Wikiposts

K1 Interview Question

Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Interview Question

Originally posted by sibsie
There has been a lot of talk about the link to autism and sadly the reseach funding isn't there to prove there is no link. There was an MMR night on UK TV a while back and no one could disprove the link.

There's too much of a risk for me to want the combined injection and many parents feel the same. It's all up to individual choice. Mine and Mr Blair's is to have it done as indivual jabs.
I'm just playing devil's advocate here. If this is the case, and docs really thought there was a link, how come the data doesn't show this for the US?? As I mentioned, it is standard for children to get this shot. If they don't get it, they don't go to school, full stop.

As far as what I know (which may not be much!) there have been no increases in autism in the US, and we've all been getting this shot for at least the last 25 years. I would have thought that if there is a link, there should be more than adequate data available since there's at least 25 years worth of it. I guess that since I got it as a kid, with no side effects at all, and having never met anyone who has, I think all this fear is unfounded. But, of course, that is just my humble opinion. As a scientist, I prefer to see hard data, which has not been produced thus far.

Next, docs will be saying there is a link between cancer & immunizations..or something like that.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
The thing is, what do we do when and if we want children? I hear they have to have the MMR or have them done separately to be able to attend school. It sure makes it difficult.
You are absolutely correct whistlestop. Children have no choice in getting the shot, if they are to attend school. I've had it, eveyone I know has had it, and I don't foresee them making a change in that law anytime soon. So basically, if you want your kids to go to school here in the US, they have to get it.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:50 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is, what do we do when and if we want children? I hear they have to have the MMR or have them done separately to be able to attend school. It sure makes it difficult.
I used to date a doc. Admittedly he was a cardio T surgeon so not up to date on MMR but he said if he had kids he wouldn't give them the combined jab.

In the UK they've stopped making the single dose injections for use under the NHS so the only alternative is to go privately. If I recall correctly the walk in docs at places like Waterloo, who's name escapes me does it, or at least used to.

I'm arranging to have mine done here in Spain. My doc here is Dutch and anti the combined jab too, so he's been really helpful.

Sunflowerg.

I don't know about the US and any studies done over there. Maybe it'll be like Mad Cow, where they vehemently deny it until they get a case themselves.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
You are absolutely correct whistlestop. Children have no choice in getting the shot, if they are to attend school. I've had it, eveyone I know has had it, and I don't foresee them making a change in that law anytime soon. So basically, if you want your kids to go to school here in the US, they have to get it.
They could have separate shots tho couldnt they?? Also I wanted to comment on something else that I hear the Americans do but I don't think its appropriate for the NG lol
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:53 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HighlandPenguin
Hi whistlestop01

Did the MMR give you much bother, as I am due my MMR shot this Thursday. Had the TD shot last week, felt as if I had been in a boxing round with my left arm

Regards

Scott
Just to chime in and give my 2c worth, I had my MMR shot 2 days before I moved to the US, and apart from a bit of a sore arm, I was fine. (Why DOES that teeny hole in your arm hurt as much as it does, anyway????????? )

Kate. xxxx
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:54 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

As far as what I know (which may not be much!) there have been no increases in autism in the US, and we've all been getting this shot for at least the last 25 years. I would have thought that if there is a link, there should be more than adequate data available since there's at least 25 years worth of it. I
I did a quick google on it. There is in fact a lot of reseach going on in the US and a very high increase in Autism in the US.

In California, USA, there was a 273% increase in the number of autistic children in 1987-98.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

I did a quick google on it. There is in fact a lot of reseach going on in the US and a very high increase in Autism in the US.

In California, USA, there was a 273% increase in the number of autistic children in 1987-98.
Hence why i dont want myself and DEFINITELY any future children we have to have them.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They could have separate shots tho couldnt they?? Also I wanted to comment on something else that I hear the Americans do but I don't think its appropriate for the NG lol
It might be possible to get the 3 separate shots, but I've not heard of any docs that offer that. But I've never actively searched for docs that would do that because I don't have any kids to worry about.

Other thing is, Whistlestop, is health insurance here in the US. Health insurance companies only cover medical aid given my your GP, and you are given a list of choices for GP's in your insurance network. If your GP won't offer it in 3 shots, and you go outside your network, you'll have to fork over the cost straight out of your pocket - the ins. won't cover it. Not sure how expensive immunizations are since I haven't needed any since I was a toddler.

So what's this other comment, eh? You'll have to share now, ya know. You can't say something like that and not elaborate. Why don't ya PM me??
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hence why i dont want myself and DEFINITELY any future children we have to have them.
But how much of that was also simply do to the sheer amount of population explosion in California? Also, consider the average age of parents now. I personally think that has some link to it. The older a woman is, the more likely the preganancy is going to have problems, which could result in autism.

Are these children who were born with autism or children that developed after being given vaccinations?? If they were born with it, then how is there a link with the MMR shot since they wouldn't have had the shot yet?

Edit: Also, how much of the rate increase is due to better diagnosis? Our technology has gained alot in the last decade and we can now diagnose a lot of diseases at earlier ages than before.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Jan 26th 2004 at 9:13 am.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

You got PM sunflwr

Last edited by whistlestop01; Jan 26th 2004 at 9:06 am.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:08 am
C.G.D.S

You got PM sunflwr
You wouldn't be talking about what they do to baby boys would you?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

You wouldn't be talking about what they do to baby boys would you?
You got that right sibsie!!

I reckon there will be big arguments when my fiance and I have a son lmao
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You guys are soooo bad...I just answered your PM Whistle
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

You guys are soooo bad...I just answered your PM Whistle
Me bad??? nooooooo lol

Just answered ur pm sunflwr

I'm off to bed now so any future pm's ill get tomorrow night

Nite all!!! Nitel sibsie and sunflwr xxx
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:16 am
C.G.D.S

There's a huge thread on that very thing over in the main USA section here. You might have to dig for it as it's probably a month old now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.