Wikiposts

K1 Interview Question

Old Jan 25th 2004, 7:14 am
Expert ping ponger

HighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default K1 Interview Question

I received my Packet~3 earlier this week and in the packet it mentions the requirement for 3 photos. Do these have to be ADIT photos or will regular UK Passport photos suffice?

Regards

Scott

Last edited by HighlandPenguin; Jan 26th 2004 at 2:52 am.
Old Jan 25th 2004, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: K1 Interview Question

Originally posted by HighlandPenguin
I received my Packet~3 earlier this week and in the packet it mentions the requirement for 3 photos. Do these have to be ADIT photos or will regular UK Passport photos suffice?

Regards

Scott
I had my interview done in London last Wednesday and they were ok with passport sized photos

Good Luck xxxxxxxx
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:44 am
Jay-S

Same goes with paris and probably with all embassies: regular
passport-size pictures are required. ADIT would only be for I129

J

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:21:26 +0000, whistlestop01
<member18683@british_expats.com> wrote:

>Originally posted by HighlandPenguin
    >> I received my
    >Packet~3 earlier this week and in the packet it mentions the requirement
    >for 3 photos. Do these have to be ADIT photos or will regular UK
    >Passport photos suffice?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Scott
    >I had my
    >interview done in London last Wednesday and they were ok with passport
    >sized photos
    >Good Luck xxxxxxxx

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:50 am
Expert ping ponger

HighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi whistlestop01

Did the MMR give you much bother, as I am due my MMR shot this Thursday. Had the TD shot last week, felt as if I had been in a boxing round with my left arm

Regards

Scott

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I had my interview done in London last Wednesday and they were ok with passport sized photos

Good Luck xxxxxxxx

Last edited by HighlandPenguin; Jan 26th 2004 at 3:09 am.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Hi whistlestop01

Did the MMR give you much bother, as I am due my MMR shot this Thursday. Had the TD shot last week, felt as if I had been in a boxing round with my left arm

Regards

Scott
Hi Scott,

I haven't had my MMR shot yet. I really don't want to have it done. Thinking of having it done separately but still not keen.

The deadline is by AOS for me so I still have time.

GULP.

Good Luck xx
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:10 am
early 30's member

bigcarper is an unknown quantity at this point

If you read the paper work, I'm sure it asks for adit style photos..
I had mine done adit style for the interview and standard pics for the medical.
MMR gave me no problems, you should get it done here, while its free on the NHS.

Regards

Scott
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bigcarper
If you read the paper work, I'm sure it asks for adit style photos..
I had mine done adit style for the interview and standard pics for the medical.
MMR gave me no problems, you should get it done here, while its free on the NHS.
It might ask for ADIT photos but I only used passport photos and that was adequate for the London Interview and medical.

I might but am still thinking of the MMR.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:53 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I might but am still thinking of the MMR.

I've been pondering the MMR. It seems that the risks are far less for adults but I'm still going to try to get them done as individual shots.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sibsie
I've been pondering the MMR. It seems that the risks are far less for adults but I'm still going to try to get them done as individual shots.
At last someone that agrees with me!! Just costly to have them done separately. £85 for each one OUCH!!

Best of Luck

Gisela xx
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:12 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

At last someone that agrees with me!! Just costly to have them done separately. £85 for each one OUCH!!

Best of Luck

Gisela xx
To be honest I'd be far happier paying to have them done as individual shots even if it means coughing up the €s.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I'd be far happier paying to have them done as individual shots even if it means coughing up the €s.
To be honest, I'm not sure I truly understand everyone's ambivalence about the MMR shots. It's standard procedure here for every child to get the MMR before they even start school. It's given to us all in one shot. If they give it to children like that, why shouldn't adults take it like that? I personally would rather have it in 1 shot and get it over with since I bruise extremely easily.

I know I remember seeing something in the UK that docs there think the MMR shot is linked to autism (I think that was what the article said), but as far as I've read, there is not a definitive link, the rate of autism in the US has not risen, and I truly don't understand what all the fuss is about. why pay so much more for 3 separate shots??
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Me too!! You know where to get yours?? I have to go to Southampton - an hours drive.

Good Luck xx
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:37 am
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
I know I remember seeing something in the UK that docs there think the MMR shot is linked to autism (I think that was what the article said), but as far as I've read, there is not a definitive link, the rate of autism in the US has not risen, and I truly don't understand what all the fuss is about. why pay so much more for 3 separate shots??
There has been a lot of talk about the link to autism and sadly the reseach funding isn't there to prove there is no link. There was an MMR night on UK TV a while back and no one could disprove the link.

There's too much of a risk for me to want the combined injection and many parents feel the same. It's all up to individual choice. Mine and Mr Blair's is to have it done as indivual jabs.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
why pay so much more for 3 separate shots??
Peace of mind!

I am also worried about the MMR and would be much happier to have the individual shots - whether it costs or not! At the end of the day, people have different opinions; some will be happy with the combined shots, some will opt for different.

This argument has been going on between doctors in the UK media for years - it was only a matter of time before it came to the NG!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

There has been a lot of talk about the link to autism and sadly the reseach funding isn't there to prove there is no link. There was an MMR night on UK TV a while back and no one could disprove the link.

There's too much of a risk for me to want the combined injection and many parents feel the same. It's all up to individual choice. Mine and Mr Blair's is to have it done as indivual jabs.
The thing is, what do we do when and if we want children? I hear they have to have the MMR or have them done separately to be able to attend school. It sure makes it difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.