Traveling BEFORE K-1

Old Nov 30th 2001, 12:19 pm
Qwikhog

Hello, I am a us citizen and my fiancee and i have the k-1 packet ready to file but I
want to wait till she gets here in December for a 2 week holiday. Is it true that if
I file the petition, she cannot visit? She is still worried that they might ask her
too many questions at the POE even though we haven't filed yet. I told her to take
off her engagement ring as well to be safe. Is there anything she could bring with
her to prove she is not going to stay at Christmas? Thanks again.....

Old Nov 30th 2001, 2:25 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default stuff to take

She should bring her return ticket (of course), a letter from her employer stating she is planning on returning to work after her holiday, a copy of her lease, etc...
There's still no guarentee in doing this, but there have been plenty of reports to this newsgroup of people who have travelled here for a visit before the k-1 is final. My fiance and I opted for me visiting him whilst it was being processed just to be safe (I'm the USC)
Good luck.
Old Nov 30th 2001, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

thetreefrog is an unknown quantity at this point

As you've not started the K-1 process yet, you don't really have anything to worry about. My fiancee has visited me here in the US 4 times this year (before we files the K-1) and never had a problem. Just tell her to be honest when asked questions and she'll be fine.