeps the site up to date and relevant. Thanks!
Old Jan 14th 2019, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Interview Write Up

Thank you for the write up. Glad it was successful.

As for their asking for the sponsor's passport or birth certificate, The sponsor must be either a USC or US PR and living in the US. Believe the requirement to show one or the other is in the instructions.