Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 interview on wednesday

K1 interview on wednesday

Old Aug 30th 2002, 8:10 am
Morkai Kurst

Default K1 interview on wednesday

Hi,

Going for my K1 interview at the london embassy on wednesday, just a couple of quick
questions..

1) I know I need to take copies of originals I don't want to actually hand over like
birth certificate, police certificate etc but will they need copies of things like
my congrats on your engagement cards that I'm taking as 'evidence of your
engagement' for form DS-156. Or is that just something they might want to see?

2) Had a few problems with our affidavit and I don't have it yet - He is going to
send me scans of the evidence and the form itself. If he can get an hour off work
on tuesday morning he is going to go and get it notorised then and will send me a
scan of the notorised form. Will they accept that at all or will they want the
originals? I can see me having to make a second trip down there. If it wasn't for
labor day he could have fed-ex'd it to me for tuesday *sigh*

Thanks kindly

Morkai

Old Aug 30th 2002, 12:17 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 interview on wednesday

Hi there
Unfortunately i think that they are going to want the original of the affidavit.

Also make copies of everything that you are submitting for evidence thats the best way in case they want to see the originals and keep the copies which in sme cases they might.

Good luck with the interview.

Originally posted by Morkai Kurst:
Hi,

Going for my K1 interview at the london embassy on wednesday, just a couple of quick
questions..

1) I know I need to take copies of originals I don't want to actually hand over like
birth certificate, police certificate etc but will they need copies of things like
my congrats on your engagement cards that I'm taking as 'evidence of your
engagement' for form DS-156. Or is that just something they might want to see?

2) Had a few problems with our affidavit and I don't have it yet - He is going to
send me scans of the evidence and the form itself. If he can get an hour off work
on tuesday morning he is going to go and get it notorised then and will send me a
scan of the notorised form. Will they accept that at all or will they want the
originals? I can see me having to make a second trip down there. If it wasn't for
labor day he could have fed-ex'd it to me for tuesday *sigh*

Thanks kindly

Morkai
Old Aug 30th 2002, 11:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with K. They will require an originally signed affidavit of support. Is there anyway your fiancee can complete it this weekend, have it notarized and overnight it to you for delivery on Tuesday? If it can be taken to Fedex today (Saturday) it will be delivered by Tuesday.

Good luck

Rete
Old Aug 31st 2002, 1:31 am
Morkai Kurst

I thought that might be the answer.

Nope, the bank doesn't open on saturday and he needs to get the lady at the bank to
sign the letter confirming his account info. She gave him some blank bank letterhead
and told him to put on there what he needed, the info about the amount deposited over
the past year she emailed to him last night. He needs to write the letter and take it
in so she can confirm the facts and sign it for him. She was going to email the info
to him at the beginning of the week but she was off sick and no-one else at the bank
was being very helpful.

So we are snookered. I shall have to hope they will accept the scanned copies and
approve me pending me taking the originals in as soon as I get them. He has an
appointment at the bank first thing tuesday morning to finish everything off so the
scans will be complete - he can fed-ex it to me on wednesday probably so i'll have
them before the end of the week.

Thanks to you both

Morkai

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have to agree with K. They will require an originally signed affidavit of
    > support. Is there anyway your fiancee can complete it this weekend, have it
    > notarized and overnight it to you for delivery on Tuesday? If it can be taken to
    > Fedex today (Saturday) it will be delivered by Tuesday.
    > Good luck
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 31st 2002, 1:58 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

In Caps for Attention Grabbing

HE DOES NOT NEED A BANK STATEMENT IF IS INCOME QUALIFIES HIM.

If that is true then don't wait for the bank. It is not necessary.

Rete
Old Aug 31st 2002, 5:43 am
Morkai Kurst

Default Re: K1 interview - Thanks Rete

Thanks kindly Rete

It's notorised and ready to go, he's just on his way to the fed-ex building now.
Gonna send it for am delivery tuesday - fingers crossed, I'm leaving for london
straight from work tuesday evening

Morkai