Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K1 Interview in Oslo, Norway results

Wikiposts

K1 Interview in Oslo, Norway results

Old Jul 10th 2002, 4:20 pm
Robin

Default K1 Interview in Oslo, Norway results

My fiance and his 16 yr old son went to their K1 interview on Monday. They didn't get
their visas on Monday due to the fact that my fiance took a copy of the original
I-134 form I mailed him. They requested he bring back the notarized original. The
examiner also requested a letter of employment from his Norwegian employer (the
norwegian gov't). Before the interview he had to go and have ADIT pictures taken - he
had gotten Passport style photos as instructed in the paperwork they sent. Luckily
there was a shop right around the corner from the embassy.

My fiance says that the examiner didn't ask him any personal questions, such as my
birthdate, parents names, etc. Just asked him jokingly why his police record was
clean and about wanting to get married .

My fiance took back the requested documents on Tuesday and they had him come back on
Wednesday (July 10th) to pick up the visas and brown envelopes. He did not have to
stand in line again - just had to go up to the window.

Our TIMELINE:

April: Fiance called consulate for information and said I was petitioning for him.
They sent both packets to him a week later.

May 9: Sent I-129F petition to VSC via FedEx May 15: Received first NOA, dated May 10
May 24: Petition approved - info on recording June 10: Received second NOA Mid June:
Fiance and son went to medical appt Fiance sent in checklist to consulate, the next
week they called him set up the appointment July 8: K1 Interview July 10: Receipt of
Visa's and Brown envelopes

Old Jul 10th 2002, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

swoosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Interview in Oslo, Norway results

Congratulations Robin and all the best for you and your new little family.

Jeannine
Old Jul 10th 2002, 10:20 pm
Lindsay

Congrats! Too bad about the run-around, but thankfully it wasn't too difficult to
repair...and visas are in hand!

Good luck with the rest of your lives!!

)

"Robin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My fiance and his 16 yr old son went to their K1 interview on Monday. They didn't
    > get their visas on Monday due to the fact that my fiance took a copy of the
    > original I-134 form I mailed him. They requested he bring back the notarized
    > original. The examiner also requested a letter of employment from his Norwegian
    > employer (the norwegian gov't). Before the interview he had to go and have ADIT
    > pictures taken - he had gotten Passport style photos as instructed in the paperwork
    > they sent. Luckily there was a shop right around the corner from the embassy.
    >
    > My fiance says that the examiner didn't ask him any personal questions, such as my
    > birthdate, parents names, etc. Just asked him jokingly why his police record was
    > clean and about wanting to get married .
    >
    > My fiance took back the requested documents on Tuesday and they had him come back
    > on Wednesday (July 10th) to pick up the visas and brown envelopes. He did not have
    > to stand in line again - just had to go up to the window.
    >
    > Our TIMELINE:
    >
    > April: Fiance called consulate for information and said I was petitioning for him.
    > They sent both packets to him a week later.
    >
    > May 9: Sent I-129F petition to VSC via FedEx May 15: Received first NOA, dated May
    > 10 May 24: Petition approved - info on recording June 10: Received second NOA Mid
    > June: Fiance and son went to medical appt Fiance sent in checklist to consulate,
    > the next week they called him set up the appointment July 8: K1 Interview July 10:
    > Receipt of Visa's and Brown envelopes

Old Jul 11th 2002, 10:20 am
Robin

swoosh <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Congratulations Robin and all the best for you and your new little family.
    >
    > Jeannine

Thanks to you both for your good wishes!