Wikiposts

K1 Interview questions

Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

benzine87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Interview questions

Hi all, im finally at the stage of getting my visa interview in London in a couple weeks time. Ive had the medical and everythings all good. I did have some questions about the whole thing though:

Firstly i know showing you have money to live on while you are there, presumeably until you can get a job is important, but on the forms i had listed as suitable evidence were things like ownership of shares or statements from senior banking officials. I was juat wondering if my bank account statements are useable and what constitutes as enough money in their eyes. I have US around $30,000 and im living rent free when i arrive so is this fine>? This being the case i assume i done need an affadavit of suppport?

Secondly i was wondering how much evidence that we have actually met i need, i stayed with her in America last year, and she stayed with me this year, actually having gone home about a week ago. Currently i have photos of us together recently at stonehange, and online conversations i can take, is anything else a good idea as well?

The questions they ask i assume are about what you will do for work when you arrive, when the wedding is planned for and the information you gave on the forms i assume?

Just to check the forms i need to take are as follows: Passport, police check x2, Birth certificate x2, 2 american apssport photos, evidence of finances, evidence of having met my fiancee, medical form

Lastly is the interview formal, ie should i dress smartly etc or just how i would normally. Obviously i want to create the right impression but dont want to have to take a suit with me (i have to stay overnight due to an early appointment).

Im probably just worrying about nothing as usual, but i want everything to go off without a hitch. Thanks in advance for indulging my irrational nature

Last edited by benzine87; Jul 13th 2008 at 10:16 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Interview questions

I would suggest reposting in the Marriage Based Visa forum they know lots about this stuff. In fact, many of these issues have recently been covered, so you want to have a look around there.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

benzine87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh, my mistake, ill repost post haste.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

LovingherBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benzine87
Hi all, im finally at the stage of getting my visa interview in London in a couple weeks time. Ive had the medical and everythings all good. I did have some questions about the whole thing though:

Firstly i know showing you have money to live on while you are there, presumeably until you can get a job is important, but on the forms i had listed as suitable evidence were things like ownership of shares or statements from senior banking officials. I was juat wondering if my bank account statements are useable and what constitutes as enough money in their eyes. I have US around $30,000 and im living rent free when i arrive so is this fine>? This being the case i assume i done need an affadavit of suppport?

Secondly i was wondering how much evidence that we have actually met i need, i stayed with her in America last year, and she stayed with me this year, actually having gone home about a week ago. Currently i have photos of us together recently at stonehange, and online conversations i can take, is anything else a good idea as well?

The questions they ask i assume are about what you will do for work when you arrive, when the wedding is planned for and the information you gave on the forms i assume?

Just to check the forms i need to take are as follows: Passport, police check x2, Birth certificate x2, 2 american apssport photos, evidence of finances, evidence of having met my fiancee, medical form

Lastly is the interview formal, ie should i dress smartly etc or just how i would normally. Obviously i want to create the right impression but dont want to have to take a suit with me (i have to stay overnight due to an early appointment).

Im probably just worrying about nothing as usual, but i want everything to go off without a hitch. Thanks in advance for indulging my irrational nature
My fiance had his interview in London May 2nd.. so I'm fresh out of this stage.. so I will help as much as I can....

as for the support... If you are using assests and not income the assests have to be double the mininum income for the number of house hold members that will be living with you.

London is known for not asking for much relationship evidence.. they didn't ask for anything from us but this is what I had him take to the interview...
- 25 pictures: dated and labled.
- online conversations
- emails
- phone records
- plane ticket stubs (boarding passes)
- copies of my passport pages showing I've been in the UK for visits and for how long
- new Letter of intent.. and if your interview is taken place more than 4 months after your NOA2 it's best to have the letter of intent notarized.
- I had a letter from my mom and his dad just saying our relationship is legit.

questions at the interview - they try to catch you out alot of times. Make sure if they call your fiance your wife you correct them. also if they ask what your gonna do for work you have to say something along the lines of you have to wait until you get your EAD to work. London isn't too hard. it's really an anticlimax.. My fiance's interview took not even 10 min.. he was asked 3 questions "when did we start talking?" "how long have we been together?" and "what hobbies do we have in common?" so if you're not hiding or lying about anything you'll be fine.

My fiance dressed in a suite but I don't think it's formal.. but I'm not sure.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LovingherBrit
Its not formal . . . but its wise to dress smartly. I would go with a polo or button up shirt and either smart jeans or trousers.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LovingherBrit
My fiance had his interview in London May 2nd.. so I'm fresh out of this stage.. so I will help as much as I can....

as for the support... If you are using assests and not income the assests have to be double the mininum income for the number of house hold members that will be living with you.

London is known for not asking for much relationship evidence.. they didn't ask for anything from us but this is what I had him take to the interview...
- 25 pictures: dated and labled.
- online conversations
- emails
- phone records
- plane ticket stubs (boarding passes)
- copies of my passport pages showing I've been in the UK for visits and for how long
- new Letter of intent.. and if your interview is taken place more than 4 months after your NOA2 it's best to have the letter of intent notarized.
- I had a letter from my mom and his dad just saying our relationship is legit.

questions at the interview - they try to catch you out alot of times. Make sure if they call your fiance your wife you correct them. also if they ask what your gonna do for work you have to say something along the lines of you have to wait until you get your EAD to work. London isn't too hard. it's really an anticlimax.. My fiance's interview took not even 10 min.. he was asked 3 questions "when did we start talking?" "how long have we been together?" and "what hobbies do we have in common?" so if you're not hiding or lying about anything you'll be fine.

I don't think London is generally trying to catch someone out.

They asked my fiance about work - he said "I'm a veterinarian".

If you're there bothering to apply for the K-1, I don't believe they generally think you're looking to work unauthorized.

As near as I can see, the interview is by far the easiest part of the process.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:39 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thread closed; discussion continues here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548891